Loyalty Cards

GEZMAC

I've been using a restaurant in Soi Lenkey for awhile and after 2 or 3 visits was given a loyalty card, buy 10 meals and you get a free one. As i like the fish there, although the chips aren't to my liking i have the mash,i thought this was a bonus, i mean no way would i have 10 meals just to get a free one if i didn't like the food there. Anyway last week i had a meal there and produced my card with 9 stamps already on it, when i paid i was given a card back with 9 stamps, i said there was 9 stamps on it when i gave it to you, no she said you have 8 i give you one now you have 9, i then noticed it was a brand new card and not the one i had given her so i told her but she just repeated what she had already said only louder. As other customers looked on i just left, wishing i hadn't left a tip.I just wondered why they bother with loyalty cards, i would have still used the place anyway but this has left a bad taste.

My tgf has a loyalty card from the bus company by Tops as she goes to Bangkok every month when it was full they refused to accept it. She still uses them but is annoyed at their behavour.

Your experience doesn't accord with mine...I have many discount and loyalty cards I use and have never had a problem collecting on a premium, freebie, or discount to which I was entitled.

Black Canyon has a particulary good one at the moment where after you buy 6 coffee drinks the 7th is free. I have collected 2 free drinks on this promo already (plus I can still use my Black member card for a 10% discount on the 6).

Edited by FarangBuddha

I did have a card from a visa run company which gave discount on subsequent runs, when trying to use it though was simply told "finnit" and got a much smaller discount for booking early. No expiry date on the original promotion and as its hardly something you buy every day you might expect it to be a long term thing. I suggested that by way of good customer service they ought to honour the card one last time for each customer who'd bothered to keep them - might have just as well have been speaking Swahili for all the response I got.

Mind you, having said all that, I still use them, I like the scotch egg in the packed lunch!