Israel deports five pro-Palestinian activists ahead of arrival of Gaza-bound aid flotilla

News_Editor

Israel deports five pro-Palestinian activists ahead of arrival of Gaza-bound aid flotilla

2011-07-07 03:17:08 GMT+7 (ICT)

JERUSALEM (BNO NEWS) -- Israel on Wednesday announced the deportation of five pro-Palestinian activists ahead of the arrival of the Gaza-bound aid flotilla, the Haaretz newspaper reported.

The five individuals were deported to their home countries Belgium and France. The deportations came as reports surfaced that about 600 to 1,200 activists will arrive on Thursday night and Friday, on flights from Moscow and New York.

In response, the Israeli government deployed dozens of Israeli security forces at the Ben-Gurion International Airport where the activists plan to arrive in support to the Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

The organizers denied that the flights were connected to the aid flotilla. One of them, Lubna Masarawa, told the Haaretz newspaper that they planned to visit Palestinian cities over a year ago as tourists.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu authorized security forces to act firmly against protests as it is expected that demonstrators will gather in or around the airport. He, however, ordered law enforcement to avoid "unnecessary altercations."

On Monday, the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon voiced support for a Greek Government initiative to use its vessels to deliver humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip through regular established channels.

The 'Freedom Flotilla II' consists of ten ships carrying more than 500 Palestinian activists from around the world. Currently, seven vessels are still docked in Greece under authorities' orders, two were sabotaged and rendered unable to sail and a French one is en route towards Gaza Strip.

In May 2010, nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed and dozens more were injured when Israeli commandos boarded a ship participating in the 'Freedom Flotilla I'. The incident caused global outrage over alleged excessive force, but Israel has denied that and said its commandos were being attacked.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-07-07

Interestingly enough Flotilla II has just received another blow as yesterday the UN ruled the Israeli blockade was Legal. Get that peaceniks - LEGAL!! :clap2:

http://www.debka.com/article/21093/

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan applied the brakes to the process of reconciliation with Israel when he learned Wednesday, July 6, that the UN inquiry commission into last year's Turkish-led flotilla had ruled Israel's naval blockade on Gaza legal.

This is a MUST READ about what kinds of alliances these flotilla boat people have made. The entire flotilla movement is clearly designed to provoke Israel, but check out what kinds of organizations are behind it!

http://www.slate.com/id/2298332/

The little boats cannot make much difference to the welfare of Gaza either way, since the materials being shipped are in such negligible quantity. The chief significance of the enterprise is therefore symbolic. And the symbolism, when examined even cursorily, doesn't seem too adorable. The intended beneficiary of the stunt is a ruling group with close ties to two of the most retrograde dictatorships in the Middle East, each of which has recently been up to its elbows in the blood of its own civilians. The same group also manages to maintain warm relations with, or at the very least to make cordial remarks about, both Hezbollah and al-Qaida. Meanwhile, a document that was once accurately described as a "warrant for genocide" forms part of the declared political platform of the aforesaid group. There is something about this that fails to pass a smell test. I wonder whether any reporter on the scene will now take me up on this.

I'm surprised no one has taken notice that the "flotilla" is not environmentally friendly. It is an inefficient method of delivering cargo. All those people lfying about and aged marine vessels leaving polluted bilge water behind. Nice carbon footprint. All of the goods on th boat if humanitarian aid can be delivered via the Egyptian or Israeli crossings. There is no restriction on humanitarian aid via those crossings.

This is a MUST READ about what kinds of alliances these flotilla boat people have made. The entire flotilla movement is clearly designed to provoke Israel, but check out what kinds of organizations are behind it!

http://www.slate.com/id/2298332/

The little boats cannot make much difference to the welfare of Gaza either way, since the materials being shipped are in such negligible quantity. The chief significance of the enterprise is therefore symbolic. And the symbolism, when examined even cursorily, doesn't seem too adorable. The intended beneficiary of the stunt is a ruling group with close ties to two of the most retrograde dictatorships in the Middle East, each of which has recently been up to its elbows in the blood of its own civilians. The same group also manages to maintain warm relations with, or at the very least to make cordial remarks about, both Hezbollah and al-Qaida. Meanwhile, a document that was once accurately described as a "warrant for genocide" forms part of the declared political platform of the aforesaid group. There is something about this that fails to pass a smell test. I wonder whether any reporter on the scene will now take me up on this.

