Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Thanon's : Hat Thai Rat - Sai Mai - Nimit Mai - KLONG SAMWA

27 Oct today, drove up HTR from Hat Thai Mit. HTM lock gate still closed, and now the water up about 30cm from yesterday. Seems they are only letting it go down stream to Minburi at a very slow pace.

No flooding along HTR left and right until almost near the top where the bridge crosses Kanchanapisek Highway. Here, villages on the right are starting to flood. Crossing the Highway, the water has started flowing across Sai Mai Rd (right outside the Western University). Straight on towards the bridge over Klong Phraya Suren, all villages on right were flooded about 1m or more. Lock gates at Klong Phraya Suren were opened at 80cm, but the water is almost up to the road level, so I guess it wont be long before the water comes and closes that road. Some officials were there to take photos and notes, but they wouldnt give any answers to local's questions, oddly........

But all this water is coming down from Klong Hok Wa.

Nimit Mai Road - no flooding until you get up to the 3-way junction at Lam Luk Ka - about 500m before, alot of water on the road, so I did a u-turn and came back. Still alot of cars and trucks traveling up and down even this evening (in fact more than usual!)

Finally, they just completed laying sandbags from Suwintawong right up Nimit Mai Rd (in the middle raised reservation part) until junction with Hat Thai Mit (where the lock gates seem to be closed on Klong Sam Wa) - seems they want to try and box in water and push it to the east of Nimit Mai.

Nimit Mai may well get flooded heavily in 1-2 days time, blocking off any escape route from Lam Luk Ka area towards the airport.

cheers

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellow Watcharapolians, we have left our house. We couldnt stand the stress of waiting. The water was pretty high in front of the 7-11 near Laddarom when we left. I don't think my Altis could have made it through without a little bit of damage. I'm pretty sure you guys live south of me on Watcharapol, so you may not have water yet coming to your village. We wish you the best. Stay safe.

Good luck Staggerlee! We are hanging on, as the water makes its inexorable journey south.....

Thanon's : Hat Thai Rat - Sai Mai - Nimit Mai - KLONG SAMWA

27 Oct today, drove up HTR from Hat Thai Mit. HTM lock gate still closed, and now the water up about 30cm from yesterday. Seems they are only letting it go down stream to Minburi at a very slow pace.

No flooding along HTR left and right until almost near the top where the bridge crosses Kanchanapisek Highway. Here, villages on the right are starting to flood. Crossing the Highway, the water has started flowing across Sai Mai Rd (right outside the Western University). Straight on towards the bridge over Klong Phraya Suren, all villages on right were flooded about 1m or more. Lock gates at Klong Phraya Suren were opened at 80cm, but the water is almost up to the road level, so I guess it wont be long before the water comes and closes that road. Some officials were there to take photos and notes, but they wouldnt give any answers to local's questions, oddly........

But all this water is coming down from Klong Hok Wa.

Nimit Mai Road - no flooding until you get up to the 3-way junction at Lam Luk Ka - about 500m before, alot of water on the road, so I did a u-turn and came back. Still alot of cars and trucks traveling up and down even this evening (in fact more than usual!)

Finally, they just completed laying sandbags from Suwintawong right up Nimit Mai Rd (in the middle raised reservation part) until junction with Hat Thai Mit (where the lock gates seem to be closed on Klong Sam Wa) - seems they want to try and box in water and push it to the east of Nimit Mai.

Nimit Mai may well get flooded heavily in 1-2 days time, blocking off any escape route from Lam Luk Ka area towards the airport.

cheers

Thanks Andy, very useful! I can see why they want to push the water East of Nimit Mai, looking on Google Earth there is a lot of farmland and not too much habitation there, so I guess it would make sense.

You think the water will make it to the 5 way intersection on Watcharaphon/Sai Mai Road?

Just wanted to share a link to the CCTV cameras around Bangkok.

They are a good source to see if a road is passable and maybe advance warning in your area.

