Strange New Enforcement Detail At Jomtien Immigration

This change is in effect NOW.

I know for a fact it applies to retirement extension applications.

I don't know if it also applies to other extension applications, but I would guess probably so.

Here is the change --

You will be required to fill out by hand (not copy) TWO extension applications. Fill them out exactly the same way. Yes, I know ... BIZARRE!

You will need TWO photos, one for each of two hand written applications.

You will need TWO copies of your passport ID page.

All other normally required copies, still only ONE copy.

New management, I reckon.

Don't ask why ... just do it!

Went for my extension on tuesday, nothing different, had a copy of my rental agreement and the officer, just stamped me and never said a word. The fellow in the chair next to me had nothing and the officer just asked him next time please bring proof of address, thank you, good bye. So I think it has to do if you shoot your mouth off or just go quietly and not make waves?whistling.gif

Went for my extension on tuesday, nothing different, had a copy of my rental agreement and the officer, just stamped me and never said a word. The fellow in the chair next to me had nothing and the officer just asked him next time please bring proof of address, thank you, good bye. So I think it has to do if you shoot your mouth off or just go quietly and not make waves?whistling.gif

i was there with my nervous friend for a 90 day check in last Thursday

usual paperwork and business as usual

This topic is about applications for extensions. It is NOT about 90 day reports. Also, this topic is about Jomtien (probably also Chonburi as they are the same outfit) ONLY.

I posted it to help people at JOMTIEN going in for EXTENSION applications to be prepared for more application filling out and also to be sure to have the TWO PHOTOS, and the two copies of the passport ID page.

As I said, they are now requiring people to fill out two forms for a single extension application. Being well dressed and polite or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Edited by Jingthing

"Also, this topic is about Jomtien (probably also Chonburi as they are the same outfit) ONLY."

Since when has that stopped people posting what they want?

It's nice to get feedback from other offices in case somewhere else has similar, or different, requirements.

If your info is correct, Jomtien folks got all the info they needed from the original post.

"Also, this topic is about Jomtien (probably also Chonburi as they are the same outfit) ONLY."

Since when has that stopped people posting what they want?

It's nice to get feedback from other offices in case somewhere else has similar, or different, requirements.

If your info is correct, Jomtien folks got all the info they needed from the original post.

Not exactly.

Of course, reports of OTHER offices having this new strange requirement would be welcome.

However, it is clearly about extension applications. A poster brought up changes with 90 day reporting requirements which I feel confuses the issue, and is indeed covered on a current OTHER thread, and a number of older threads.

Edited by Jingthing

Obviously his info is correct-IT HAPPENED TO HIM!

I normally use the downloaded form from the Immigration website and complete on my PC. Is this now not allowed , or can I print 2 copies?

As long as I do not have to pay 2 application fees of 1,900 Baht I am OK with the change.

Maybe the second copy is going to another department, say BKK, to check the validity of the application and funds claimed to be at the applicant's disposal?

Edited by grahamhc

I don't see why a second PRINTED form with written signatures wouldn't be OK. However, it is pretty clear to me a COPY of the original will NOT be OK. (Actually I asked about copying it, and was told no but only from an entry clerk so not exactly gold standard.)

So we are getting into guessing why they are doing this? Well if they wanted a second copy, they could just copy it or ask for a copy along with the second photo and the passport ID page copy. Anyway, my guess is that the second form subset is for their beefed up criminal detection department which is local but connected to international agencies.

Edited by Jingthing

This topic is about applications for extensions. It is NOT about 90 day reports. Also, this topic is about Jomtien (probably also Chonburi as they are the same outfit) ONLY.

I posted it to help people at JOMTIEN going in for EXTENSION applications to be prepared for more application filling out and also to be sure to have the TWO PHOTOS, and the two copies of the passport ID page.

As I said, they are now requiring people to fill out two forms for a single extension application. Being well dressed and polite or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

All that said being true, being well dressed and polite has EVERYTHING to do with it as I have seen officers toss people out and tell them to go home and change clothes.

