Worth To Get Mrried For Visa?

I m sick of these visa trip to get tourist visa, I am under 50.

would be easier to marry a thai lady, no?

everyyear I spend 30-40'000 bats to go back to europe and all this money spent in TR visa, would be better to give it to a thai lady instead.

did it make your life easier?, or is it better to avoid thai ladies at all cost.

DONT DO IT !!!!!!!

why would you need to go back to Europe, you can get visa's in neighboring countries.

Get and ED visa or something else but dont for God sake marry just for paperwork.

make other arrangements until you are 50 then get a retirement visa.

And remember that no matter what you get, you will have to report every 90 days (even if by post in some cases).

Edited by CharlieH

I take it you are not particularly committed to any girl, so you should absolutely consider Sihanoukville or Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

There you just pay i think it is US $260 and they won't disturb you for a year.

I'm considering it in spite of having a long relation with a good girl.

I am also totally fed up with the uncertainty of staying here

You marry a Thai lady for a visa and she will want a condo, and a new wardrobe of clothes (not from the market), and a car, and lots of real gold jewellery, and support for her 3 kids that she didn't tell you about before she got married to you, and support for her mum and dad and sisters and aunties and uncles and "cousins" - one or more of whom will be her boyfriend B)

" everyyear I spend 30-40'000 bats to go back to europe and all this money spent in TR visa, would be better to give it to a thai lady instead."

is a joke if you're trying to maintain a thai girl -- unless you mean per month? :bah:

Edited by jpinx

DONT DO IT !!!!!!!

why would you need to go back to Europe, you can get visa's in neighboring countries.

Get and ED visa or something else but dont for God sake marry just for paperwork.

make other arrangements until you are 50 then get a retirement visa.

And remember that no matter what you get, you will have to report every 90 days (even if by post in some cases).

if i get ED Visa would be the same price to go to europ cost ED Visa 2000 Bhat go to Vientian hotel food train about 8000 baht plus ED Visa 28500 baht so the total its 39.000 baht Marrid Visa cost the letter from the embassy proof your not married 1500 translalation 800 baht married at Ampor 40 baht and plus multiplie 5000 baht and if you proof you have more then 40.000 income a month ou have 1 years visa based on Marry

everyyear I spend 30-40'000 bats to go back to europe and all this money spent in TR visa

If you are so clueless that you spend that much every year on going all the way back to Europe for a visa, you really are not smart enough to deal with marriage to a Thai

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif You might be right, but a bit hard on the poor guy.

This is going off subject a bit but, my wife, and I where returning to Thailand with our two children, one of which was born in Spain a few weeks before. We flew via Geneva and had a few hours to wait for our onward flight to Thailand so we went into town for some food. When we returned to the airport, we showed our passports and tickets to Thailand to a Swiss immigration man. He said the baby must have a visa in her new Thai passport, and he would not let us pass through to take our flight. crying.gif So I told him she has never been to Thailand and was born in Spain just a couple of weeks back and that her passport was issued in Spain. I popped said "fuc_kit" then if you don't want us to return to Thailand at our own expense you better sort out a hotel for the whole family, then deport us back at your expense. By now the people in the Q behind us could see the utter stupidity of this and started to heckle the guy. He caved under the pressure and let us pass. closedeyes.gif cooko

Edited by a99az

<br />
<br /><b>DONT DO IT !!!!!!!</b> <br /><br />why would you need to go back to Europe, you can get visa's in neighboring countries.<br /><br />Get and ED visa or something else but dont for God sake marry just for paperwork.<br />make other arrangements until you are 50 then get a retirement visa.<br /><br />And remember that no matter what you get, you will have to report every 90 days (even if by post in some cases).<br />
<br /><br /><br />if i get ED Visa would be the same price to go to europ cost ED Visa 2000 Bhat go to Vientian hotel food train about 8000 baht plus ED Visa 28500 baht so the total  its 39.000 baht Marrid Visa cost the letter from the embassy proof your not married 1500 translalation 800 baht married at Ampor 40 baht and plus multiplie 5000 baht and if you proof you have more then 40.000 income a month ou have 1 years visa based on Marry<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Your maths is squiffy ;)

if married at least the thai lady can come with me and take care of me, ...and when we want go to thailand, i just send marriage certificate to get my visa, or arrange a 1 year visa.hassle free.

