Extension On Marriage

Hi

Going for my first extension In a few weeks can you just print several pictures onto normal a4 paper or do they want proper separate developed pics on glossy paper.

With the map can you just print off google and highlight the route

Many thanks

A friend of mine was asked to hand draw the map to his house in the immigration office, he showed it to the officer and he laughed and was told it wasn't good enough, the officer showed the map to his colleague at the next desk and she burst out laughing too.

mad.gif

The Immigration recce team are coming to his house next week and are charging him 3000 baht expenses - Phitsanulok to Phetchabun day out.

Overall he had a bad day, his bank letter did not have a dated SCB stamp on it! and some problems with his marriage certificate so his application was turned down.

Returned next day with a decent map drawn by his daughter plus the extra docs and all ok.

Despite this being his seven marriage extension the Immigration officer told his wife that they have to check that the foreigner is married and living together- the emphasis being on the living together!.

Hence the forthcoming visit.

I had to handdraw the map to my house last year, the officer wrote place names in Thai for me. My map was better and more detailed than the one he had :P

the marriage registration is also required from your amphur now, don't forget that.

I had to handdraw the map to my house last year, the officer wrote place names in Thai for me. My map was better and more detailed than the one he had :P

the marriage registration is also required from your amphur now, don't forget that.

Just finished my one year extension this very morning at CM-imm office . Was all done in 20 minutes , no additional papers asked , no mentioning of

homevisit as many reports suggest , and also no marriage registration from Ampuh required .

All I know is that the provincial offices ask for slightly different requirements and paperwork , don't know if other applicants who extend at Chiangmai

perhaps are told of a homevisit , but sure the Ampuh thing is not needed here .

Hope it helps some other poster who might be in desperate thoughts regarding any changes , there are none , any picture of the family is accepted btw .

cheers .

A friend of mine was asked to hand draw the map to his house in the immigration office, he showed it to the officer and he laughed and was told it wasn't good enough, the officer showed the map to his colleague at the next desk and she burst out laughing too.

mad.gif

The Immigration recce team are coming to his house next week and are charging him 3000 baht expenses - Phitsanulok to Phetchabun day out.

Overall he had a bad day, his bank letter did not have a dated SCB stamp on it! and some problems with his marriage certificate so his application was turned down.

Returned next day with a decent map drawn by his daughter plus the extra docs and all ok.

Despite this being his seven marriage extension the Immigration officer told his wife that they have to check that the foreigner is married and living together- the emphasis being on the living together!.

The visit might have more the do with the 3,000 baht charge, which is anything but official and no receipt will be issued.

Just finished my one year extension this very morning at CM-imm office . Was all done in 20 minutes , no additional papers asked , no mentioning of

homevisit as many reports suggest , and also no marriage registration from Ampuh required .

All I know is that the provincial offices ask for slightly different requirements and paperwork , don't know if other applicants who extend at Chiangmai

Hope it helps some other poster who might be in desperate thoughts regarding any changes , there are none , any picture of the family is accepted btw .

cheers .

hi

Just curious was this your first ever extension mine is going to be first and I am going to pop into immigration beforehand to see if they want us to bring any witnesses hence save the home visit

cheers .

Good point, every Immigration office has different requirements, can vary from officer to officer too. And if your guy is having a bad day, day to day as well.

Always best to go in ahead of time and check to see what they want when applying the first time round. (but marriage register doc was new for me last year)

Latest word is that the map must be hand drawn and directions in Thai, Googlemap not accepted.

Latest word from who? How ridiculous is that? A map is a map. Will a hand traced map off of a Google map count perhaps? As a professional map maker I find the whole thing absurd?

Count it as absurd as you want, but some offices do require a hand drawn map. So perhaps its better to contribute information regarding this particular issue rather than a generalized opinion that isn't particularly helpful.

I only had a google map, no problems. (Koh Samui)

Koh Samui immigrations also requires a updated Kor Ror 2 from the Amphur.

Pictures printed on A4, no problem.

