Huay Kaew Residence - Anyone There?

pete66

Thinking of moving into the huay keaw residence for a few months, and looking for advice for anyone staying there / stayed there recently. Good / bad points. I'm mainly interested in it because I like the location, close to Central, and the rest of Huay Kaew.

If you have suggestions for other places, no problem, but please keep them to Huay Kaew area.

cheers,

Notoriously reluctant to return tenants' deposits - search TV and review many cautionary stories....

I agree. I would give it a pass. Do a search and you will see how many people have had problems getting their deposits back; including myself.

I stayed there about 9 months. The walls are paper thin and it is difficult to sleep. You can hear people talking, opening and closing doors at all hours of the night, Thai kids having arguments and people having sex. The Internet connection has to be the worst in Chiang Mai.

Notoriously reluctant to return tenants' deposits - search TV and review many cautionary stories....

God I went through enough experiences like that in BKK, no matter what you did you just couldn't get the deposit back. Is it really that bad? If so, I'll just scrub the place and look for somewhere else along the rd. Other comments welcome.

I agree. I would give it a pass. Do a search and you will see how many people have had problems getting their deposits back; including myself.

I stayed there about 9 months. The walls are paper thin and it is difficult to sleep. You can hear people talking, opening and closing doors at all hours of the night, Thai kids having arguments and people having sex. The Internet connection has to be the worst in Chiang Mai.

Sounds like the Nasa Vegas in BKK, lol. Spent 6 months living next to a girl where it seemed her "pimp" turned up at 6 am most mornings, and they ended up loving / fighting for hours when I was trying to sleep. Definitely best avoided if you want to stay sane. Looking for something quieter for sure.

God I went through enough experiences like that in BKK, no matter what you did you just couldn't get the deposit back. Is it really that bad? If so, I'll just scrub the place and look for somewhere else along the rd. Other comments welcome.

Try across the way at The Dome.

When i went there i remember that if you gave notice to leave it had to be before a certain date in the month it was a bit confusing and would have been easy to lose a months rent if not following the small print procedure and i could see how it would be easy to lose a deposit. But i never had problems or lost my deposit.

There are a couple of large apartment buildings down the street from huay kaew residence, thai tenants and probably cheaper. HKR is good for convenience, but the walls are thin and when people open and close doors its very loud.

I've never had any problems getting my deposit back though because i follow the rules and scare them by taking a picture of the room in front of them when doing the pre move in inspection.

A couple of buidings down on Huay Kaew Road theres a place called Hauy Kaew Place. Cheaper than Residence but not as modern.

Nice clean rooms with Aircon and fridge, T.V optional. Internet was very fast that ran of a cable.

There a nice clean restaurant, laundry facility, and 7-11 downstairs.

I stayed here for 7 months hassle free! alot of students but not noisy...

jdinasia.

re .. Try across the way at The Dome.

this may have changed now ? but the way i read this rental contract they wanted three months rent in advance

i month ok ....but three ... nahhh .. dave 2 left

dave2

post-42592-0-82215400-1312678774_thumb.j

post-42592-0-44470300-1312678796_thumb.j

The OP has received some excellent advice. I know people who return to The Dome and Huey Kaew Place year after year. They love the staff and the convenience of both places. CM Lodge and CM Residence are newer but developing an equally loyal group of clients. Some of my friends who live in NakornPingCondo have had their overseas guests stay in these two places because they're next door to NKP. They said the guests were very happy. I've never known anyone to stay at Huey Kaew Residence who has a kind word to say about it. Their guests seem to be students in CM for a few months or newbies who don't know about other options.

Another place that's getting rave reviews and returning customers is The Smith Residence, just outside the old city on the south side. Not exactly the same neighborhood as the ones mentioned above, but still very convenient. The place is beautiful has a few more amenities than the ones mentioned above.

My stay at Huay Kaew Residence painfully reminded me of how lost and wretched human beings can become. The staff attitude was really that bad. Stay away!

The Thai people (and especially the Northern Thai people) have to be the warmest hosts and are incredibly forgiving and tolerant of Westerners and their poor/bad manners visiting and/or ex-pats living in their country. But the management and staff at Huay Kaew Residence are as cold as ice! I've not run into anything else like that in Thailand, ever.

only good things to say from huay kaew residence. excellent value for money.

i broke leg from one chair and when i asked how much it is, they say 900thb, but then the guy saw the chair and said "oh, it's only the leg, easy to fix" and asked for 200 or 300thb.

no problems getting the deposit back.

dpwnside is that the pool is not free for residents and if i remember corrrectly it was expensive. 500thb/month or something like that.

"

I stayed there for 3 months when I first arrived and it was a bit too cheerless for me. But I had no problems getting my deposit back and did not find the staff unfriendly. Although I did hear rumors that the owner of the building made life difficult for staff so perhaps that is the problem.

I've stayed at both the Dome and Huay Kaew and I'll give a thumbs-up for the Dome Residence. The 2 months deposit is accurate, but they won't hold back your deposit when you move out. Whether you pay at the beginning or as you go, it still is the same amount of money. The important thing is getting everything back when you move out.

I've also stayed at about 5 other places since moving to Chiang Mai. They all have their pluses and minuses (mostly minuses), but the Dome is the only place I've stayed for over a year.