Employment Web Sites For Asia

Hi

I have been commuting back and forth to Asia now for almost 9 years.

I am getting tired of traveling to Canada to work in the oil industry of Alberta.

I have a home and family in Thailand and want to spend time with them.

And for sure I don't want to bring them to this shit hole tar sands town to live it is disgusting here

and my kids are happy there.

My question is I am looking for any information on web sites or areas in Asia were I could look for employment?

I do not expect to make the same money as here, but want to be near the family is my reason for wanting stay in Asia full time.

I have been a Project Planner front line supervision, various disciplines, I am a SteamFitter and have various other certifications.

I have worked for Bantrell, Jacobs, Syncrude, Suncor, Exon basically most of the oil

companies. Usually contract work over a duration of time.

So with that little bit of history about my employment if any person can give me some direction on were to find web sites or any other useful info

thanks in advance

I would suggest opening a Linkedin account-start searching for contacts to build your connections in linkedin. Once they are connected you can reach out to people and ask about employment.

There are also so many job groups you can join on employment forums/groups you can join on linkedin.

The basic service is free, I think 95% of the members don't pay for the service, I know I wouldn't.

The other thing is jobs are plentiful in the Middle East and that trip isn't nearly as painful as Calgary to BKK. So if in need of serious cash it may be an option.

I would suggest opening a Linkedin account-start searching for contacts to build your connections in linkedin. Once they are connected you can reach out to people and ask about employment.

There are also so many job groups you can join on employment forums/groups you can join on linkedin.

The basic service is free, I think 95% of the members don't pay for the service, I know I wouldn't.

The other thing is jobs are plentiful in the Middle East and that trip isn't nearly as painful as Calgary to BKK. So if in need of serious cash it may be an option.

I would go to the Middle East for sure, It is always who you know in the positions of authority.

thanks for the info.

Try putting "oil industry jobs thailand" or similar into Google. I came across what seemed to be a quite good Bangkok based web site for your industry just recently. I just quickly tried to find it again but couldn't - you may have better luck. It let you specify whether you wanted "off-shore", "up country" or BKK-based jobs, and seemed to have a lot of listings

Oilcareers.com

Rigzone.com

expatengineer.com

worldwideworker.com

Are the best websites.

You can also push your CV to the local recruitment agencies in Thailand who recruit in the region for O&G....Brunel's, JST, Fircroft.

SEA is very difficult for "new" expats to get a break in and specifically Thailand, dont hold your breath, someone has suggested the Middle east...certainly more possibilities than SEA...

Also I would question you would expect to earn less money in SEA than what you are currently on ?,

The offshore O&G industry has pretty much even rates across the glode for certain job catagories, so what you would get in the Gulf of Thailand would be very comparable to the North Sea or Gulf of Mexico, in fact you would come out better off working the Gulf of Thailand.

I have a bunch of O&G friends here in Thailand. A few are based here, but I believe they are recruiters. All the rest work elsewhere. From China to Indo to Africa to Canada to the ME. I think the local jobs don't pay nearly as much as the ones elsewhere...

Many are on the one month on, one month off schedule.

I have a bunch of O&G friends here in Thailand. A few are based here, but I believe they are recruiters. All the rest work elsewhere. From China to Indo to Africa to Canada to the ME. I think the local jobs don't pay nearly as much as the ones elsewhere...

Local jobs do pay as much, if not more than other place's, (if you factor in a favourable tax structure) but it depends on what job we are talking about...;)

Local jobs do pay as much, if not more than other place's, (if you factor in a favourable tax structure) but it depends on what job we are talking about...;)

I'm no expert for sure, but if that was true, I doubt the 10-12 guys I know would work in places like Ghana, the hinterlands of China, the jungles of Indo or the frozen lands in Canada????? They for sure would work here so they could live in their own homes and be with their wives and kids???? I do know one guy who works locally and makes good money...but he is in senior management running the whole region for a big multi national.

The guys I know range from recruiters to engineers to rig mechanics. Again, I'm no expert here!!! :jap:

If interested, the OP can PM me and I can put him in contact with my friend who is in the recruiting biz....