Restaurant M&M Mario & Megges

osmar

Funny......I always got the feeling that they thought they were doing you a favour by letting you dine there.

More so at their old location.

Whats funny is this always comes up regarding this restaurant.

True story - a few months back my friend points out to Maggie that on the menu the pictures do not correlate with the dishes. She agreed but then also labeled him a "crappy customer". We all laughed pretty hard.

I guess if you don't know them you won't get it. Not easy to run a bustling restaurant in Phuket. We like the people and the place and will continue to go.

Funny......I always got the feeling that they thought they were doing you a favour by letting you dine there.

More so at their old location.

Whats funny is this always comes up regarding this restaurant.

True story - a few months back my friend points out to Maggie that on the menu the pictures do not correlate with the dishes. She agreed but then also labeled him a "crappy customer". We all laughed pretty hard.

I guess if you don't know them you won't get it. Not easy to run a bustling restaurant in Phuket. We like the people and the place and will continue to go.

They used to have the monopoly on good pizza in the Rawai area.

Not anymore.......thank God!

Screw their attitude, I'd rather go to a place where the pizza is just as good, but, my custom is appreciated.

Recently I went to Laguna Plaza and ate some pizza at the small shop located right outside of their parking lot. It was actually not bad at all. I think I paid 150 baht for a large 1 topping. Of course it was nothing fancy and the place didn’t have too many choices on the menu, but for the price it did me right and tasted good. Crust, sauce ,and toppings were all up to par. I don’t mind paying extra for a nice ambience and good service, but actually when I crave pizza I really don’t care about anything but the pizza. If I order from M&M's it's take out. Place is overrated and overpriced. Nothing really stands out at that place except the owners. .

A tad off topic but it has to be said:

I've tried the pizzas at Nikita's, M&M's, Amalfi, Ellis (now closed) and without a doubt, the best pizzas in Rawai are from Modena on Sai Yuan Rd. Check it out.

Everytime I have driven past Modena in the evening it is empty. There seems to be one poster who always recommends Modena, is that you?

I once stepped into Modena's early evening a few months ago for some pasta (loathe pizza, all that dough) and asked for a glass of wine to accompany it. The strange looking owner insisted I buy a bottle, cheapest at 900 +. When I protested I was dining alone, he suggested I have a beer with it instead. Beer, with pasta! I left and never returned. I was the only customer too.

I once stepped into Modena's early evening a few months ago for some pasta (loathe pizza, all that dough) and asked for a glass of wine to accompany it. The strange looking owner insisted I buy a bottle, cheapest at 900 +. When I protested I was dining alone, he suggested I have a beer with it instead. Beer, with pasta! I left and never returned. I was the only customer too.

Well when you go to a place that says PIZZA on the sign out front and you order pasta...

Well when you go to a place that says PIZZA on the sign out front and you order pasta...

went to Modena yesterday, 270tbh for a Calzone, bread good but to small pizza for 270tbh..

went to Modena yesterday, 270tbh for a Calzone, bread good but to small pizza for 270tbh..

I have never tried their Calzone, and for some reason most places seem to charge more for them... I used to go over to Campinina's in Kata. It was about the same size pizza as Modena, but skimpy on the cheese and topping. Plus their service sucked. I never seemed to get a good pizza at M&M's, for some reason mine always was burnt. I've also eaten the little place down at the beach in Nai Harn, next door to the 4 Seasons and it's pretty good, but really a pretty small pizza for more than the other places. It's nice in low season to sit outside though. Mario's up in Patong was good many years ago, but I haven't eaten there in a long time.

yea i spotted that too jimi ...but the ellis is crossed out maybe someone else taken over .. good food but budget ambience ...i like Modenas mainly because it opens early ,sometimes midday , the pizzas are good and the fresh pasta i had with Ragu was also good ... been back for takeaway many times ...M&M good but getting pricey and very busy high season ...

I noticed there were signs up for Ellis Pizza and Pasta again. My wife said she saw him, so I guess he's back...

The place advertises 'PIZZA' as you put it, but is clearly an Italian outfitted RESTAURANT. Have you ever been to an Italian RESTAURANT advertising 'pizza', presumably for the overweight pissheads on their way back from some bar or other, and NOT found it to have a menu which includes PASTA. To make it clear, a RESTAURANT, NOT a takeaway, many of which still include NON-PIZZA items on their menus.

Your point?

The place advertises 'PIZZA' as you put it, but is clearly an Italian outfitted RESTAURANT. Have you ever been to an Italian RESTAURANT advertising 'pizza', presumably for the overweight pissheads on their way back from some bar or other, and NOT found it to have a menu which includes PASTA. To make it clear, a RESTAURANT, NOT a takeaway, many of which still include NON-PIZZA items on their menus.

Your point?

Normally I gorge on everything when I end up in an italian restaurant, red and white wine...pasta, pizza's and beer, champagne and deserts. Just got back from Capanina, and it was awesome!

Your point?

I already made my point and I'm sure they will miss you.

I noticed there were signs up for Ellis Pizza and Pasta again. My wife said she saw him, so I guess he's back...

That would be nice if they are back. They did make some nice pizza. . Not to mention the price was really good as well. Last time I was there was almost a year ago, maybe more. . They mentioned they were leaving for 3 months but as you probably know, it's been almost 1 yr since they have been open. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know it been a very long time

yea i spotted that too jimi ...but the ellis is crossed out maybe someone else taken over .. good food but budget ambience ...i like Modenas mainly because it opens early ,sometimes midday , the pizzas are good and the fresh pasta i had with Ragu was also good ... been back for takeaway many times ...M&M good but getting pricey and very busy high season ...

Ellis has just reopened in the same place with the same owners. I was chatting with someone yesterday who went there a couple of nights ago.

Ellis has just reopened in the same place with the same owners. I was chatting with someone yesterday who went there a couple of nights ago.

we where there last night, as the only customers

well what can I say

a town house in a residential area, Isarn neighbors playing loud music and the men sitting on the road drinking Lao Kao

icecold fluorocent lights under the asbest roof making it look like the typical Italian low end pizzerias, which I like on occasions in Italy due to its very inexpensive food

but then, pizza prices exactly like M&M and far from the quality on the 2 pizzas we had

they did not make it on my Phuket 5 best pizza list B)