Best Flame Grilled Steak Or Lamb Chop In Samui

Boater

most of the time it is cheaper to eat out then to eat in on samui, if you are after western food

so the question is

my 2 favorite meals are imported Beef Steaks and Lamb

Can we compile a list of the best places on samui where you can get improrted steaks, Flame Grilled and Lamb Chops? .... but also with the best price

Tesco does sell Lamb Chops, but they are frozen and about 240 THB !!!, so i would pay a bit more for fresh, and with all the side orders

hope this does not conflict with the sponsers, but they have these Topics in all the other forums, and good food equals happy members ! , esp if you find a good joint

Best beef for me at Orgasmic or the Wagyu at the Shack. Had an imported steak at Captain Kirk's once that was pretty good as well. Orgasmic wins on the freshly made sauces though for me.

Dunno about lamb chops...not my thing.....the lamb at Haveli is excellent but I've no idea if they serve chops.

The Shack - second to none.....

i will say the BEST in Samui by a mile !, but my point was the price, if i paid 3000 THB a night in the shack to eat i would be bankrupt !

but still the best place i would like to highlight, just looking for a bit cheaper

Have you never ordered your meats directly from the hotel/restaurant food suppliers? All of them offer a variety of cuts and types, all ranging from good value to expensive. I always figured this was common among westerners here because everyone I talk to seems to do the same. Some of the places will even deliver the meat to your door if you spend enough.

The only downside is that it comes frozen but in my house we buy in large bulk pieces, let the meats defrost just halfway before breaking it down and dividing it up into portion sizes and putting into freezer bags. Calibri, F&B, and all of the Italian-specialized distributors have great product.

I find the best lamb chops are the frozen ones at macro. (Oz first choice- NZ next)

I have tried many others - the macro ones seem to win out. Cooked on the BBQ - can't beat it. :licklips:

Best restaurant ones are Ocean 11 in Bang Rak- but a tad expensive. (800 baht-ish)

Had some good ones the other day in FV. Under the arch - French place second on the right. (Cannot remember the name.):unsure: Less than 400 baht for the meal.

At sweeney todds we serve n.z lamb chops, we serve two chops at 300baht and 3 chops at 380 baht, this comes with choice of potato, 4 veg,and pongs own home made gravy. and not forgetting the mint sauce, or colmans mustard, and a warm smile

fresh or frozen ... lips are watering

At sweeney todds we serve n.z lamb chops, we serve two chops at 300baht and 3 chops at 380 baht, this comes with choice of potato, 4 veg,and pongs own home made gravy. and not forgetting the mint sauce, or colmans mustard, and a warm smile

they come fresh to us, but we have to freeze them then,

they come fresh to us, but we have to freeze them then,

we cook them on ordering, they are not pre cooked

I too love steak and lamb chops. Would manage maybe 1 or 2 meals a month but just found it too expensive. And since I found AllStar I never bother with eating out for steak or lamb chops. Yes it is frozen but really great value. Australian steak and lamb and they will cut it to whatever thickness you desire and seal them individually or with as many pieces you need in vacuum sealed bags. So very easy to keep frozen and just use what you need. And in the bags it makes it very easy to defrost just by placing in water. I found that most restaurants that offered chops relatively cheaply had chops about a cm thick. I like mine about 1 inch thick so perfect for me. You can get 4 or 5 Tenderloin steaks of about 200 grams each for a total of 800 to 900 baht and lamb chops you can get about 15 1-inch thick chops for no more than about 100 baht a piece !! Two chops makes a meal but I generally have 3. Love 'em. Small cheap charcoal bbq does the job beautifully. Almost as good as back home on a Saturday arvo.

I too love steak and lamb chops. Would manage maybe 1 or 2 meals a month but just found it too expensive. And since I found AllStar I never bother with eating out for steak or lamb chops. Yes it is frozen but really great value. Australian steak and lamb and they will cut it to whatever thickness you desire and seal them individually or with as many pieces you need in vacuum sealed bags. So very easy to keep frozen and just use what you need. And in the bags it makes it very easy to defrost just by placing in water. I found that most restaurants that offered chops relatively cheaply had chops about a cm thick. I like mine about 1 inch thick so perfect for me. You can get 4 or 5 Tenderloin steaks of about 200 grams each for a total of 800 to 900 baht and lamb chops you can get about 15 1-inch thick chops for no more than about 100 baht a piece !! Two chops makes a meal but I generally have 3. Love 'em. Small cheap charcoal bbq does the job beautifully. Almost as good as back home on a Saturday arvo.

Sorry to sound dumb - but what and where is AllStar? (I obviously don't get out enough :()

Sorry to sound dumb - but what and where is AllStar? (I obviously don't get out enough :()

Allstar is one of the food suppliers for restaurants and hotels. If you enter the Chaweng Lake road from the traffic lights near Tesco and carry on for about 500m it is on the right. I think the second last shop in that row of shops and just before the 7-11 on the corner to the road going to Bangrak. From the outside it looks only like an office but they have their big freezers behind.

there used to be a place in north chaweng called out of africa, i think. run by some south african guy(s).

amazing lamb chops, probably the best i've ever had but they closed up shop after the first few times i ate there. i tried the place using the same name in lamai but it was nowhere near the quality as the one in chaweng.

if they have opened up in another location using either the same or a different name i'd like to hear about it, they were certainly my choice for grilled meats.

there used to be a place in north chaweng called out of africa, i think. run by some south african guy(s).

amazing lamb chops, probably the best i've ever had but they closed up shop after the first few times i ate there. i tried the place using the same name in lamai but it was nowhere near the quality as the one in chaweng.

if they have opened up in another location using either the same or a different name i'd like to hear about it, they were certainly my choice for grilled meats.

is that the place where the new irish pub is ( which now appears to have shut shop)

Allstar is one of the food suppliers for restaurants and hotels. If you enter the Chaweng Lake road from the traffic lights near Tesco and carry on for about 500m it is on the right. I think the second last shop in that row of shops and just before the 7-11 on the corner to the road going to Bangrak. From the outside it looks only like an office but they have their big freezers behind.

whistling.gif Maybe not the best area to buy food - thinking about the rainy season !!

Thank you for that - I will give them a look :jap:

What is this topic doing here & who nicked my lambs?:realangry:

:lol:

would you like them back with Mint Sauce ?

Impossible Rooo mate. The Welsh rugby team passed through on their way to New Zealand! biggrin.gif

They want to arrive bearing gifts do they?

What is this topic doing here & who nicked my lambs?:realangry:

:lol:

would you like them back with Mint Sauce ?

Impossible Rooo mate. The Welsh rugby team passed through on their way to New Zealand! biggrin.gif

They want to arrive bearing gifts do they?

yeah, half the girls in Green Mango have std's now :lol: