Why Isn'T There A Park In Pattaya?

hotandhumid

I like Pattaya but this place badly needs a park. Why on earth isn't there a park?? I don't mean a water park, I mean a real park where You can take your kids and relax on the grass etc.

I read on this forum recently that the only think that Pattaya hasn't got is a good Mexican restaurant, but for me it's a nice park.

Thoughts?

H&H

No parks...

i know a beautifull park about 1km form pattaya,it's in a army base and school,enough grass and land to walk,and you even can see exotic animals around,or to their beach,very beautifull queit beach,whitout the streetvendors around and busses full of chinese and russians,there you can real relax,,,,

you only need to pay 50 bath to go inside the park but it's worth it,if you want more info i could look it up for you.

There are some park-type areas on the way up to the top of Pratumank Hill (from the lighthouse) and at the top there is a bit of park area near the jogging track.

There used to be a bit of a grassy area near the back of Bali Hai pier, but this may be being built on.

Some of the fishing parks have grass areas around th ponds where you can chill-out a bit - the one on Third Rd for example.

I guess mostly people go to the beach for some r&r.

Simon

No parks...

i know a beautifull park about 1km form pattaya,it's in a army base and school,enough grass and land to walk,and you even can see exotic animals around,or to their beach,very beautifull queit beach,whitout the streetvendors around and busses full of chinese and russians,there you can real relax,,,,

you only need to pay 50 bath to go inside the park but it's worth it,if you want more info i could look it up for you.

Sounds like Sattahip navel base, thats slightly more than 1km from Pattaya.

Because a park would get full of street vendors selling food and attracting rats and soi dogs.

And there would be the inevitable line up of girls and katoeys looking for customers just like at Beach Road (and Lumpini Park Bangkok)

There is a lovely park in Sri Racha ,they manage to keep out all street vendors ,not difficult ,large fine ,they also have park keepers there.

Grass = ants, snakes, scorpions and does not go down well with Children, straw blankets, picnic food etc.

Could always hit any of the 36 Local Golf courses and hang out on the 19th hole or so.

Lake Maprachan has some very nice areas also kind of like a camp-ground back home.

Bali hi pier was nice but as another post says not sure whats going on there now.

Most community Gated villages have a communal swimming pool with a park like setting thats usually nice.

Chang Noi Lake is also a nice place for a picnic on the dark side a ways up Soi Khao Talo

Sathahip has many many park like areas along with vinyards, golden Buddha mountain, a lake etc and can even rent water bikes etc. Worth the trip.

1300 baht to rent a car or truck for a day will get you to any of these places.

No parks...

yes indeed this one,

very queit and beautifull park whit many options to look after...i always go on my motorbike from the darkside about 15 min...

worth going there if you look for parks where you can lay in the gras or at the see whit out any streetvenders bothering you.

The reason there are no parks in Pattaya is that land or large open spaces equals big bucks when sold for building purpose.

And who owns most of that prime land?

The very same people that control Pattaya.

Edited by nam-thip

The reason there are no parks in Pattaya is that land or large open spaces equals big bucks when sold for building purpose.

And who owns most of that prime land?

The very same people that control Pattaya.

Totally agree

No parks...

yes indeed this one,

very queit and beautifull park whit many options to look after...i always go on my motorbike from the darkside about 15 min...

worth going there if you look for parks where you can lay in the gras or at the see whit out any streetvenders bothering you.

Are you sure you have ever been to Pattaya or are you just posting from Blighty ?First you mention it is 1 Km outside Pattaya,now you say you drive there in 15 min which is even from the darkest of the darkside of Pattaya an oxymoron,unless of course you go all the way at +200Km/h on your motorbike.

Hallo,

There is a park at the end of Naklua road. I go there often for relax and stretching limbs. Dont know the name though because it is written in Thai.

It is not a big one, but Ok for me. You can sit on the grass, sit on the benches, use the sport equipments, etc. It is on the seaside, I often see teens riding bikes there, and some people doing Tai Chi or Jogging too.

Notice:

You go on and on till the Nakula road, then you smell some sticky fish smell, that is the naklua market. Then you turn left and will see the park. It is for free and always open.

If you start from the roundabout near the beach road, it will take you 10min to reach the park by motorbike.

CHeers

SS

As I go down some of the sois in Pattaya, (soi 2 for example) I see a couple large plots of unocccupied land already with trees. I keep thinking: Wouldn't it be a pro-active move where the city bought the land and made it into a small park for people to relax at. True, it seems that every place in Pattaya would end up with vendors or people eating on the grass leaving their rubbish. But true, Sriracha has a very nice, clean park.

No parks...

yes indeed this one,

Are you sure you have ever been to Pattaya or are you just posting from Blighty ?First you mention it is 1 Km outside Pattaya,now you say you drive there in 15 min which is even from the darkest of the darkside of Pattaya an oxymoron,unless of course you go all the way at +200Km/h on your motorbike.

I suspect he means the one just past Bang Sare rather than the Sattahip Navy place.

As I go down some of the sois in Pattaya, (soi 2 for example) I see a couple large plots of unocccupied land already with trees. I keep thinking: Wouldn't it be a pro-active move where the city bought the land and made it into a small park for people to relax at. True, it seems that every place in Pattaya would end up with vendors or people eating on the grass leaving their rubbish. But true, Sriracha has a very nice, clean park.

Nice idea, but any good plot of land in Pattaya is already owned by a few very very rich people who are not interested in selling. They might lease it out on a long term lease, that's what happened to most of the hotels on Beach road, even places like Central is on leased land.