30 Day "under Consideration" Stamp !

OK, im currently under a 30 day "under consideration" stamp for my 1 year extension and need to leave Thailand for a few days, do I need a re entry permit ?

My 12 month B visa does not expire until Dec however, since I got my "under consideration" stamp im led to believe that my B visa is no longer valid, nor is the last stamp I got when I re-entered (even though it runs out after my "under consideration" stamp).

Can anyone help me on this ?

Cheers

Absolutely correct, you do need a re-entry permit that will be valid till the date shown in your 'under consideration'-stamp.

Theoretically, you can get a multiple-re-entry, which economically does not make sense, unless you plan to re-enter at least 4 times during the 30-days-period.

Next time you get another 'under consideration'-stamp or the extension, previous re-entry permit(s) become void.

Absolutely correct, you do need a re-entry permit that will be valid till the date shown in your 'under consideration'-stamp.

Theoretically, you can get a multiple-re-entry, which economically does not make sense, unless you plan to re-enter at least 4 times during the 30-days-period.

Next time you get another 'under consideration'-stamp or the extension, previous re-entry permit(s) become void.

Thanks guys, so where do I get one ? Local immigration office or when im leaving Don Muang ? (im sure I recall hearing that I can).

Cheers

If you do at airport be sure you have photo and arrive early for check in as it must be done after you have boarding pass but before you enter immigration. There is a desk in Terminal 1.

I would do at immigration office if you have time and not have to worry about it. All you want is a single entry and cost is 1,000 baht.

If you do at airport be sure you have photo and arrive early for check in as it must be done after you have boarding pass but before you enter immigration.  There is a desk in Terminal 1.

I would do at immigration office if you have time and not have to worry about it.  All you want is a single entry and cost is 1,000 baht.

No probs, I have a 3 hour wait at Don M airport so should be enough time to do, no time to go the immigration office. Thanks for giving me a reminder about the photo Lop, I wouldnt have thought of that !

Is it a pasport photo or the one the immigration always ask for ? The one that is a little bit bigger than a passport size but smaller than a WP photo.

Im being very specific here as I want to get it right ! :o

Can I get it in Phuket on my way to Bkk or do I need to show an outward boarding card showing im leaving on an international flight ?

Believe it is the normal 4x6cm no smile photo as for most immigration forms. Also you probably need two at airport (but I have never done there).

Have no idea about Phuket but you need the boarding card to obtain at Don Muang.

Edited by lopburi3

Lopburi3 and toxin (or is it taxin???) , I got a re-entry permit last week at DM with one photo. I brought copies of pages in passport, of no use, just the real stuff and boarding pass. Don' forget to glue the photo onto the form, the man behind the glass was pissed unfriendly :o

Edited by jef