Just Obtained 2 Entry Tourist Visa From Kl

Just some information about my experience at the Thai Embassy in KL...

I got to the embassy in KL yesterday at 9am. There were a few people already in the line up, not too many though. The doors opened at 9.30am sharp. Got a ticket, waited for my number to be called.

I handed them my passport (Australian) - My passport already had a 2x entry TV in it with 2 x extensions from Phuket Immigration. The new TV I applied for yesterday is back to back from my 1st one.

Completed visa form requesting 2 entry Tourist Visa with 2 x passport photos.

Copy of flight back to Phuket in a few days

Copy of flight out of Thailand to KL and back into Thailand, Phuket for my second entry. I had worked out ages ago when I needed to do this visa run, so I found the cheapest flight I could out of Thailand and back in again, which is around the 52 day mark. I dont even intend on using that flight at all but I just booked it to be safe for the second entry. I think the flight cost 1600 THB. It was worth it in my opinion because I can get almost 6 months, including extensions, in Thailand because the visa has a validity of 3 months. If I didnt have that flight booked im pretty sure they wouldn't have given me a 2 entry visa.

I did not show them any bookings of a hotel, they didnt even ask for it. I didnt even have to show them a flight back to Australia, which I havent booked anyway.

They didnt ask any questions just took my paperwork and I collected it this afternoon. The doors opened at 2.30pm sharp. We just lined up and got our passports and off we went. The line went quick and I was back to my hotel by 3pm.

JuleStaR

:)

in switzerland they asked me a return ticket, what a pain...last year, free visa, and no fight ticket , no hassle,got the visa 2x entry .

now i have to calculate and see what I will do in 5-6 months, and calculate exactday to x border before new year to not to screw of 1 day my travel if not I will have to pay extension at 1900 baths just to stay legal to take my flight back if i don't get another visa.

they want us out...only people staying in hotel 2-3 weeks then out.who in the right mind will stay 60 days in the same hotel, hellooo???

i just hope i can get a new visa after 6 months, because i need to stay 1 year in thailand.

what u think is it still easy to get visa in lao? in savanakhet??

btw i think it s easier to go to thailand with no visa and after 30 days just go to lao and get a visa.

now i worry they want see 4 flights for 2x entries,..but i dont think so because if they ask this, i dont go anymore to thailand or i ask them to send me back my passport and i board the plane with what i have..

Edited by swisstouristpattaya

in switzerland they asked me a return ticket, what a pain...last year, free visa, and no fight ticket , no hassle,got the visa 2x entry .

now i have to calculate and see what I will do in 5-6 months, and calculate exactday to x border before new year to not to screw of 1 day my travel if not I will have to pay extension at 1900 baths just to stay legal to take my flight back if i don't get another visa.

they want us out...only people staying in hotel 2-3 weeks then out.who in the right mind will stay 60 days in the same hotel, hellooo???

i just hope i can get a new visa after 6 months, because i need to stay 1 year in thailand.

what u think is it still easy to get visa in lao? in savanakhet??

btw i think it s easier to go to thailand with no visa and after 30 days just go to lao and get a visa.

now i worry they want see 4 flights for 2x entries,..but i dont think so because if they ask this, i dont go anymore to thailand or i ask them to send me back my passport and i board the plane with what i have..

Give it a try and find out be sure to let us know. One year in Thailand not a tourist.

I went to the embassy in Kuala Lumpur in July to obtain a single entry tourist visa. All I turned in to them was an application, the fee money, my passport, and a single passport photo. I had a copy of a flight out of Thailand and another passport photo, but the official told me that they didn't matter. While I was there I met another American who told me that they would issue him his visa in a single day if he could print out a copy of his flight from Kuala Lumpur TO Thailand and turn it in to them. I guess they had made some sort of special exception for him. Judging by what other people were turning in, I believe the Kuala Lumpur embassy may make the process easier or more difficult based completely at the discretion of the officials. Judging by what others were turning in, it seemed that there were different policies for different people on different passports applying for the same visa.

• 4 months later...

any new updates on KL? I will need to go the end of Feb, then I plan on going back to the USA in May or June to get a 1 year visa. any issue to get 1 entry tourist visa? can we get a double? I really just need a sing el but thought a double would be good if I do not end up going back to the states. Any updated info would be helpful. thanks again. My passport pages are almost full and was thinking of getting a new pasport but I worry if I book my ticket and the passport numbers do not match would that be an issue? or could I just bring my old passport to show them? ok thanks again

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On March I applied for a double entry tourist visa in KL but was issued a single entry - didn't make any difference that I had flight ticket out from Thailand to Europe for June.

Hi

Thanks for posting. What was the cost of the double entry visa.

Thanks

Application fee, in Laos THB 2,000.-, in Cambodia USD 70.-.

Double entry is made by embassy or at border? How far from border are Thai embassy? Which is best/near/easy from Bkk......Laos or Cambodia? Thanks

This thread is misleading as an old thread and there are no reports of current two entry visas being available in KL. If someone has such information please start as a new thread. This is closed.