seem thai ladies are much better than western women? i mean non bar women.

i know a few guy who have been married to thai ladies (less 50yo), and even god jobs in thailand.

are thai ladies (no gogogirls)really so bad after a few years,do they all want all your $$$?who regret and why?or better to stay single and live together without being married and be bounced around by immigration officers and their dam_n laws?

Edited by swisstouristpattaya

• 4 weeks later...

if married at least the thai lady can come with me and take care of me, ...and when we want go to thailand, i just send marriage certificate to get my visa, or arrange a 1 year visa.hassle free.

i know a few guy who have been married to thai ladies (less 50yo), and even god jobs in thailand.

are thai ladies (no gogogirls)really so bad after a few years,do they all want all your $$$?who regret and why?or better to stay single and live together without being married and be bounced around by immigration officers and their dam_n laws?

A Thai gal marrying a non Thai is considered "Un-Thai" to the Thai country folk and absolutly beneath their caste amongst urban and HiSo Thais. So, if she is going to demean herself and her family, taking this step, the very least that will happen will be an accumulation of material items that can be (noticed) , and, family members taken care of, so, Thai gal can save face.

This is non negotiable.

Your reluctance to include a bar girl in your equation is where your math goes astray. At least with a bar girl you can negotiate a contract and lock in your cost of permission to stay in the Kingdom.

Too many variables to answer "worth it to get mrried for visa".

Worth getting married for the visa? Hell, no. I got divorced to my ex-wife (who is Thai) six years ago. Been living with a new girl for past three years. (Neither ex-wife nor girlfriend were bar girls.) I love my new girlfriend to bits but there's no way I would get married again without a lot of assurances that I wouldn't be shafted. I know I am speaking from a pained experience and therefore it is tainted - but it is worth remembering: You have no rights as a farang husband. Nothing.

Edited by jonnog

Worth getting married for the visa? Hell, no. I got divorced to my ex-wife (who is Thai) six years ago. Been living with a new girl for past three years. (Neither ex-wife nor girlfriend were bar girls.) I love my new girlfriend to bits but there's no way I would get married again without a lot of assurances that I wouldn't be shafted. I know I am speaking from a pained experience and therefore it is tainted - but it is worth remembering: You have no rights as a farang husband. Nothing.

You have the same rights as any Thai husband and do have the option of a prenuptial agreement.

are thai ladies (no gogogirls)really so bad after a few years,do they all want all your $$?who regret and why?or better to stay single and live together without being married and be bounced around by immigration officers and their dam_n laws?

A Thai gal marrying a non Thai is considered "Un-Thai" to the Thai country folk and absolutly beneath their caste amongst urban and HiSo Thais. So, if she is going to demean herself and her family, taking this step, the very least that will happen will be an accumulation of material items that can be (noticed) , and, family members taken care of, so, Thai gal can save face.

This is non negotiable.

Your reluctance to include a bar girl in your equation is where your math goes astray. At least with a bar girl you can negotiate a contract and lock in your cost of permission to stay in the Kingdom.

that is a pretty one-eyed view there, anything other than personal opinion & experiences to back it up?

You have the same rights as any Thai husband and do have the option of a prenuptial agreement.

Will a prenuptial agreement stand up in Thailand ?

This is non negotiable.

Um...I might beg to differ..my wife is not HiSo or anywhere near it! Educated yes, has lived in the UK, gets on well with everybody and is quite bright. We have a number of HiSo friends, old money and have had several holidays with them. All, without fail are so pleasent..a please come to stay with us anytime attitude, they visit us etc. She is well thought of in our village and her opinions listened to by all.

Get yourself a good woman and marry her...this 'what was your name again' gets boring after a while..........and when you find a really good woman...your visa problems are sorted............

Edited by JAS21