Police Business Partners

andymach123

Hello peoples, wondering about the prospect of a business partnership, in a karaoke bar, with a police officer. Goods and bads...i can think of a few on either side. Any thoughts, or more to the point....any experiences?? Friends of friends, or your own.

metta,

andy

Well 'andymach123' I may not have a crystal ball ……. (Only hairy, sorry)

But I can say without a shadow of a hesitation, if you go into partnership with a Thai copper, you'll get 'shafted' whether the business is a go or not………Is this a 'bite' or troll? Sorry have to ask.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

ha,yesss, thanks Tonto and Walkingman, yeah.....just thought i would run it by you. It feels just like a "killer opportunity" i walked away from when i was a young fella...with the Banditos MC :ph34r:

Hmm..ok so i just wikied TROLL..hmm, nope not Trolling. I have resembled aTroLL ( briefly) and yes, I do STROLL, well its more of a Swagger, Ok no mostly its a Stagger. And i'm assuming Bite is something similar to Troll. :blink: Yeah, i'm a loser

metta

andy

Well 'andymach123' I may not have a crystal ball ……. (Only hairy, sorry)

But I can say without a shadow of a hesitation, if you go into partnership with a Thai copper, you'll get 'shafted' whether the business is a go or not………Is this a 'bite' or troll? Sorry have to ask.

"wondering about the prospect of a business partnership, in a karaoke bar, with a police officer."

Haha.

I have a better suggestion: take whatever money you are thinking of investing, put it in a pile on the floor and burn it. You will save yourself quite a lot of hassle and may even get a warm hotdog out of it.

It could be as rewarding as playing Russian roulette with a semi auto hand gun. But then again, the copper (Thai no less) may be a pillar of the community, with an inheritance, he would like for you to manage for him via the karaoke scene.

A better investment of your time/effort could be as a finance consultant/accountant for a well known former Thai PM.

Whatever you decide, please check back in a couple of years, we may want to follow in your adventurous footsteps.

Ah, the innocence of a Newbie.

I have met so many people who partnered with a Policeman expecting him to make permits easier, clear roadblocks, sort "problems", allow you longer trading hours or even open on days when you shouldn't. He may even offer his family as nominees on the documents to make it easier for you to set up. Bless him.

The reality is much, much different. None of those businesses ever worked out. Not one. Some ended very badly. Remember, if a police can get you out of trouble, he can put a world of hurt on you if he wants to.

It's all about money and even if you are not profitable, he will show up regularly to get his profit share.

As much as it sounds a good idea to have a "connected" person as a partner, in reality it is a bad idea. In fact the less you have to do with Thai Police, the better. Period.