Golf In Phuket

kenny999

So you go around the 9 hole course, twice?

It's a very average course and i'm being kind.

Loch Palm is only 800 baht more for 18 holes but it's well worth it compared to Phunaka.

Yes you are right it is an avarage course and has 6 par 3's so at 1600 bht which is the normal price I would not go, but the price is right at the moment, I have been past Loch Palm a few times and looks good but I assumed it would be very expensive,

Just looked at Loch Palm web site.. 3700 bht for 18 holes plus 300 bht for caddy, sorry but how is that 800 more than Phunaka??

Oh just noticed 300 bht caddy fee has to be paid before you play, so another tip will have to be paid after the game, making this course way to expensive..

Red mountain 6500 bht for 18 holes crazy prices, no problem if you are rich though... I wouldent pay these prices in the UK and don't intend paying them here, but would love to play one of these courses in the future, maybe once!!!!!

Edited by kenny999

Loch Palm is only 800 baht more for 18 holes but it's well worth it compared to Phunaka.

Yes you are right it is an avarage course and has 6 par 3's so at 1600 bht which is the normal price I would not go, but the price is right at the moment, I have been past Loch Palm a few times and looks good but I assumed it would be very expensive,

Just looked at Loch Palm web site.. 3700 bht for 18 holes plus 300 bht for caddy, sorry but how is that 800 more than Phunaka??

Oh just noticed 300 bht caddy fee has to be paid before you play, so another tip will have to be paid after the game, making this course way to expensive..

Red mountain 6500 bht for 18 holes crazy prices, no problem if you are rich though... I wouldent pay these prices in the UK and don't intend paying them here, but would love to play one of these courses in the future, maybe once!!!!!

Local membership is available at Loch Palm. I think it costs 2000 baht for a year and after that it's about 1700 baht a round, and that's a reasonable price. You need a work permit or Thai driving licence to qualify for local membership.

Mine's expired as I just haven't played for ages, partly because I haven't mustered up the enthusiasm and partly because after years of playing on an occasional basis, I am still crap!

Local membership is available at Loch Palm. I think it costs 2000 baht for a year and after that it's about 1700 baht a round, and that's a reasonable price. You need a work permit or Thai driving licence to qualify for local membership.

Mine's expired as I just haven't played for ages, partly because I haven't mustered up the enthusiasm and partly because after years of playing on an occasional basis, I am still crap!

Yes 1700 is a more reasonable price for a non tourist, I understand that ex-pats who are off shore workers etc can afford these prices without blinking an eye but for other people who are here retired it is mostly out of reach.

I would have replied but you said it best.

Thank you.

Anyone who is serious about golf won't even consider playing there.

Thank you.

Anyone who is serious about golf needs their (club) head examined..! The more serious you get, the worse you will play. Go out relaxed, and enjoy the day, and you will probably play the best golf you've ever played..! :)

Thank you.

Anyone who is serious about golf needs their (club) head examined..! The more serious you get, the worse you will play. Go out relaxed, and enjoy the day, and you will probably play the best golf you've ever played..! :)

That is so true!!!

Thank you.

What a daft comment you have posted!! anyone that is serious about golf will play any where!!! golf is about having fun and doing something you love!!! also if you have many money which by your reply you obviously have then no need to ever play Phunaka!!!

I must amend my previous post about Phunaka, in fact it is a great course and a tough test of golf for most players, off the blue tee's this course is not easy, the first 3 par 3's are nice holes, the par 4/5 4th over the water will foil most players, if you do manage to make it over the water your ball position on the fairway is critical as the 2nd shot has to be spot on to avoid going out of bounds, the 5th par 3 is such a great hole!! par 4 6th is a tough driving hole and must be in a good position to make it to the green in 2,7th par 3 also tough due to the deep bunker left of the green, also the drop off to the right,8th and 9th nice holes but not tough. Would I play Phunaka if I had many money of course I would golf is about fun and playing with a friend or friends. even very serious golfer's would play there as there love of golf does not mean playing expensive courses!!!! <BR><BR><BR><BR>What do the other courses in Phuket have that Phunaka has not, scenary, 18 hole lay out, the price!!!!

Edited by kenny999

Yes 1700 is a more reasonable price for a non tourist, I understand that ex-pats who are off shore workers etc can afford these prices without blinking an eye but for other people who are here retired it is mostly out of reach.

I wasn't implying that Phunaka is a bad course. It's short but quite difficult. If I play 18 I usually play alternate blue/white tees for a different outlook.

No one i know that plays 4 times or more per week will even use the driving range at Phunaka, it's that bad.

I suppose the novices and penny pinchers need to start somewhere though.

Most golfers I know say it's the best driving range on the island!

NB thanks for the Club Med info. I had always believed that the facilities were for Club Med guests exclusively.