How absurd! This new change which I reported is in effect now and applies to ALL applicants. Well dressed ones, poorly dressed ones, polite ones, and rude ones. That is a fact.

I have already stated that exactly the same thing happened to me, as happened to Jingthing, when i applied for my non immigrant O marriage extension. They required 2 hand written forms, they did not require these last year. What is so difficult to understand

Nothing difficult. Look, if you are qualifying based on 800K baht and you show 799 baht and 99 satang you aren't getting your extension even if you are dressed in gold like the Glitterman and bow and curtsy in there for days. Rules are rules.

Nothing difficult. Look, if you are qualifying based on 800K baht and you show 799 baht and 99 satang you aren't getting your extension even if you are dressed in gold like the Glitterman and bow and curtsy in there for days. Rules are rules.

Jingthing that was not aimed at you I am supporting what you say. as regards dress i always think that it is best to make an effort when dealing with immigration. Does it make a difference? Maybe not but it shows a bit of respect.

Again I agree everything else must be in order.

Jingthing that was not aimed at you I am supporting what you say. as regards dress i always think that it is best to make an effort when dealing with immigration. Does it make a difference? Maybe not but it shows a bit of respect.

I know you weren't disagreeing. I was replying in support. Of course I also suggest people dress and act politely. But it doesn't excuse you from following the procedures.

I know you weren't disagreeing. I was replying in support. Of course I also suggest people dress and act politely. But it doesn't excuse you from following the procedures.

I think that the major thing is always the finances if you can prove the necessary and jump through a few hoops the rest is plain sailing. For one day a year is it too much trouble to make the effort?

Thanks for the info. Would someone please be so kind as to post the download link for the online versions of the application form and even the 90-day report form if it's available. I would much rather fill them out and print them then hand write them.

Thanks.

Found what I was looking for here http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf and http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Looks like you can find most of the forms in both pdf and doc format here http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Edited by Jayman

Strange!

I've seen people dressed in swimwear thrown out also people that are not nice thrown out at the old Soi 7 Pattaya and Soi 5 Jomtien, remember these people at immigration are police.

Clean and polite always takes one further then badly dressed and ugly mouthed, one is better off forgetting what they need rather then forgetting how to dress or not having respect, bring ones smarts with their paper work.

Oy! You've worn me down. How about

1. Dress OK but dressed up not required (actually clean short pants and non flip flop sandals are acceptable at Jomtien, this being a BEACH resort)

2. Don't be a raving madman (that's polite!)

3. Have your papers sorted

Personally I wear long pants, button down shirt, and non-sandal shoes for extension applications and suggest the same, but I have seen plenty of people apply in decent short pants and sandals with no apparent flak.

However, again I am sure dressing like you're attending a hiso business meeting still won't excuse you from the new enforcement detail. What's so hard about this?!? Two application forms, two photos, two passport ID pages.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

1. Dress OK but dressed up not required (actually clean short pants and non flip flop sandals are acceptable at Jomtien, this being a BEACH resort)

Personally I wear long pants, button down shirt, and non-sandal shoes for extension applications and suggest the same, but I have seen plenty of people apply in decent short pants and sandals with no apparent flak.

However, again I am sure dressing like you're attending a hiso business meeting still won't excuse you from the new enforcement detail. What's so hard about this?!? Two application forms, two photos, two passport ID pages.

Next ...

I am a bid confused now - are we talking about the dress code or about the new requirements in respect of documents?

Next ...

I am a bid confused now - are we talking about the dress code or about the new requirements in respect of documents?

Are you really confused? The topic of the thread is the new form and photo requirements. The dress thing was introduced as a side issue and obviously has no specific relation to the topic.

As in every government building, appropriate clothes are required and is normal in my opinion.

I can give you a few examples of people which were refused entry as they didn’t were any shirt.

Would you go to the city hall or government building in your home town without any shirt, I don’t think so.

For the extra set of extension papers, this must be a local thing.

Phuket only requires one set of papers for the visa extension based on retirement.

For other extensions two sets are required as those extensions are send to another office for approval. ( 1 set remains at Phuket and the other set is send away )