Floodings In Bangkok

angeledge

This is my way to help this country to get money from my country. Now, if you have nothing smart to say, just read the post and pass by. If you have something smart to say (like answer and talk about what the post is about), you are welcome. Thank you for your help.

Well, if you look on Google you can find a list of 19 of the 20. Don't know what the elusive twentieth is.

These districts include Bang Sue, Dusit, Phra Nakhon, Sathorn, Bang Khorlaem, Yannawa, Klong Toei, Bang Plad, Bangkok Noi, Thonburi, Klongsan, Ratburana, Klong Samwa, Minburi, Nongchok, Lad Krabang, Sai Mai, Khannayao and Thawee Wattana.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1048790

To be fair though, he never said he was a news reporter or that he lived in Bangkok. He just said he needed to get some pictures and info. He could be a freelance, a researcher, any number of things. Although taking ten minutes to search on Google will provide much better answers than a forum would.

So let's answer all the questions here because I see there is some who like to speculate and thank you for the others who have a sense to help this country.

I am someone who live in Bangkok and is an English teacher. I am not asking any TV or radio I am giving an interview to pay me. I also dont have any plans in getting money from my country people and put some in my pocket. TV channels and radio stations I am giving interview ask people to give to red cross and other reliable society who will take the money safely to people who need it in Thailand.

I am not a journalist, a freelancer or a scammer. I am just someone who have the guts to speak live at TV stations and radio 3-4 times a day to give updates and true informations. It is all about using my skill to help people who need it in this country as this is the only thing I can do for them. I use to be a fireman in Canada but sadly, this situation managed so bad by people that have no knowledge that I can not do anything except what I am doing now.

Thank you for giving me accurant informations about the flooding and the district that are affected. I am going live in a few minutes and those informations was very important for me.

To be fair though, he never said he was a news reporter or that he lived in Bangkok. He just said he needed to get some pictures and info. He could be a freelance, a researcher, any number of things. Although taking ten minutes to search on Google will provide much better answers than a forum would.

It's more then likely that his search led him/her here though yes? It is usually top rated when searching, I don't understand the immediate condemnation, he/she didn't come on here asking for donations just pictures and news?

I don't understand the immediate condemnation, he/she didn't come on here asking for donations just pictures and news?

Well said :jap:

There are too many posters on TV who think that it is funny or clever to jump straight down the throats of others who ask a straight forward question.

It's more then likely that his search led him/her here though yes? It is usually top rated when searching, I don't understand the immediate condemnation, he/she didn't come on here asking for donations just pictures and news?

Yeah, I agree with you, I was just thinking out loud that it'd be probably quicker to use Google to get the answers than to stick your head into the bitter pit of joylessness that is ThaiVisa. smile.gif I wasn't condemning him personally- I took the time to google the question and gave him the answer earlier in the thread.

Anybody know what the 20th district affected is then?

Yeah, I agree with you, I was just thinking out loud that it'd be probably quicker to use Google to get the answers than to stick your head into the bitter pit of joylessness that is ThaiVisa. smile.gif I wasn't condemning him personally- I took the time to google the question and gave him the answer earlier in the thread.

Anybody know what the 20th district affected is then?

But that's a trade secret that only comes from at least an hour of comprehensive and professional thread snooping and he/she is a newbie :) ..

Could the 20th be Don Muang even though the REAL disaster has not yet thankfully and hopefully will not materialize..

Some are kind of nit picking this person for asking for assistance from his fellow man in order to help others. The ability for some to act superior rather than provide knowledge seems to far outweigh their ability to comprehend what somebody is trying to ask ...

"I would like to know the exact 20 districts that are affected by floodings
and also those that live the worse situation.
"

Very sad indeed what some people have to put up with from some posters here for simply wanting to help their fellow man.

Isn't there a ministry of information that a real journo would know about?

Seeing as the other day, one government minister said "flee bangkok - the floods are coming" and another government minister said "it's a false alarm - stay".........

........maybe - just maybe, TV is the best place to get info - from those living/working in Bangkok???

Many people take advantage of the internet to say bad things or try to act superior. At the end, all I see is a lack of self confidence and, in the case of this topic, a bit of selfishness. We all have our reasons to come here in thailand. Most of the foreigners just come to get prostitutes every night. Some other want to find the love of their life. Other one are here to live the thai adventure and some others, to help this country being better. Fortunately, this is the reason why I am here. I had the chance to be born in a pretty rich country, had a great education and no worries about natural disasters. Those knowledges and skills I gained in my country, I want to use them for the profit of honnest thai people who have not asked to be born, like us, and who live in hard situations, too often.

Any reasons you have to come here, I dont care. My point here is not to judge anyone and even less to make anyone lose the face in front of others, because this is not the way things work in reality. Still, I am very sad of the reactions some had in saying bad things on me and even on what I am doing to help the persons who need help more than ever. For those persons, why are you so cold hearted? what is the reason to have fun on people who spend many hours per days trying to help thai? Do you think you have enough power on this planet to decide of life and death, comfort or misery? One thing I know is that whatever my salary is, my status is or my bank account is, I have a responsability as a human being to use my knowledge and skill to make those who dont have the same chance I had to have a better life.

I gave another very beautiful interview this evening. and I have 2 other one tomorrow. Maybe am I going to post again on this forum because this is one of the only place I know I can have reliable informations about what is happening here and from people that live directly in the center of the crisis. I do hope that for those who had fun with this post, I made you think a bit. The situation is not fun at all and as I told in an earlier post, if you dont have anything intelligent to say, you can always press the back button instead of answering destructive and/or bad comments. Also, I do hope some that are going to read this post will think twice before judging someone he dont know. This is what I avoid to do and you should do the same. There still some good persons in this planet.

So let's answer all the questions here because I see there is some who like to speculate and thank you for the others who have a sense to help this country.

I am someone who live in Bangkok and is an English teacher.

:blink:

But to answer the question: look at Sunday's The Nation newspaper.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thank you! I will look on the nation web page tomorrow morning.

There's also a competitors English language news paper that is probably even as good as that or better in many ways but they can't be mentioned here that I know of but they're pretty well known and their initials are B P...