Rough Costs Of Security Bars And Insect Screens?

Hi all

Have just rec'd a quote of 45,000 Baht to have security grills ( that can be opened to clean the windows) along with insect screens..again opening type. It's only a two storey twin house with about 10 windows standard size (sliding type) and one full length sliding door.

Is this quote about right?

Those who have been there and done that pls comment! Thanks :jap:

Along with insect screens and sliding door this sounds about right if its the white bars about the diameter of your pinky finger and comes with flower/fruit/leave-type metal vines between/on the bars. Please note there are two types of metal bars used: solid and hollow...get the solid as they are much harder to cut/bend and only cost just a little more. Good luck.

Edited by Pib

In Hua Hin I paid 37K for three double doors including bars and screens and 18 non-sliding windows w/bars and screens. Design is up to you, suppliers have design books from which you can pick one as-is or tweak the design and they will make it.

I paid 43,000 baht for 15 windows (two of which are large 10 footers) and two double door sliding security screens. Thin painted decorative metal (not stainless steel). No mosquito screens. Location rural SiSaket. 18 months ago.

Your price sounds ok - or put alternatively we have both paid the falang price :rolleyes:.

My screens were installed yesterday. Bars next week.

For each 60x110 window = 200 baht for screens and 300 baht for bars.

The security bars won't open, though.

Screens on existing security doors = 1000 baht for 3 doors.

KKC

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Sriracha. Got another quote which seems like the right price at 18,000 Baht security bars including the screens. Just shows that it pays to shop around!

My screens were installed yesterday. Bars next week.

For each 60x110 window = 200 baht for screens and 300 baht for bars.

The security bars won't open, though.

Screens on existing security doors = 1000 baht for 3 doors.

KKC

So much depends on the style/design of security bars and screens (plain, fancy, flat bars, round bars, type of paint used, etc.), size of doors & windows , location in Thailand, etc...etc...etc. Ain't no standard answer/price....but shopping around is always the smart thing to do.