Some Bar Tips Needed

sidjameson

My friend and I are early 40's, professional and NOT looking for bar girls.

What we are looking for is a bar or two where we have a chance of meeting nice Thai women, mid 20's to mid 30's. Possibly play some pool.

My friend earns a good western salary, while I live off a modest Thai one, haha so a range of options would be nice.

I live central Bangkok.

If you live in BKK... no .. scratch that.

If you don't speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars you'll get bar girls. If you do speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars they won't be "nice" girls but they might be friendly. If you are doing it on the cheap ......

Edit to add ... nice girls only go to clubs in groups of friends and if you don't blend in some meaningful way with those friends ... you are out of luck :)

Edited by jdinasia

I also need some advice on a decent bar that I can take a guy friend to - doesn't really matter if there's girls he can meet or not. But I personally would prefer not to have to deal with being eyed by those in the trade as stealing their business lol

Any suggestions? I'm not keen on the crazily loud music in clubs filled with teenagers either

Guess I'm stuck with Irish / English pubs?

close to sathorn perhaps?

Why are these post even allowed to be put on here? I not being critical of the mods, but give me a break! I come to this site for information and news, not for reading this muck from someone with a fantasy and living in Kentucky or where ever.....Ban me if you will, but get a grip, this is not headline worthy.....

Gullivers Suk soi 5 is what you are looking for.

No nice Thai women to be found, in fact they wouldnt be seen dead in the place.

Plenty of freelancers passing themselves off as nice Thai women, dont worry you wont be the first to be fooled.

A basic understanding of French or west African languages may also help you in your quest.

Hedonis, perhaps if you can PM me to let me' know why you think the question cannot be asked?

I've read it and don't see that it violates any forum rule. It has even got me to ask for a suggestion too

In response to MiG's comment, there certainly are any number of places that are perfectly fine to go for a friendly drink, without being eyed or otherwise involved with hookers....

On the other hand, re the OP's comment, echoing what others have said above, I don't know too many "nice" or "professional" Thai women who spend their time hanging out at bars and shooting pool with farang guys they just happened to meet there.....

But.. hope springs eternal... In a city the size of Bangkok...perhaps there is ONE such lady somewhere.... :whistling:

<br />Hedonis, perhaps if you can PM me to let me' know why you think the question cannot be asked? <br />I've read it and don't see that it violates any forum rule. It has even got me to ask for a suggestion too<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I also agree it doesn't violate forum rules unless one attempts to read between the lines (rightly or wrongly). It is one thing to ask about a pool bar that is a good place to visit with a friend but then to claim you are also looking for the company of "nice" and non-working girls who would enjoy the company of men twice or near twice their age ... sorry to be a skeptic but I think this "may" be a bit of a incognito way around the forum rules or at best a not worded properly or simply a naive poster in terms of Thailand, women and bars. But of course I'm sure there are some young girls, including poor and possibly alcoholic young girls, that are looking for free drinks and know they can get them from older farang men but now we are back to the issue of "nice" girls.

Forget that we are in a country where sex tourism is rampant and where no nice girl (lacking mental issues) is going to go compete (free of charge) with working girls at a pool hall for the attention of older farangs but generally speaking I don't believe there are too many nice girls hanging out at pool hall bars with the interest of meeting much older foreign men .. If there was, then why come to Thailand :-)

But to the OP .. If you simply are trying to say you are not looking for sex then not to worry. Even the working girls don't have a problem shooting pool and having some laughs if you are buying them drinks. They know not every encounter is going to lead to a paid sex act. But no doubt they will try to make the encounter something more if you are showing interest in them.

Edited by Nisa

Why are these post even allowed to be put on here? I not being critical of the mods, but give me a break! I come to this site for information and news, not for reading this muck from someone with a fantasy and living in Kentucky or where ever.....Ban me if you will, but get a grip, this is not headline worthy.....

I think this is in the Bangkok Section of the forum and not the News Section. I can understand the confusion because I noticed on the homepage the thread link is under a category/section titled "Bangkok News". However, this section has always been for people to ask or comment about general Bangkok related topics such as where to find a good bar, restaurant or buy a cheap TV in Bangkok. And lets not forget, if somebody does respond with a bar matching the OP's requirements that it would be big news ... at least to me wink.gif

As most of the people that use this forum are either clueless or do not live in Thailand, then you are sure to receive responses like those above. Yes, places like Gullivers are for blokes looking for freelancers that are a small step up from pick up joints like Beer Garden or Biergarten. However, there are Thai women that are educated, happily employed that are quite happy to go for a drink and a meal where expats hang out.

As most of the people that use this forum are either clueless or do not live in Thailand, then you are sure to receive responses like those above. Yes, places like <snip> are for blokes looking for freelancers that are a small step up from pick up joints like <snip> or <snip>. However, there are Thai women that are educated, happily employed that are quite happy to go for a drink and a meal where expats hang out.

