Nice Rolex Replicas

papaya9

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourself a favor and buy a real one. Or better yet a Breitling or Omega who at least do engraving on the back. That green holographic sticker on the back of Rolexes is pretty cheesy anti-counterfeiting protection.

:o

The problem with fakes is that is all they are. Sure you can go and buy a copy watch, but you can't swim with it, it doesn't stand the shock, and are famous for breaking quickly.

Then try to get a fake watch fixed.

Nice of these guys to answer your question. Pratunam markets or ask at puntip plaza. I had a fake TAG HEUER that worked for 4 years. Longines watches are only about Aus$550 buy real is always best. Had mine 8 years now.

post-12864-1131684720_thumb.jpg

In a post/thread on another forum someone recommended a shop called Barupa Watch Shop in the MBK shopping center. It is on the 3rd floor, opposite Valentine Music. This person bought a Rolex Daytona replica and was very happy with the shop and watch. This is ~ two year old information so I cannot be sure that the shop is still there.

I am not sure why people here feel the need to post, especially negative, insulting, critical and generally unhelpful comments, when they have no intention of helping. I'm guessing they might feel alone and neglected, with no one to talk with? No if the thread had been entitled, "What do peole think of replica watches?", or "What do people think of people who buy replica watches?, then perhaps some of these 'humorous' and inane comments would be valid?

The field of replica watches is actually quite fascinating. There are upwards of five different quality levels, with the top of the line of Japanese origin with a Swiss movement, which are generally acknowledged to keep more accurate time than the genuine model. These replicas usually match their real counterpart in looks, wieght, performance and are waterproof/resistant.

The replica watch I'd buy, a Rolex GMT Master II, would cost more than my current 5-year old Casio. A new GMT II is ~ 4,000 USD, while a decent replica is 450 USD. My Casio costs 35 USD. With a nice watch, originalor replica, I'd be worried about losing it so I default to the cheapie.

Careful...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_15878...es.strangecrime

Man jailed for fake Rolex watch

A Belgian man has been jailed for six months for wearing a fake Rolex .

A court in Dendermonde heard that the man, named only as Gunther R, 33, had been spotted by representatives of Rolex wearing the fake watch and they complained to authorities.

The judge ruled the man had knowingly bought the fake and sentenced him to six months in prison under laws for handling counterfeit goods.

He was also ordered to pay a £700 fine for breaching brand name registration laws.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YBB

In a post/thread on another forum someone recommended a shop called Barupa Watch Shop in the MBK shopping center. It is on the 3rd floor, opposite Valentine Music. This person bought a Rolex Daytona replica and was very happy with the shop and watch. This is ~ two year old information so I cannot be sure that the shop is still there.

I am not sure why people here feel the need to post, especially negative, insulting, critical and generally unhelpful comments, when they have no intention of helping. I'm guessing they might feel alone and neglected, with no one to talk with? No if the thread had been entitled, "What do peole think of replica watches?", or "What do people think of people who buy replica watches?, then perhaps some of these 'humorous' and inane comments would be valid?

The field of replica watches is actually quite fascinating. There are upwards of five different quality levels, with the top of the line of Japanese origin with a Swiss movement, which are generally acknowledged to keep more accurate time than the genuine model. These replicas usually match their real counterpart in looks, wieght, performance and are waterproof/resistant.

The replica watch I'd buy, a Rolex GMT Master II, would cost more than my current 5-year old Casio. A new GMT II is ~ 4,000 USD, while a decent replica is 450 USD. My Casio costs 35 USD. With a nice watch, originalor replica, I'd be worried about losing it so I default to the cheapie.

Anorak Watch Watcher? :o

I'm guessing they might feel alone and neglected, with no one to talk with? No if the thread had been entitled, "What do peole think of replica watches?", or "What do people think of people who buy replica watches?, then perhaps some of these 'humorous' and inane comments would be valid?

i would think that the person who buys and wears a fake rolex , and especially a fake rolex as opposed to other brands , is the person most likely to be alone and neglected , rather than the one posting the inane comments , by the very nature of the wearers obvious personal feelings of insecurity at having to wear a fake expensive wristwatch.

the subject and study of fake watches may very well be interesting to those fascinated by such minutiae , but the study of those who wear them can be even more interesting , as it can reveal so much about the wearer.

rolex , the brand , is associated for better or for worse , with wealth , thrusting dynamism , eliteness and snobbery.

if you want to know if that watch on that persons wrist is a real rolex or not , you dont even need to look at the watch , look at the haircut , or look at the shoes.

its got to the stage these days that even the owners of real rolexes keep them in the drawer these days because they dont want to be associated with birmingham mini cab drivers , yorkshire fish and chip shop owners or plumbers from moosefart , montana.

any forum query will bring forth comments helpful , funny and inane.

just scroll on down if you dont like what you read.

and dont take it all so seriously.

Edited by taxexile

No if the thread had been entitled, "What do peole think of replica watches?", or "What do people think of people who buy replica watches?, then perhaps some of these 'humorous' and inane comments would be valid?
Yep, got to agree with this.
Do yourself a favor and buy a real one

Why do that when he wants a fake one?

the subject and study of fake watches may very well be interesting to those fascinated by such minutiae , but the study of those who wear them can be even more interesting , as it can reveal so much about the wearer.

And what was it you were saying about eliteness and snobbery?

just scroll on down if you dont like what you read.

Err...and so why didn't you just do the same???

Anyway...3rd floor of MBK does have them. There are a bunch of stalls in the middle of the floor near the escalators selling make up and cosmetics. You should a couple at the end doing the same. They will even give you a short 'warranty' of 12 months maybe but don't know how reliable that is.

