Pattaya Flooding?

nikkoid66

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the area around Walking Street in like in the Ocean right now. The rest is ok. But from my 18th floor, the weather does not look good at all for tonight!

Also beware for the traffic! it is insane in most place, roads are sometime damaged, slowing down the cars/buses.

Edited by nikkoid66

Here's a pic I took in the afternoon at the Nongprue highway exit. Note the roof of the Lamborghini (I think it was, could have also been the Toyota look-alike) in the ditch.

post-6036-0-01282900-1315746740_thumb.jp

Indeed looks like a Lambo,I'm not aware of a toyota that looks like that,and the only one I know who owns such a white lamborghini is Snufu the swatter.:lol:

Edited by janverbeem

south-east of you Pattaya folk, watching our local TV channel earlier and the Chanthaburi river has gone over its banks in places, the lake has overflowed, about axle-deep on scooters from pics they showed.

Lake has been ridiculously over-stocked with fish - carp and catfish - and 'no fishing' signs.

Now it's open season, tv showed locals with nets catching fish on city streets - problem solved.

We were at a festival in the city, riverside, Friday night, saw some murals and a sign commemorating a series of houses washed away in 1999 floods; the river Fri night was running very fast and about .5m from its limit, guessing rainfall inland combined with high tide caused today's floods.

We're well-elevated 12km away, if it ever floods here I'd expect to see an ark going past.

I snagged a couple photos from Facebook...

Second Road behind the Hard Rock about 4:30am

post-38575-0-30355900-1315719520_thumb.j

I am not sure where this pic was taken, but that is a lot of water... about 11am!

post-38575-0-76780500-1315719529_thumb.j

TheWalkingMan

I for one an really pleased with the OP. I was coming to Pattaya on Tuesday to see some friend's. Am I now I don't think so. Thank you OP.

Here's a pic I took in the afternoon at the Nongprue highway exit. Note the roof of the Lamborghini (I think it was, could have also been the Toyota look-alike) in the ditch.

post-6036-0-01282900-1315746740_thumb.jp

Indeed looks like a Lambo,I'm not aware of a toyota that looks like that,and the only one I know who owns such a white lamborghini is Snufu the swatter.:lol:

Every cloud has a silver lining :whistling:

Link to Thai Met Dept here

Advisory: Warning

"Heavy to Very Heavy Rain over Thailand"

No. 13 Time Issued : September 11, 2011

During 11-12 September, the intense monsoon trough lies across the Central, the East and the lower Northeast of Thailand. The strong southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea, southern Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand. Torrential rain and isolated heavy to very heavy falls are likely much of the country, especially in provinces of Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Phichit, Phetchabun, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Saket, Roi Et, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, Phang-nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Patthalung, Songkhla and Satun. People in risky areas along foothills and waterways are warned of possible flash flood. People in lowlands and riversides in the Central and the East are warned of overflow.

The strong wind-wave in the Andaman Sea and the upper Gulf of Thailand is likely 2-3 meters high. All ships should proceed with caution and small boats keep ashore during 1-2 days.

Link to Thai Met Dept here

Advisory: Warning

"Heavy to Very Heavy Rain over Thailand"

No. 13 Time Issued : September 11, 2011

During 11-12 September, the intense monsoon trough lies across the Central, the East and the lower Northeast of Thailand. The strong southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea, southern Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand. Torrential rain and isolated heavy to very heavy falls are likely much of the country, especially in provinces of Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Phichit, Phetchabun, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Saket, Roi Et, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, Phang-nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Patthalung, Songkhla and Satun. People in risky areas along foothills and waterways are warned of possible flash flood. People in lowlands and riversides in the Central and the East are warned of overflow.

The strong wind-wave in the Andaman Sea and the upper Gulf of Thailand is likely 2-3 meters high. All ships should proceed with caution and small boats keep ashore during 1-2 days.

I think it's localized I'm in Kamphaeng Phet at the moment an most of the day it's been sunny with the odd shower. But I've just looked up Pattaya and it say's more of the same weather for the next few day's. Sorry about that Pattaya peep's. Edited by fredob43

they must have unblocked the drains on beach road, most of the problems here are debris in the water getting caught in grills at sea exits and it all backs up from there, if the city was kept more tidy it may not be as bad.

Indeed. I am also suspicious of those fabric covers they put over the drains to stop the smells coming up. Somehow I dont think that they always take them off when it rains.

Anyone own/rent a condo in The Avenue? Apparently the underground car-park flooded completely damaging numerous cars/bikes and rendering the building electrics unusable, possibly for a long time.

I've always had my doubts about underground car-parks in places where heavy rain is common.

Anyone own/rent a condo in The Avenue? Apparently the underground car-park flooded completely damaging numerous cars/bikes and rendering the building electrics unusable, possibly for a long time.

I've always had my doubts about underground car-parks in places where heavy rain is common.

Good point. Don't know abotu Avenue, but I think those parked under Royal Garden and Mike Shopping must have had a wet experience.

Good point. Don't know abotu Avenue, but I think those parked under Royal Garden and Mike Shopping must have had a wet experience.

The SS camp is awash,delay building by about 5 more years.

Some good news to come out of this.

Parts of the already eroding and decrepit Beach and Promenade areas have been so badly damaged that they will now HAVE to be addressed.

Also nice to see the Jet ski scammers near Walking street now have almost no beach to operate from and their beach chairs and umbrella business has been reduced to a tiny island of sand.

Every cloud they say.

And underground parking seems to be planned for the new it-center, at the old X-Zyte site. :rolleyes:

At least according to the pattaya people article, posted in another tread.

Some good news to come out of this.

Parts of the already eroding and decrepit Beach and Promenade areas have been so badly damaged that they will now HAVE to be addressed.

And addressed it will be.....................only I will not hold my breath on it that it will happen in the next 2 years.