But " Slate " is written by Jews........... so its more Jewish propaganda :bah:

http://www.slate.com/id/117517/

I'm surprised no one has taken notice that the "flotilla" is not environmentally friendly. It is an inefficient method of delivering cargo. All those people lfying about and aged marine vessels leaving polluted bilge water behind. Nice carbon footprint. All of the goods on th boat if humanitarian aid can be delivered via the Egyptian or Israeli crossings. There is no restriction on humanitarian aid via those crossings.

Carbon footprint - The footprint they leave resembles the jackboot. These are one issue activists who don't think of sailing to Syria or lobbying Saudi Arabia and Iran over womens rights, nor do they think of the cause of the Coptic Christians in Egypt. To weigh the non-existant (according to the red cross) humanitarian crisis in Gaza with real atrocities such as Syria would cause their heads to explode. Essentially they are sailing their own sublimated anti-semitism under a flag of convenience to sanitize it, less people seem to be fooled by it this time.

At least you do not hide how you feel about Jews. All that we love the Jews, but hate Israel stuff never convices anyone. Honesty is always the best policy. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

it's no different to the derogatory comments on here about Palestinians ? And what's the use of the jailers writing articles about the prisoners?

You are showing your true agenda. Any comments are about Palestinian TERRORISTS - not peaceful Palestinians- and how many of the staff at Slate are Israelis? :blink:

Congratulations on your amazing quoting skills by the way.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'm surprised no one has taken notice that the "flotilla" is not environmentally friendly. It is an inefficient method of delivering cargo. All those people lfying about and aged marine vessels leaving polluted bilge water behind. Nice carbon footprint. All of the goods on the boat if humanitarian aid can be delivered via the Egyptian or Israeli crossings. There is no restriction on humanitarian aid via those crossings.

Probably a spec compared to all the depleted uranium ammunition/weapons left behind in other countries by others eh? Not to mention a few planes & ships used by invading policing forces & their own pollution.

Glass houses & stones again ;)

Edited by flying

In any case the link I posted is written by a world famous ATHEIST, not that it matters.

http://en.wikipedia....topher_Hitchens

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…. Etc :blink:

Hitchens has said of himself”

“ I'm one of those people of Jewish descent who believes that Zionism would be a mistake even if there were no Palestinians

In any case the link I posted is written by a world famous ATHEIST, not that it matters.

http://en.wikipedia....topher_Hitchens

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…. Etc :blink:

Hitchens has said of himself"

" I'm one of those people of Jewish descent who believes that Zionism would be a mistake even if there were no Palestinians "

:offtopic2::spamsign:

A number of posts with quotes that serious formatting problems have been deleted.

I might suggest re-reading the OP if you seem to have trouble staying on-topic, otherwise your post will disappear.

Interestingly enough Flotilla II has just received another blow as yesterday the UN ruled the Israeli blockade was Legal. Get that peaceniks - LEGAL!! :clap2:

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan applied the brakes to the process of reconciliation with Israel when he learned Wednesday, July 6, that the UN inquiry commission into last year's Turkish-led flotilla had ruled Israel's naval blockade on Gaza legal.

Peaceniks? Do you have something against peace? Are you a warmonger?

By the way, the last flotilla was boarded in international waters and that is ILLEGAL.

Activists deported. I guess Israel doesn't like protesters. Awfully nice of the PM to order law enforcement to avoid unecessary altercations. I wonder why they have to be ordered to do that, must be standard practice for law enforcement to partake in such altercations.

An interesting perspective:

Israel’s message: Hate thy pro-Palestinian activist

"Where Israel is concerned, a democracy that cannot bring itself to allow non-violent protest has already turned on itself."

For the record, I do not favor provocation as a method of protest.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-in-hell/israel-s-message-hate-thy-pro-palestinian-activist-1.371999

I don't always agree with your posts, but I must say; I am very impressed by your analytical mind, and your arguments/comments are well structured.

:jap:

Activists deported. I guess Israel doesn't like protesters. Awfully nice of the PM to order law enforcement to avoid unecessary altercations. I wonder why they have to be ordered to do that, must be standard practice for law enforcement to partake in such altercations.

