90 Day Reporting

Have a retirement extension visa and due to my 90 day reporting soon.

Since my last report I now a need to show proof residency address.

Have stayed in the same apartment for 5 years, my utility usage is paid with my rent to the owner, so have no bills with address on. The receipt I get has the name of the apartments printed

but no address. My lease also does not show address either.

The only evidence of address is a business card for the apartments.

Have spoken to the owner but does not have letter headed paper or stamp. If I get them to sign business card and show that with my lease and rent receipt will this be acceptable. Or anybody got other solutions.

I did a 90 day visit to Si Racha immigration last week ... And didn't have to show proof of address ? The only change from my previous 90 day visit was I needed a photocopy of my passport. Checked my Thai driving licences and my address is not on the back of either of them ?

Jomtien office requires proof of address now plus passport copy.

I think this is what they require but I gave some more just in case --

ID page

Exit card (the white card stapled in your passport)

Last entry stamp

Don't think they require but I gave anyway --

copy of original visa

copy of current permission to stay stamp

Proof of address. Yes I see your problem.

I don't have a definite answer but if I were you, I would go to the person you signed the lease with and have him write the address in English and Thai or the document you have. I think that should be good enough for immigration.

I did a 90 day visit to Si Racha immigration last week ... And didn't have to show proof of address ? The only change from my previous 90 day visit was I needed a photocopy of my passport. Checked my Thai driving licences and my address is not on the back of either of them ?

The addresses are in Thai. If they aren't on the back, then the licences are not the latest style.

The addresses are in Thai. If they aren't on the back, then the licences are not the latest style.

Yes you are right ... My Thai reading skills are still quite poor ....Lol. I wonder why the immigration rules are different in various locations .... So is the answer for this guys problem for him to report to Si Racha ? Wonder if you have to report to your local immigration ... Maybe just say you was visiting a friend and see what they say ... Nothing to lose by trying that !!

My old style 5 year licence has at least a partial address on the front under my name. No idea if it's acceptable for this new requirement though :(

Would the monthly statements which Bangkok Bank send me for my GBP account with them - and which include my name and address - be OK for proof of residency address purposes?

I would have thought so. However, as the requirements may vary depending on a particular office and sometimes on the particular official you deal with, it's maybe best to ring them up and ask what they will accept....

I did my 90-day address report at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration last Thursday -- I decided I would run a test to see what they would ask for. I got the four copies to satisfy the alleged new requirements at the shop next door.

When I asked the guy who runs the queue numbers if I needed a number - he pointed outside and said "copy passport" (it later turned out he was only revealing 25% of the mystery). There were no Expats waiting (2:30pm) and one clerk at the ready. I handed him the normal requisite form and my passport.

He said "Copy House-Paper" - I handed him a copy of a several month old Internet bill. He said "copy passport" - I handed that to him and he said "Copy Visa" - then "Copy (something unintelligible)". I had only one document remaining, so I gave him that. He was satisfied and promptly applied the stamps. In and out in 5 minutes.

Since they were willing to accept a House-Paper as proof of address, I would suggest trying that. My House-Paper has only the address and a few lines of Thai gibberish - NO NAME IS ON THE DOCUMENT. I suggest asking your owner/landlord/rental agent for a copy of the House-Paper for the property. I suspect that they assume that if you're in possession of the House-Paper, you must actually live there. Either that, or they simply don't care . . . (TiT) . . . :D