Supplier Of Nyy Three Phase Cable

simon43

Does anyone know of a supplier of NYY three phase cable in Phuket, (50mm2 size, 4 wire)?

I need to cable up my new 'mini-resort' project and I prefer to buy the cable myself., rather than paying an inflated price to a middleman.

I need about 150 - 200 metres

Thanks

Simon

Um.. go on .. how much per metre??

S

4 x 50mm2 in copper at 200meters will be more than 180k baht

you might want to check Supercheap, 100 meter rolls single wire to be joined

air or underground? air you can consider aluminum, higher sqmm but lower price

I would consider getting a transformer installed closer to hotel, and then 220V short distance. PEA can calculate and give you a quote for free

Keehin expensive on tailor made, so if this is the way to go, there are two shops in town at lower prices

The project already has 3 phase supplied to the site, so I planned to run an NYY cable (3 phases and neutral) at 220v (between each phase and neutral), around the site boundary, supplying each guest room with a different phase as I go, to ensure phase load balance.

If the cost of NYY is prohibitive, (which it sounds like it is), then I can of course run single phase cable from the boundary meter to each guest room.

Simon

NYY is expensive. smaller cordells to make it soft/flexible, and more expensive insulation, and logistic/not very common yet.

If you want to run 3 phase all around on boundarywall, no problem to use 4 x single Supercheap cables (even aluminum), and go down on size as less rooms left to supply. But LiKs suggestion could cost less, calculation needed :)

The project already has 3 phase supplied to the site, so I planned to run an NYY cable (3 phases and neutral) at 220v (between each phase and neutral), around the site boundary, supplying each guest room with a different phase as I go, to ensure phase load balance.

If the cost of NYY is prohibitive, (which it sounds like it is), then I can of course run single phase cable from the boundary meter to each guest room.

Simon

careful Simon , take the advice from some of these long term forum experts on everything with a grain of salt , supply of cables yes by all means go to as many shops as you like to purchase , but as far as the layout , size and type of cable . voltage drop etc leave to a qualified expert in the electrical field ....

careful Simon , take the advice from some of these long term forum experts on everything with a grain of salt , supply of cables yes by all means go to as many shops as you like to purchase , but as far as the layout , size and type of cable . voltage drop etc leave to a qualified expert in the electrical field ....

Noted - I actually have a degree (plus 4 years technician qualifications) in Electrical & Electronics - from many years ago. So I'm fine re the actual technical side. It's more a financial consideration :)

Simon

Noted - I actually have a degree (plus 4 years technician qualifications) in Electrical & Electronics - from many years ago. So I'm fine re the actual technical side. It's more a financial consideration :)

Simon

ok great , i was an electrical contractor for 20 years ,so again if you know what you want then go shopping for the exact materials required , copper is expensive always has been and will continue to go up in price ...good luck ..

cheers

What is your proposed max demand?

System of earthing MEN or TT.

What is the route length from point of supply to your main switchboard?

The route length to each guest room from your main switchboard.

Sub board (DSB) in each guest room, single phase to each room.

Max demand of each DSB.

Proposed size of sub mains to each DSB.

What is your proposed voltage drop as a percentage on your consumers mains and submains?

Do those calculations first before purchasing cable.

You should be able to get cut lengths of 50sqmm, you should price 4x 50sqmm circ (one length) against 4 x single core 50 sqmm copper.( individual lengths).