Perhaps you could name a country where foreign nationals are allowed to protest and are even allowed to enter the country with sole intention, which is to protest.:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure in most normal and democratic countries law enforcement agency's are under strict instructions to avoid unnecessary altercations, unless of course its one of the neighbors where the instructions are to shoot and kill

By the way, the last flotilla was boarded in international waters and that is ILLEGAL.

I am also a little perturbed by the 'peaceniks' comment. What is that all about?

Wallaby... do you claim that the UN is wrong?

Seems to me you are biased against Israel.

I am also a little perturbed by the 'peaceniks' comment. What is that all about?

Wallaby... do you claim that the UN is wrong?

Seems to me you are biased against Israel.

No I didn't say the UN was wrong. If the blockade is legal then so be it. My point is that the Israeli's boarded the last flotilla in international waters. That is where it was illegal.

It's strange how some on here blast the UN and anyone that agrees with the UN if it doesn't fit their agenda. But they soon change tune and use a UN decision to justify themselves when it suits.

My bias is against any govt that just does what it wants against international law and the Israelu will just do what it wants whether the UN finds it legal or illegal.

No I didn't say the UN was wrong. If the blockade is legal then so be it. My point is that the Israeli's boarded the last flotilla in international waters. That is where it was illegal.

It's strange how some on here blast the UN and anyone that agrees with the UN if it doesn't fit their agenda. But they soon change tune and use a UN decision to justify themselves when it suits.

My bias is against any govt that just does what it wants against international law and the Israelu will just do what it wants whether the UN finds it legal or illegal.

The Israelis do what they must do to protect a small piece of land surrounded by foes.

They do not do what they 'want'.

What they 'want' is to live in safety.

The terrorists ignore international law, we all know this. So, Israel does what she must to respond effectively- but not every action from Israel is illegal or even inhumane. Israel is a liberal democracy, unlike any other Arab state in the region.

I am a big supporter of Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state. However, it can't be denied that the current Israeli government is dominated by the more right wing elements of their society. Some of those elements can even be described as fascist. So a lot of the specific Israeli policies are debatable, such as the policies on settlements, etc. I understand how Israel has been driven to the right over security concerns and fears which are legitimate. However, if there EVER is going to peace there, and two states living in peace, the Israelis are going to have to be governed by more moderate factions, and the Palestinians are going to have to give up their demand for unconditional right of return to Israel (which would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state, which was the whole idea in the first place).

Edited by Jingthing

Provided always, That if any goods, wares or merchandise, shall be laden or put off from, or discharged or landed upon, any other place than the quays, wharfs, or places, so to be appointed, the same, together with the ships, boats, and other vessels employed therein, and the horses, or other cattle and carriages used to convey the same, and the person or persons concerned or assisting therein, or to whose hands the same shall knowingly come, shall suffer all the forfeitures and penalties imposed by this or any other Act on the illegal shipping or landing of goods.

- Boston Port Act of 1774 (14 Geo. III. c. 19)

We all know what happened next.

The Israelis do what they must do to protect a small piece of land surrounded by foes.

They do not do what they 'want'.

What they 'want' is to live in safety.

The terrorists ignore international law, we all know this. So, Israel does what she must to respond effectively...

Fight fire with fire, but, as usual, the terrorist enablers make excuses for the Islamic fanatics in Hamas and try to demonize their democratic enemies for fighting back. :bah:

Edited by Ulysses G.

I am a big supporter of Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state. However, it can't be denied that the current Israeli government is dominated by the more right wing elements of their society. Some of those elements can even be described as fascist. So a lot of the specific Israeli policies are debatable, such as the policies on settlements, etc. I understand how Israel has been driven to the right over security concerns and fears which are legitimate. However, if there EVER is going to peace there, and two states living in peace, the Israelis are going to have to be governed by more moderate factions, and the Palestinians are going to have to give up their demand for unconditional right of return to Israel (which would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state, which was the whole idea in the first place).

Unfortunately, this would require Israel to overthrow its current electoral process that allows representation based upon popular vote. It is why so many of the fringe parties have such a big say. If Israel had a US or UK system there would be a stability and an ability to have a national policy. In their quest to provide a voice to all voters, Israel laid the foundation for electoral chaos allowing embarrassments like its foreign minister to gain office. I don't think you can have the results you want unless Israel becomes less democratic.

Wallaby:

How many nations actually follow what the UN mandates if it is against their better national interests?

Simply curious to know if you can back up your statement.