I cannot post a link as I am a new member but i will try to make it visible

hermes.traffy

.in.th

/i/

index.php

hope it helps

http://hermes.traffy.in.th/i/

Excellent link, new guy. Welcome to Thai visa.

They are a good source to see if a road is passable and maybe advance warning in your area.

hermes.traffy

.in.th

/i/

index.php

hope it helps

Excellent link, new guy. Welcome to Thai visa.

Yes, great link, thanks. Vibhavadi Road looks bad on the CCTV

Fellow Watcharapolians, we have left our house. We couldnt stand the stress of waiting. The water was pretty high in front of the 7-11 near Laddarom when we left. I don't think my Altis could have made it through without a little bit of damage. I'm pretty sure you guys live south of me on Watcharapol, so you may not have water yet coming to your village. We wish you the best. Stay safe.

All the best to you as well.

Any news of water in the area of the 5 way intersection?

Even small town hotels are filling up with BKK people. We had to stay at a curtain hotel last night. Novel experience. :whistling:

Moved to a regular hotel today. We managed to get the best room just before some one called to ask for it.

Ban Pong, Ratchaburi

Kanchanapisek east and south sides still dry

Phetkasem also dry.

Anybody know if Khannayao is seeing flooding yet? No Thai PBS in the hotel

hermes.traffy

.in.th

/i/

index.php

hope it helps

Thanks, great link!

If you like links, please see my daily favourites below. I am not sure if they have been posted before....

http://dds.bangkok.go.th/canal/ - flood gate levels, pity they don't include all khlongs too, click on the one nearest you.

http://thairainmap.com/ - this is an interesting one, but I am not sure how often its updated

http://flood.gistda.or.th/ - zoom in on this one to where you are, it has changed daily but it does not mean the whole amphore is completely flooded ( in all cases) just that some of it is.

http://traffic.thai.net/ - this is similar to the previous one posted, but it shows goegraphically where each camera is, so, for me, its more useful (click on the camera symbol to see the web cam. The route indications of traffic density are great to check before you go into the bowels of babngkok for an evening ( the 22nd entry down in the right hand drop down box gives you traffic in english - with cameras and flooded areas where relevant).

Happy surfing (sorry poor taste)!

hermes.traffy

.in.th

/i/

index.php

hope it helps

Thanks, great link!

If you like links, please see my daily favourites below. I am not sure if they have been posted before....

http://dds.bangkok.go.th/canal/ - flood gate levels, pity they don't include all khlongs too, click on the one nearest you.

http://thairainmap.com/ - this is an interesting one, but I am not sure how often its updated

http://flood.gistda.or.th/ - zoom in on this one to where you are, it has changed daily but it does not mean the whole amphore is completely flooded ( in all cases) just that some of it is.

http://traffic.thai.net/ - this is similar to the previous one posted, but it shows goegraphically where each camera is, so, for me, its more useful (click on the camera symbol to see the web cam. The route indications of traffic density are great to check before you go into the bowels of babngkok for an evening ( the 22nd entry down in the right hand drop down box gives you traffic in english - with cameras and flooded areas where relevant).

Happy surfing (sorry poor taste)!

Thairainmap has not updated for a few weeks.

Flood barrier has just breached on the south side of the Mahasawat canal. Water is pouring onto the Suan Phak road directly underneath the Rachapruk fly over. This is the first major flooding I have seen on the southern side of the Mahasawat canal. I have been checking the area hourly.

Day/Night report for Prawet Police station (Just off Thanon On-Nut, first soi west of Eastern Outer ring-road) (Chalermprakern 9 - 13.724398,100.698001)

Moobans that normally flood with 20 minutes of heavy rain - Dry.

But - canal is higher, some of the illegal houses stretching over the edge of the canal slight flooding - 10cm.

Houses built along the railway line (again nominally below water table, pumping after light rain needed) - dry.