Edited by PoorSucker

cheers .

hi

Just curious was this your first ever extension mine is going to be first and I am going to pop into immigration beforehand to see if they want us to bring any witnesses hence save the home visit

On this Non immigrant visa it was my fourth extension .

Have had another 2 extensions a couple of years before that too , never had a home visit , never mentioned it or never gave the intention they wanted to , they do visit some applicants .

Guess it has a lot to do with me having a Thai family ( kids ) and always receiving compliments that my Thai language tongue is so good ( not really but it helps ).

Anyway my personal observation is at the office and years of observing Thai forums , that it is very likely the officer decides at the desk , feels in , and if any doubt or anything is not genuine , a homevisit

is more likely , as I said thats my observation .

Also to take a witness with you is foolish , everything whats not a requirement you should not do unless asked , believe me you will get an awkward face if you decide to do so , don't listen to a friend who might be a long stayer in Thailand , I've seen rediculous things and gifts etc , my advise would be , make sure you have all the paper work and signed , and you will be out in no time . Just relax and don't ask to many questions , dress properly .

success .

Edited by tijnebijn

Glad I don't do any of that nonsense.

A short holiday to Vientiane/Phnom Penh.

90 day single entry.

Extend for 60 days based on visiting wife.

Repeat. Makes a great break away every 5 months.

Well I have been doing visa runs for 4 years soon starts getting on your nerves once all this is sorted no more visa runs no more having to leave country every year just send form to immigration every 3 months now that's a hassle free way to stay in Thailand and probably more cost effective plus I can go for breaks when ever and where ever I want without it revolving round getting a visa

When they do the homevist they speak to the Neighbours.That gave my friend a problem, they told the Truth.He is allways Drunk and they argue most days.Not that they care anyway.Its just to make sure hes trapped, and not enjoying a Bachelor Lifestyle.Once the Money has run out for those types,the Wife just puts his Bags on the Step.and wont guarantee him.Nice house next to Mom,and no Drunk Ferang.:lol:

Pictures of family and house should be ok to print on A4 sheet. Latest word is that the map must be hand drawn and directions in Thai, Googlemap not accepted.

If Google Map is accessed from Thailand, the map will be bi-lingual...English and Thai...I'm sure it would be acceptable as certainly more accurate and readable than any hand-drawn map...only not required probably because they have yet to hear about this free service (even though it's been around for years now).

What map?? What witness?? Its never been indicated at Chaeng Wattana or Suan Phlu(both Bangkok) that either was required. Like tijnebijn I try and answer as much as I can in Thai, dress respectably and show respect(as I'm sure most do)

Bangkok has marked streets and Google Maps so they can find your address without a hand drawn map. Upcountry it is often not the same story so a parcel delivery type map is asked.

The witness is sometimes asked by local offices upcountry to get around the requirement they confirm your marriage status - they may be able to avoid a visit to interview you or neighbors that way.

mad.gif

The visit might have more the do with the 3,000 baht charge, which is anything but official and no receipt will be issued.

Its not immergration who come to the house its local police...You did have a bad day!

mad.gif

Its not immergration who come to the house its local police...You did have a bad day!

THe poster states that it is immigration:

It is not uncommen that they ask the local police to investigate, but sometimes immigration does it themselve. Here they seem to be doing it in order to charge 3,000 baht.

Some Men never go to the House, its a Marriage of Convenience cause they don't have much money, they stay in a Fun Place in a cheapo Hotel, that's one reason they visit Newbies up country.Then the Genuine pay because of them..That's why they ask the Neighbours, and the nearest Mom n Pop.:jap:

Regarding the photos, does Immigration Dept keep them for their files, or do they simply review them on the spot and then and give them back?

I'm preparing for my first non-immi O marriage extension at Chaeng Wattana next week, and some of my photos pre-date the digital camera era, having been married > 10 years, so I'd prefer not to have to give them away. I'm okay with Immigration retaining the recent photos taken in and outside our home (i.e., the pic showing the house number etc.).