Please do tell .. at what pool bar are these happily employed & educated young Thai women, that are looking to hang out with 40+ year old farangs, frequenting?

That was pretty much the original question.

Edited by Nisa

So you are on a budget and will avoid anything but cheap pool bars, you seek willing and available middle class young ladies to act as "hostesses" for your entertainment but are above bar girls, and your friend has no interest in a deep meaningful overnight relationship?

If I have completely misunderstood your needs maybe you might find one of the staff at the Thai Language school willing to come out with a friend for a night of pool and drinks, all above board and chaperoned or course. Or better still: In another thread you said you were married, maybe your wife might suggest a friend that is free that night?

Go to a hostess bar that is what they are there for, better than embarrassing yourself and any Thai ladies that would not wish to be seen dead pursued by farangs that look older than their fathers by their peer group in their usual hangouts.

If you turn the fan off you might smell the coffee.

If you live in BKK... no .. scratch that.

If you don't speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars you'll get bar girls. If you do speak Thai and are looking for random hookups with women you meet in bars they won't be "nice" girls but they might be friendly. If you are doing it on the cheap ......

Edit to add ... nice girls only go to clubs in groups of friends and if you don't blend in some meaningful way with those friends ... you are out of luck :)

..my mum always told me..if you want to meet a nice girl, go to church. (Government workers, armed forces, dental clinics, hospitals, department stores..many venues).

If you then took one of these to a bar they would cringe at the thought.

Edited by rodcourt49

:D

Try to meet a few ladies on their way back from the temple after feeding the monks.

Even then take care...they might be bar girls making merit after fleecing the last farang out of his life savings! biggrin.gif

Then don't read it but it was interesting enough for you to post.

Gullivers Suk soi 5 is what you are looking for.

No nice Thai women to be found, in fact they wouldnt be seen dead in the place.

Plenty of freelancers passing themselves off as nice Thai women, dont worry you wont be the first to be fooled.

A basic understanding of French or west African languages may also help you in your quest.

A little sarcastic or maybe a bitter note from someone cheated by a Katoey.

I also need some advice on a decent bar that I can take a guy friend to - doesn't really matter if there's girls he can meet or not. But I personally would prefer not to have to deal with being eyed by those in the trade as stealing their business lol

Any suggestions? I'm not keen on the crazily loud music in clubs filled with teenagers either

Guess I'm stuck with Irish / English pubs?

close to sathorn perhaps?

The Roadhouse is ok in Sathorn, decent bands, reasonable BBQ and good sports bar on the top floor.

But it is close o Patpong if that is a concern to you.

<br />I also need some advice on a decent bar that I can take a guy friend to - doesn't really matter if there's girls he can meet or not. But I personally would prefer not to have to deal with being eyed by those in the trade as stealing their business lol<br /><br />Any suggestions? I'm not keen on the crazily loud music in clubs filled with teenagers either <br /><br />Guess I'm stuck with Irish / English pubs? <br />close to sathorn perhaps?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The bar in the metropolitan hotel on sathorn road is what your looking for.

Even Thai men dont know the answer to your enquiry. Good Thai women that are not hungry for money are very hard to find. If you want to play pool then get used to playing with hookers.You and your friends are going to spend alot of money if you limit yourself to central bangkok.. good luck.

May I respectfully suggest that if posts like this upset you so much, then don't read them. If I were you I certainly would bother responding, especially at 23.25, oh could that be the problem.

I for one think it's a pretty sensible question, and judging by the responses, well most of them, so do others.

The bar in the metropolitan hotel on sathorn road is what your looking for.

The Met - is that still members and hotel guests only? Used to be. Or if one dined at one of the hotel outlets you can enter. That's how we got around the membership thing

Roadhouse - is that on corner of Rama 4 and surawong?

Sathorn used to have Hu'u cocktail bar. I suppose it's gone? Anyone knows....?

There also used to be a nice looking restaurant near surasak station - set in a house with garden type of relaxed feel to it.

Gosh I miss Bkk from 3 years ago. Or perhaps I've just lost touch with the nice new places?

Happy to get clued in by the more active locals :)

Sorry op hope I'm not hijacking the thread too much....

Cheers

As most of the people that use this forum are either clueless or do not live in Thailand, then you are sure to receive responses like those above. Yes, places like <snip> are for blokes looking for freelancers that are a small step up from pick up joints like <snip> or <snip>. However, there are Thai women that are educated, happily employed that are quite happy to go for a drink and a meal where expats hang out.

Please do tell .. at what pool bar are these happily employed & educated young Thai women, that are looking to hang out with 40+ year old farangs, frequenting?

That was pretty much the original question.

Read the orignal post again and read my post again. Pretty self explanatory.