Childrens Id Card

thaimiller

I know its been discussed before but just thought I would give you a quick rundown of my experience today. My 13 year old daughter needed to get her ID card and as she is not at school full time today due to it being exam week we decided today would be the day.

We went to Amphur Sansai as its the nearest one to us with a her birth cert, passport and family book as well as copies of the afore mentioned.

When we got there we joined a small line of kids and family obviously doing the same thing, after 10 minutes wait she had to go to the desk with her Mum and hand all the paperwork in, another 5 minutes later and they called her name and she had to have her fingerprint digitised as well as a photo taken (please note that the Child has to wear a collored shirt or blouse.) and then fill out a quick personal information form (full name, address etc). Once this was done she was told to sit down again and five minutes later her name was called to sign for her new ID.

All in less than 30 minutes and she has her new ID.

Her school did say that they will eventually take all the Kids to have the ID cards done but they were waiting for appointments and the Government is starting with the state schools so it could be some time. So its a job less for them to do. But very painless. Total cost 10thb.

Edited by thaimiller