Non 'O' From Kl (Multiple)

Hello all

I am due for a new 'O' in September and as I am married and have house book etc I would like to renew in KL. Anybody out there who has recent experience of obtaining same from KL and could give me any tips that would be useful?

Any help appreciated.

Take with you:

- marriage certificate

- copy of wife's ID and household registration

- small note from the misses asking for a visa for you

- proof of having 100,000 baht in an account in your name (doesn't have to be in Thailand)

Should be a piece of cake.

Thanks lads. Something else I don't understand is about is 'Annual extension of stay' on a multiple 'O' . Does this mean that it's possible that you would never need to get a new 'O' ever again under current rules, or does it have a time limit?

You would never need another visa. You would have to appear each year for new one year stay costing 1,900 baht in fee and pay for re-entry permit if traveling outside Thailand. 90 day address reports would be required but that can be done by mail at most locations. Requirement is 40k per month income or 400k in your name two months in a bank account in Thailand.

You would never need another visa. You would have to appear each year for new one year stay costing 1,900 baht in fee and pay for re-entry permit if traveling outside Thailand. 90 day address reports would be required but that can be done by mail at most locations. Requirement is 40k per month income or 400k in your name two months in a bank account in Thailand.

Thank Lopburi3. So that means the requirements are the same as a marriage visa, or are they one and the same thing?

There is no such thing as a marriage visa. There is the one year extension of stay "Thai Wife" as I indicated above. It is not a visa. The non immigrant O visa you asked about is what is issued for those married (and other "other" reasons) and only allows a stay of 90 days. The extension of stay is obtained during the last 30 days of any such entry. You and wife both have to appear at Immigration with her ID/Home register and copies of many items/photos together/marriage certificate/financials and such (many posts outline exact requirements of various offices) and 30 days later you return to get the one year permitted to stay stamp.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa. There is the one year extension of stay "Thai Wife" as I indicated above. It is not a visa. The non immigrant O visa you asked about is what is issued for those married (and other "other" reasons) and only allows a stay of 90 days. The extension of stay is obtained during the last 30 days of any such entry. You and wife both have to appear at Immigration with her ID/Home register and copies of many items/photos together/marriage certificate/financials and such (many posts outline exact requirements of various offices) and 30 days later you return to get the one year permitted to stay stamp.

Ok; all understood. Thanks again for all help recieved.

Can anyone confirm that a printout of a web page from an online bank is acceptable to the embassy in KL?

TIA

Hi Minotaur

I did my Non O visa at KL on the 12th of July and they wanted a copy of my bank book, outside covers and all internal pages. Then they asked to see the bank book in reality. I am not sure if a web page print out would suffice though? They are getting quite strict in KL. Good luck down there.

Can the same thing be done in Singapore ?

Take with you:

- marriage certificate

- copy of wife's ID and household registration

- small note from the misses asking for a visa for you

- proof of having 100,000 baht in an account in your name (doesn't have to be in Thailand)

Should be a piece of cake.

Only KL has a set standard of 100k that I am aware. Other places may be less or more or never or sometimes or luck of the draw. Singapore, for non residents of Singapore, has not been a good choice from most recent reports.