Thai Version Cbr 250R

wana

somebody just asked me if the abs version is worth 115,000k or just get the non abs for 100,000k

(Its for bangkok commuting use ,not a racetrack )

whats peoples thoughts about ABS on the cbr 250 R ?

is it worth the extra cash or will be fine on a normal one ?

I think it's a good idea.. there have been a few riders of the ER6 that have stated ABS saved them a few times.. Others say you get to reliant on it.. i have ridden the ABS Cbr and i think it's an unobtrusive system. So in the end..up to you..15,000b ain't much really. not for piece of mind..

also ALL over 250cc bikes will be ABS in Europe by 2015, It's the law.

Roads are slick here, even when it's not raining.

I've slammed my front brake causing front tire skids in panic stops.

There's no time to think, my hand just grabs the lever.

I'd pay for the ABS.

Hopefully the Euro law will trickle down to bikes in Thailand.

i had the non abs rider, and my view is that it is a very good option to have if you can afford it.

Safty on a motorbike is something you should never be cheap on...

I can count many times riding a lower speed where my braking would have been much less 'interesting' with abs...

Unless you have a big tendency to snatch the front brake when a problem arises (which should be corrected with some training), ABS isn't really worth it. I think people become dependent on it and it won't save you every time.

TimThai is absolutely right - good, grippy tires are an absolute must here. It takes no time warm them up in the heat and they will save you a thousand times before ABS does. I have heard the CBR250 rolls out the Honda shop on IRC tires as standard (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I would have those changed first up.

my gf dad is a friend of the owner of a large honda dealership in bkk so its basically just lucky ,thats only how we can buy it around the MRSP

any other shops i walked into in bkk wanted between 115-160k (price gouging at its very finest ,driven purely by greed )

they even make a healthy profit at the honda MRSP so haggle like a MO-FO and be prepared to walk out waving ur cash around until someone caves in

ABS is like a good helmet. You don't need it... until you do!

+1

+2... But I'd add that good tyres are equally important to the equation!

I would argue good tires are MORE important. ABS can only use the traction available. Nothing is more important than good sticky tires.

Before I had ABS I always thought it was a wast of money. Now that I have ABS I think it is well worth it. But I still ride my bike like it did not have them. Some people think if you have ABS you are going to forget how to stop a bike with out ABS. I think thats nonsense.

I can remember when they first started coming out on automobiles no body wanted it but know days you will hard pressed to find one with out. ABS has saved my bacon ones as I was going around a sharp bend and it had just started to rain. Half way around the bend I find a car passing in my lane and no room for me. I made it barely but if I had not had ABS I think I would have locked the wheels and dumped the bike. Its up to you but my money says ABS.

Anyone know where I can go to get a bike with the following specs?

- 250 CBR

- Non ABS

- Red color

- New

- in Bangkok or Pattaya

I'd like to buy in the next few days but can't really travel to every dealer around the city, especially since I have no idea where most Honda dealers are located.

Got cash in hand and will pay the day I pick up.

If you know of a place please give me the name and its rough location.

HELP PLEASE...Thanks guys

Anyone know where I can go to get a bike with the following specs?

- 250 CBR

- Non ABS

- Red color

- New

- in Bangkok or Pattaya

I'd like to buy in the next few days but can't really travel to every dealer around the city, especially since I have no idea where most Honda dealers are located.

Got cash in hand and will pay the day I pick up.

If you know of a place please give me the name and its rough location.

HELP PLEASE...Thanks guys

well i would have thought pretty much ANY Honda dealer now.. I see them all the time...

here in Omnoi there are 3 dealers all have red instock. One is doing it for 111,500 on the road.

GPS..13.730386,100.249013

http://maps.google.com/

well i would have thought pretty much ANY Honda dealer now.. I see them all the time...

here in Omnoi there are 3 dealers all have red instock. One is doing it for 111,500 on the road.

GPS..13.730386,100.249013

http://maps.google.com/

Yea I thought most would have it also but I've gone to two and neither have it or know anyone that does (at least they're not saying they know).

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />well i would have thought pretty much ANY Honda dealer now.. I see them all the time...<br /><br /><br />here in Omnoi there are 3 dealers all have red instock. One is doing it for 111,500 on the road.<br /><br />GPS..13.730386,100.249013<br /><br /><a href='http://maps.google.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://maps.google.com/</a><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br />Yea I thought most would have it also but I've gone to two and neither have it or know anyone that does (at least they're not saying they know).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Well. i have given you a GPS co-ordinate that has a what you want in stock.. drove past it at 5pm.

Up to you what you want to do..

Before I had ABS I always thought it was a wast of money. Now that I have ABS I think it is well worth it. But I still ride my bike like it did not have them. Some people think if you have ABS you are going to forget how to stop a bike with out ABS. I think thats nonsense.

I can remember when they first started coming out on automobiles no body wanted it but know days you will hard pressed to find one with out. ABS has saved my bacon ones as I was going around a sharp bend and it had just started to rain. Half way around the bend I find a car passing in my lane and no room for me. I made it barely but if I had not had ABS I think I would have locked the wheels and dumped the bike. Its up to you but my money says ABS.

if you ready to buy one let me know ,i am also thinking about buying one (also with cash) and if we walk in together we can haggle a better price or more free stuff if we are buying 2 or more and my wife dad knows the dealer :)

consider leaving bangkok to get one also,someone in the cbr thread bought a new one for 99 or 100k on the road in chumpon i think (its a 400 km drive back but that wouldnt bother me )

the further you get from bangkok and pattaya ,they cheaper they seem to get ,same with cars ............