• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Condos Part 2

deejah

the research continues

from all i can tell presently

i am not interested in nerun

though it does offer value and not bad location

as the construction allover continues

can we expect the prices to drop?

from those in the know:

which completed projects offer the most value for the cost?

cost per sq meter vary greatly

your constructive thoughts?

thanks

Prices will drop if/when vendors really need to sell.

Part of the reason that prices stay high here is that many vendors dont really need/want to sell.

Nirun is one of the cheapest places around. If you dont like building then I wonder exactly what you are looking for, and what sort of price do you want to pay, and what do you want to get for it?

Jomtien Beach Condominium can be good value ,if you dont need a sea view .The sea view units go for a lot more money .The Condominium is well managed and has 2 large pools and 2 gyms and many shops restaurants etc .One draw back though is that the balconies are small .

If you want a good balcony try Majestic near by at lower prices but more seedy looking over all.

Jomtien Beach Condominium can be good value ,if you dont need a sea view .The sea view units go for a lot more money .The Condominium is well managed and has 2 large pools and 2 gyms and many shops restaurants etc .One draw back though is that the balconies are small .

If you want a good balcony try Majestic near by at lower prices but more seedy looking over all.

No recommendation for Park Lane now you've sold your place there?

But joking aside I'd say Park Lane does represent good value for money, and the new place they are building next to it.

Certainly much better value than Nirun condo as they are new units.

All depends on the OPs budget though.

>>No recommendation for Park Lane now you've sold your place there?<<

I took it the OP was looking for very cheap .I sold my basic unit in Park Lane for B1,370,000.

Park lane units have a desperate bedroom ,and are well worth the price though .

I would have paid twice this amount for this,pity I only found it had been sold last week

I would have paid twice this amount for this,pity I only found it had been sold last week

You missed out on that one, but there are others available in the same building for much less than twice that price.

Why dont you look at a few websites?

Actually I've seen lots of desperate bedrooms here in my days of condo-hunting.

I've also seen many despondent bathrooms, and a fair few inconsolable kitchens.

I also thought that you meant desperate, as in desperately small !

I rent a 55 m2 1 bedroom unit in Central Pattaya and after living in Pattaya for about 1.5 years I am tempted to buy a place in the next year. To keep and to live in occasionally, rather than to rent out or sell-on as an inventment.

Some of the recent horror stories have stopped me thinking about buying off-plan condo's.

But the Sunset Boulevard condo's look OK. I plan to have a look at those when in town next week. Not sure of the prices though, perhaps 2 - 2.5 million for a one-bedroom ?

Simon

>>I also thought that you meant desperate, as in desperately small !<<

Not that bad ,and great for the price .Room enough for a 5 ft wide bed and a full sized clothes wardrobe and side tables at each side of the bed .If you have more money to spend 2M plus your options are far greater though .I think SB was built also by Iguna who are reliable .

>>Plenty of new developments at under 1 mil...<<

Yes ,but look carefully .Usually tiny one room places of 25 sqm or under ,and you pay extra on top for foreign name . :whistling:

And your old place was what...a massive 32sqm...???...:D

Get your facts right it was 36 sqm ,almost half the size again of the 25 sqm units now touted as under 1M . :jap:.ie ,big enough to get a reasonable sized separate bedroom .

Yes ,but look carefully .Usually tiny one room places of 25 sqm or under ,and you pay extra on top for foreign name . :whistling:

Get your facts right it was 36 sqm ,almost half the size again of the 25 sqm units now touted as under 1M . :jap:.ie ,big enough to get a reasonable sized separate bedroom .

Hence the ???...

What, my master bed room in my house is 28 sqm excluding the dressing room and toilet, so what size do you reckon reasonable sized is?

Edited by guzzi850m2

>>What, my master bed room in my house is 28 sqm excluding the dressing room and toilet, so what size do you reckon reasonable sized is? <<

My master bedroom in Chiang Mai is 30 sqm ,so i bet you on that ha ,ha .Reasonable is enough to accommodate a 5 ft wide bed plus bed side tables plus full sized wardrobe as i described in Park lane before .

>>What, my master bed room in my house is 28 sqm excluding the dressing room and toilet, so what size do you reckon reasonable sized is? <<

My master bedroom in Chiang Mai is 30 sqm ,so i bet you on that ha ,ha .Reasonable is enough to accommodate a 5 ft wide bed plus bed side tables plus full sized wardrobe as i described in Park lane before .

Shit Thaifan you just ruined my day, I will now have to brake the wall to the dressing room down and move it, so I have 32 sqm, LOL :D

found this swanky article on one of the pattaya condo threads

pretty impressive spread

sorry folks pdf is 5 meg

it is called Pattaya City Condominium Market Report by Colliers International

Edited by deejah

I have seen countless condos in Pattaya, Malaysia, Singapore, the US, the UK and Canada. And I have to say that Pattaya condos are by far the worst constructed of any of them and the buyer is less protected here than anywhere else. Pattaya property, on average, should cost a fraction of even the cheapest of these other countries.

In Pattaya the quality is almost funny its so bad, walls are so thin you could kick through them, the plumbing is terrible (noticed the toilety smell in so many condos here?), window units are flimsy and rickety and often dont slide properly, cabinets and other fittings are cheap, nasty and flimsy, electrics are both dangerous and stupidly laid out.

I've been constantly dissappointed with the crap I keep seeing here. Its just depressing. And thats just the building itself. Outside is often horrible too, karaoke bars and traffic noise frequently eradicate any chance of a peaceful existance even of the quality was high. Yes, if you buy at the most expensive units built by international companies then you may get something bordering on acceptable, but its still bad by comparison to the other countries. And then you pay an absursd price, almost as much as the most expensive places like Singapore.

Sorry, there is no value at all in Pattaya. Property is making fools of the buyers here and making the sellers rich. There are a number of vastly wealthy foreign and Thai property developers in Pattaya, many of them having set up in property here with little or no experience. There are hoardes of foreign property agents too, each taking a big slice of the pie for themselves. My conclusion after seeing as much as I could stomach is it just isn't a good idea to buy in this market. It may look okay when brand new but it will be a purchase you will come to regret unless you manage to find some idiot to take it off your hands at a small profit. There are lots of idiots in Pattaya I suppose.

I have seen countless condos in Pattaya, Malaysia, Singapore, the US, the UK and Canada. And I have to say that Pattaya condos are by far the worst constructed of any of them and the buyer is less protected here than anywhere else. Pattaya property, on average, should cost a fraction of even the cheapest of these other countries.

In Pattaya the quality is almost funny its so bad, walls are so thin you could kick through them, the plumbing is terrible (noticed the toilety smell in so many condos here?), window units are flimsy and rickety and often dont slide properly, cabinets and other fittings are cheap, nasty and flimsy, electrics are both dangerous and stupidly laid out.

I've been constantly dissappointed with the crap I keep seeing here. Its just depressing. And thats just the building itself. Outside is often horrible too, karaoke bars and traffic noise frequently eradicate any chance of a peaceful existance even of the quality was high. Yes, if you buy at the most expensive units built by international companies then you may get something bordering on acceptable, but its still bad by comparison to the other countries. And then you pay an absursd price, almost as much as the most expensive places like Singapore.

Sorry, there is no value at all in Pattaya. Property is making fools of the buyers here and making the sellers rich. There are a number of vastly wealthy foreign and Thai property developers in Pattaya, many of them having set up in property here with little or no experience. There are hoardes of foreign property agents too, each taking a big slice of the pie for themselves. My conclusion after seeing as much as I could stomach is it just isn't a good idea to buy in this market. It may look okay when brand new but it will be a purchase you will come to regret unless you manage to find some idiot to take it off your hands at a small profit. There are lots of idiots in Pattaya I suppose.

The quality of Construction is quite good in Park Lane by Thai standards .PVC windows and balcony doors .Western standard kitchen and toilet/shower room .Go ahead and buy in Singapore if you prefer and pay 10 times the price . :D

totally agree gave up looking after 2 days.i have been involved in the building trade for 30 years,and the developers are taking the piss.

You wont get any argument from me.