Samsung Galaxy Note

lomatopo

Very tempted by that, love the stylus. But I still think a 7" screen is the way to go.

Ya, got a 7" Tab and love it. Perfect for internet browsing but compact enough to feel very light and portable. Would love a stylus feature with it, but only works with human touch.

You can actually get a stylus now, they have been released as accessories with the 10.1, but they (supposedly) work on the other tabs too. Check the Samsung webpage, I think they are about $20.

I just did a little more research and shopping around. There are two types of touch-screens: resistive and capacitive. Excellent short article here. iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy products use the capacitive technology.

I went to an Apple store a couple days ago, and they have 3 or 4 stylus models to use with capacitive screens. The salesperson was clueless as to capacitive vs. resistive. So, I tried out two of the higher-priced styluses (500-600 Baht, 3rd party accessories), on my Galaxy but didn't like them. They skipped a great deal at normal writing speed. Also, their tips were about the size of the end of your little finger. I'm looking for a true stylus--with more pen-sized dimensions on the writing end of it. Seems like we're really not there yet with true stylus functionality for capacitive touch-screens. I'm sure they'll come in time.

Edited by Fookhaht

Very tempted by that, love the stylus. But I still think a 7" screen is the way to go.

Ya, got a 7" Tab and love it. Perfect for internet browsing but compact enough to feel very light and portable. Would love a stylus feature with it, but only works with human touch.

You can actually get a stylus now, they have been released as accessories with the 10.1, but they (supposedly) work on the other tabs too. Check the Samsung webpage, I think they are about $20.

I just did a little more research and shopping around. There are two types of touch-screens: resistive and capacitive. Excellent short article here. iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy products use the capacitive technology.

I went to an Apple store a couple days ago, and they have 3 or 4 stylus models to use with capacitive screens. The salesperson was clueless as to capacitive vs. resistive. So, I tried out two of the higher-priced styluses (500-600 Baht, 3rd party accessories), on my Galaxy but didn't like them. They skipped a great deal at normal writing speed. Also, their tips were about the size of the end of your little finger. I'm looking for a true stylus--with more pen-sized dimensions on the writing end of it. Seems like we're really not there yet with true stylus functionality for capacitive touch-screens. I'm sure they'll come in time.

Yeah I bought one, but feel a bit irritated and having such a blunt point on it. The whole idea of a stylus is precision and control. It's a bit more accurate than the fingers, but nothing like the old PDA stylus.