I've yet to see a copy of my watch.

Bought when I was rich, in Dubai DF.... :o

breitling_aerospace_patrouille.jpg

With a titanium watchband and without that crap next to the 9 & the 3.

The good thing about it is it isn't sparkly with gold or diamonds and doesn't attract unwarranted attention

BTW, I dress like a bum, ask anyone who knows me..... :D

I really like that watch, I like analog/digital/battery combos. (My Casio is analog/digigtal.) I had looked at that watch several times. The current version is not as nice as yours, the 12-3-6-9 numerals are a bit too big and are italacized.

People who have Breitlings, love them and rave about them. That particluar model is very reasonably priced and Breitlings moderately discounted, unlike other watch brands where prices and discounting are severely controlled.

There are Breitling Aerospace replicas available, but they look very bad. I suspect, given the reasonable price of an original that a decent replica isn't worth the effort?

You're better off spending 2000bt on a Seiko 5. An honest automatic watch - doesn't need batteries and will last 20 years without a service. When it's knackered throw it away and buy a new one.

Thank you for your kind responses. I appreciate it very much. Next time I'll look in these places.

My purpose for buying a replica is that a real one is ridiculously expensive, and I don't place much value on watches. If I get bored of the watch, I won't lose a bundle selling it. Plus, if I ever get robbed or I lose it, that's ok. They really are quite beautiful and by buying a replica, you are supporting people who really need the money, versus giving it to those who are terribly wealthy. Sure, they're pretentious, but its fun to see people stare at them!

Regards,

K

I have tried looking in MBK, Siam Square, and other markets in Bkk.  I thought this would be easy.  Are they all in Chinatown?  Thanks in advance,

Kurt

In MBK. Third floor? near the photo studio (across and up a little way) (maybe 50 meters). Small shop, chinese man and wife. Cheap fakes about 800 baht. "great" fakes (Seiko movement), about 1200 baht. Every make and model.

Ask about any shop in MBK and Im sure you find them.

I really like that watch, I like analog/digital/battery combos. (My Casio is analog/digigtal.) I had looked at that watch several times. The current version is not as nice as yours, the 12-3-6-9 numerals are a bit too big and are italacized.

People who have Breitlings, love them and rave about them. That particluar model is very reasonably priced and Breitlings moderately discounted, unlike other watch brands where prices and discounting are severely controlled.

There are Breitling Aerospace replicas available, but they look very bad. I suspect, given the reasonable price of an original that a decent replica isn't worth the effort?

Yes, I had a hard time finding that model 7 yrs ago, I don't like the italacized numerals either.

I have pisspoor eyesight and it a dial that's plain, large, & easy to read at a glance.

:o

You're better off spending 2000bt on a Seiko 5. An honest automatic watch - doesn't need batteries and will last 20 years without a service. When it's knackered throw it away and buy a new one.

Yep, that's exactly what I did as I got sick of the "copy automatics" being 5 minutes out after a few days. I normally give up on it (having to reset the time) or they just stop working after 12 months or so.

I think part of the problem with the copy automatics is that dust gets into them and stuffs them up. Crappy seals in them.

Not only that, the glass in the copy watches scratches easily unlike the hardend glass in others.

My Seiko auto is much better.

Cheers, BF

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

The fake Rolex watches IMO are strictly for fun. I bought one at the Night Bazaar in Chiang Mai for around 150 baht. The 'gold' on the cheap ones start to flake off and corrosion sets in pretty quick if your wrist sweats, which is likely in Thailand or any place with hot weather.

Edited by AmeriThai

Thanks Brian and Tornado. We looked almost everywhere for them in MBK and the closest we came to finding them was a trashy little booth on the third or 4th floor selling "authentic" used Rolexes. BTW, if any of you guys like Kao mun gai, it is really awesome at the eatery there (Located somewhere in the middle of the length of the place). Soooo spicy. Goes down great with Oichi honey/lemon tea! Sorry, I've just had a few drinks :o Thank all of you guys again!

Thank you for your kind responses.  I appreciate it very much.  Next time I'll look in these places.

My purpose for buying a replica is that a real one is ridiculously expensive, and I don't place much value on watches.  If I get bored of the watch, I won't lose a bundle selling it.  Plus, if I ever get robbed or I lose it, that's ok.  They really are quite beautiful and by buying a replica, you are supporting people who really need the money, versus giving it to those who are terribly wealthy.  Sure, they're pretentious, but its fun to see people stare at them! 

Regards,

K

They may look good (sort of) at first, but after a couple of months it will start to dull

down and flake. And you certainly won't lose a bundle by selling it later cos it's unlikely anyone wants a second hand fake watch :o

Tell your TG, wife etc. you are going to buy her a fake ladies Rolex

and watch for her reaction !

You can tell copies by the weight and apart from the novelty factor - pretty much useless rubbish. Rolex for the most point are jewelry which makes it even easier to pick out.

Check the touts around Nana! :o

Not true Brit.As stated before on this thread, there are various grades of copies.The number one copy is virtuly undectable from the orig.

Best place i have seen in BKK is the night market in Patpong. Down the side street that ends with a McDonalds on the corner. "Soi Patpong 1"???? ...not sure. you will never see the best stuff on display. you have to say "Taiwan" and let them know you want heavy watches. then these guys will pull out all kinds of goodies for you.

I bought a Brietling automatic that is an extremely good copy for 2000. Baht, i never wear it though, i just love the way it looks! :o

I dont have a moustache either!