Cheers

PS. However one of my neighbours is nominally in charge of khlong maintenance for Prawet District - and he had a moving van out the front yesterday, shifting out the ground floor furniture..... and we both have 1.5m elevation from the street ohmy.gif

Edited by airconsult

From my condo I can see water on Praram 3 outbound side on the street near the intersection with the industrial ring road. Looks like traffic is only using the inside two lanes (of 4) and splashing water. This is first time for this. It looks like the road clears up after the intersection. The river looks higher this morning than yesterday, and still 20 minutes to high tide. I'm going on a walkabout soon, and will update if I see anything else or can be more specific.

Happy to see that the "Worst Case Scenario" that some alarmists have forecast hasn't come true.

Central Bangkok remains bone dry. Areas that were predicted to flood, such as Lad Phrao, Chatujak, Mor Chit, etc are still dry.

And the water is already receding in many areas- when I crossed the Rattanatibet bridge last Sunday October 23rd the road (302) was impassable to the west of the bridge.

Oct27BkkFloodRtBrdgMpSSR.jpg

The Chao Phraya has flooded its banks here on both sides. Views from the bridge-

Oct27BkkFloodRtBrdg1SSR.jpg

Oct27BkkFloodRtBrdgSSR.jpg

On the 23rd you couldn't go west of the bridge. It looked like this:

Oct23FloodTour1SSR.jpg

Yesterday it was dry until the junction with Bang Kruai Sai Noi Road (3215).

Oct27BkkFlood302BKSNSSR.jpg

Bang Keuai Sai Noi road is still flooded, but vehicles can get through-

Oct27BkkFloodBKSNSSR.jpg

The water got deeper as I continued west on the 302 / Rattanatibet. I was trying to reach the Western Outer Ring Road (Kanchanapisek)(Highway9).

Oct27BkkFloodBBTSSR.jpg

Well, I made it (on foot) ;)

Looking south:

Oct27BkkFloodWRRSSSR.jpg

Looking north:

Oct27BkkFloodWRRNSSR.jpg

Looking east:

Oct27BkkFloodVsySSR.jpg

4:00 pm Still Dry:

Ratchadapisek, at least as far north as Ratchayothin intersection

Lad Prao

Jatujak

Saphan Kwai

Sutthisan

Flooded:

Phayonhothin Road is dry going north until the Big C at Soi 50 (Soi 69/3), where minor flooding starts. Most of the traffic is turning around here, but some is still continuing north.

------------------------------

I am in Lad Prao....Soi 42 Ladprakhao Road...

confirm no flooding, street dry, and sun shining at 8:00 a.m. 28 October.

:D

P.S. just to add...

last couple of days we have been getting strong sewage smell occasionally from drains...which I interpret as meaning the ground is saturated and sewer gas is therefore venting back out of sewage system/septic tanks.

No water yet though...maybe we will be lucky?

Edited by IMA_FARANG

post-132703-0-31394900-1319766019_thumb.post-132703-0-50460100-1319766008_thumb.post-132703-0-25352500-1319765998_thumb.

As I walk around my condo this morning I see that the water on Praram 3 road near the intersection with the Industrial Ring Road looks pretty localized here. Small sois that run between Prarm 3 and the river are flooding and dumping water onto the main road. The drains in the main road are taking this water, however, so any problem is just a round a flooding soi. All lanes are passable in most areas.

Drainage here is a little puzzling. The flooding in the ski next to me is from water bubbling up through a drain, but it is drained away when it gets to the main road. A drain in front of my condo is bubbling water pretty strongly, but the water is running down and right into a street drain which is at a lower elevation; curious.

The river level is high this morning, but not alarmingly so. The top of the river marker pictured is about level with the top of sand bags, which are about 1/2 meter above the top of the permanent wall.

Yesterday thaiflood.com pointed the WANG THONG LANG district (just south of Lardprao) to be "affected". Anybody can confirm this? Then this morning, on the news, reports suggested Lardprao was also being "affected".

I live on Larprao 71 and saw nothing this morning.

Am thinking about leaving my car at my office building tonight. But then, that's a bummer.