Skytrain Extension Starts Running From Today, August 12

webfact

For those that may be interested, there is a full summary of all current and planned lines at the following thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/406991-the-new-skytrain/page__pid__4517023__st__50#entry4517023 .

It is updated as and when major developments take place. You can also view the current planned network map near the start of the thread.

Anyone down Samut Prakhan way should be happy to know that the ext from Soi Bearing to Samut Prakhan (Paknam) has been contracted by the MRTA (as outside BMA jurisdiction) and should be signed nect month with work to scheduled commence in Oct is all goes well. (usually it doesn't!).

Question?

Does anyone know of any place withing walking distance or Bearing station with either free parking or parking under 50 baht.

I used to park at Tesco On Nut when I rode the train and got 3 free hours plus each additional hour for 50 baht.

BTW: I do not consider Imperial World a decent option to park because it is a pretty nasty walk.

Thanks

In the 1960"s I used to travel from Uxbridge to Piccadilly on the tube for 2/9d today you would need a mortgage.

I have a Freedom Pass so from my local Station at Oakwood to Ettihads Business Lounge at Heathrow T4 (next jolli)...its Free..... :)

Wifes got an Oyster card which makes the journey about £3 quid.

The Heathrow Express from Paddi to Heathrow however is "peng mak" in comparison to the New Airport link...about the same lenghth/time but @ £17 ...to Bt 150.

Gatwick and Stansteds "Cho Choo - cattle Trucks" are also a big rip off....about the same price as a cheap flight to Spain. :(

Anyway its good news about the Sky train Exten to Bearing. :o ...

now just need it a little bit further passed the Theparak,"Chang Yai" and then maybe turn into our little road at Paknam....by the old prison...

Lines tendered and contact to be signed

6) BTS Bearing to Paknam ext (awarded, contract to be signed, work expected to start Oct 11)

Good one.... :D

The Heathrow Express from Paddi to Heathrow however is "peng mak" in comparison to the New Airport link...about the same lenghth/time but @ £17 ...to Bt 150.

The two lines use the same train built by Siemens too. And the Thai one is only 90 baht now, 150 baht round trip