Meaning Of 'Until...'

Hello! I’m planning my travel to Thailand. And I would like to get accurate information about visa. Unfortunately, I haven't had it from other sources. I’m a citizen of Kazakhstan. I know that I can stay in Thailand with visa on arrival for 15 days. Imagine the situation. I have visa on arrival: “admitted 15 July until 29 July”. Could I exactly know an answer of the following question, please? If I had a stamp “until 29 July”, it would be normal to leave Thailand on that date (29 Jul)? Or should I leave Thailand before 29 July? In other words, what does a stamp 'until...' mean in this case? Thank you.

Or should I leave Thailand before 29 July?

through immigration not later than 29 july midnight even if your flight is hours later.

Ok. Thank you! It's a good news.

And why Thai Immigration hasn't revealed this moment?

Edited by maxvel

It is difficult to guess but it might have to do with the fact that the Thai immigration Bureau is not in the business of publishing a dictionary or thesaurus or encyclopaedia.

It is difficult to guess but it might have to do with the fact that the Thai immigration Bureau is not in the business of publishing a dictionary or thesaurus or encyclopaedia.

I've appreciated your opinion. And did you know that English is not wide spoken in Commonwealth of Independent States (Kazakhstan is one of them)? Predictably, some people need simple description of complicated things, especially which are connected with law. There are a lot of various docs, where we can see exact meaning of dates or time periods.

For example, when you bye an air ticket, you exactly know that arrival time refers to local time of your destination. And you don't need to read through the Encyclopedia, in order to find the time zone of your destination and to calculate something before fly.

In the end, I'd like to note that prepositions are often a subject of never-ending arguments and conversations. And preposition 'until' is one of them, too.

I've appreciated your opinion. And did you know that English is not wide spoken in Commonwealth of Independent States (Kazakhstan is one of them)? Predictably, some people need simple description of complicated things, especially which are connected with law. There are a lot of various docs, where we can see exact meaning of dates or time periods.

For example, when you bye an air ticket, you exactly know that arrival time refers to local time of your destination. And you don't need to read through the Encyclopedia, in order to find the time zone of your destination and to calculate something before fly.

In the end, I'd like to note that prepositions are often a subject of never-ending arguments and conversations. And preposition 'until' is one of them, too.

That's why I like the American expression "XX through 29th". That is clear that the 29th is included, whereas "until 29th" or "up to 29th" is not clear at all (IMHO).

Edited by Jangot

Good luck

And I add a free English lesson until is not a preposition

It is a conjunction

I am sure you will enjoy your time here

Bon Voyage give my fondest regards to My uncle Borat in Kargandy

Just thought I would point out that our learned friend from Kazakhstan does not actually need an English lesson. He was correct in saying that the word 'until' is a preposition.

I'm grateful to everyone. Now I have crisp understanding of my dates.

Special thanks to GeorgeO for supporting me. Let's be friends!

Dear RubbaJohnny! I should hint you, that Borat's theme is banned in my country. Moreover, it's not a good idea to start off discussing it. If I were very sensitive, 'your regards to your uncle' would be considered as an offensive thing. I think, you should be a bit careful about impolite jokes. Obviously, people don't tend to have the same attitude toward distinctive situations.

Good luck

And I add a free English lesson until is not a preposition

It is a conjunction

I am sure you will enjoy your time here

Bon Voyage give my fondest regards to My uncle Borat in Kargandy

Just thought I would point out that our learned friend from Kazakhstan does not actually need an English lesson. He was correct in saying that the word 'until' is a preposition.

according to the dictionary, "until" can be either; a preposition or a con junction.