British Airways

WilliaminBKK

What? They forgot to include the Comet aircraft. Although they did show a Concorde for a brief second.

The could have shown a jungle scene to represent the Heathrow experience. No images of luggage piled up at T5 and that is probably one of the most memorable moments in recent BA history.whistling.gif

BA...oh dear! laugh.gif

Pissed air stewardess: Are you a stripey boy then?

smokie36: No no I'm just passing through Heathrow on my way to Thailand.

Pissed air stewardess: Yes you are...I can tell.

smokie36: Oh well do you want a drink?.....

etc.....

biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

Pass the sick bag.

A gilded turd is still a turd whatever the ad men say.

- they didn't show their passenger planes being used as military transports into war zones either - check out BA149. If Iran or the njext "bad guy" ever shoots a passenger BA flight down they'll legitimately be able to claim that BA is a quasi military airline.

I was 131 days as a hostage in Iraq thanks to BA. Compensation - 200 pounds.

What? They forgot to include the Comet aircraft. Although they did show a Concorde for a brief second.

The could have shown a jungle scene to represent the Heathrow experience. No images of luggage piled up at T5 and that is probably one of the most memorable moments in recent BA history.whistling.gif

What is it with guys and their constant beef about Heathrow ??

Have used out and back on average 12 times yearly multipled by 20 years.

Never ever had a problem.

I like BA. Their business class seat is one of the best and they have been very reasonably priced compared to other premium carriers. Only Emirates seems to be more cost effective these days, but you trade that in for the lack of a direct service.

I like BA. Their business class seat is one of the best and they have been very reasonably priced compared to other premium carriers. Only Emirates seems to be more cost effective these days, but you trade that in for the lack of a direct service.

Every time I've looked BA Business class has been over £2k return LHR to BKK. I have never paid more than £1600 for such a trip.

Where are you buying your biz class tickets?

Every time I've looked BA Business class has been over £2k return LHR to BKK. I have never paid more than £1600 for such a trip.

Where are you buying your biz class tickets?

I use American Express travel desk. Charge straight to my card which I reimburse through my company. Probably not the cheapest, but I prefer BA to Thai. I find Thai service and air crew to be very inconsistent. They are either very good or diabolical and its not worth taking the risk.

Heathrow needs badly upgraded, worst airport I have travelled through.

You've obviously led a very sheltered life then...

I don't think so mate, you disagree that Heathrow doesn't need upgraded then? And Heathrow needs more capacity, Im sure the last government was wanting to build a new runway!

I don't think so mate, you disagree that Heathrow doesn't need upgraded then? And Heathrow needs more capacity, Im sure the last government was wanting to build a new runway!

No I dont disagree. Terminal 3 is a national embarrassment, however it is nowhere near being the worst airport I have travelled through.

I love Terminal 3.....especially the departure lounge.....and very especially the Cathay Pacific biz class lounge......even more especially the dim sum and champagne....biggrin.gif

I see,it is in my case and I have flew through a lot of airports, mostly in Europe and Asia, maybe it's been a case of bad timing when I'm at Heathrow, always been a delay or fault with something every time, yes T3 is quite bad laugh.gif

I love Terminal 3.....especially the departure lounge.....and very especially the Cathay Pacific biz class lounge......even more especially the dim sum and champagne....biggrin.gif

I see,it is in my case and I have flew through a lot of airports, mostly in Europe and Asia, maybe it's been a case of bad timing when I'm at Heathrow, always been a delay or fault with something every time, yes T3 is quite bad laugh.gif

For bad airports try Athens....good airports list would include Samui....yes I mean before they built the new boutique catastrophe....ohmy.gif

For bad airports try Athens....good airports list would include Samui....yes I mean before they built the new boutique catastrophe....ohmy.gif

Athens isnt so bad. There is Mcdonalds :whistling: and some lounges.

Try Lagos for size... Or Delhi arrivals at 11pm...

I suppose not.....memories of Port of Spain just came flooding back....

I suppose not.....memories of Port of Spain just came flooding back....

Good old Piarco International! Thats more like it, although technically not in Port of Spain. Funnily enough I was going to use that as an example, but wasn't sure you would have heard of it.

Good old Piarco International! Thats more like it, although technically not in Port of Spain. Funnily enough I was going to use that as an example, but wasn't sure you would have heard of it.

My first time with BWIA the stewardess spilled a glass of red wine over my trousers within an hour of talke off. Never saw another cabin crew the entire flight. No napkin or towel...oh no!

EDIT: For the sake of anyone who ever has to fly POS to LHR here's how to accomplish it successfully....Go to the airport and check in an hour and a half before the flight....drive five mins down from the airport to the nearest bar and have a beer...order two shots of puncheon rum just before leaving the bar and down them. Rush back to the airport and clear security. Get on the plane as quickly as possible. You will remember nothing until the "seatbelts for landing" sign comes on for landing in London. Trust me on this.

Edited by smokie36

40 miles of tunnels does it for me.

My first time with BWIA the stewardess spilled a glass of red wine over my trousers within an hour of talke off. Never saw another cabin crew the entire flight. No napkin or towel...oh no!

EDIT: For the sake of anyone who ever has to fly POS to LHR here's how to accomplish it successfully....Go to the airport and check in an hour and a half before the flight....drive five mins down from the airport to the nearest bar and have a beer...order two shots of puncheon rum just before leaving the bar and down them. Rush back to the airport and clear security. Get on the plane as quickly as possible. You will remember nothing until the "seatbelts for landing" sign comes on for landing in London. Trust me on this.

BWIA

Better Walking If Able

BWIA

Better Walking If Able

BA ... Born Again !

BOAC ... Better On A Camel

BEA ... Back Every Afternoon

Dan-Air . Dan Dare

British Caledonian ... Pandemonium Scareways

Iberia ... Hysteria

isn't it wonderful, what delayed-passengers can find, to occupy their delayed-minds ? :lol:

Edited by Ricardo