Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live near big c on Soi 26 and Rama 4. Fireworks have been going off sporadically in the last half hour. Is this a flood warning?

I am on Thong Lor and I just heard fireworks too. Only two small bangs.

Here in Khet Dusit I hear soft and loud bangs almost every evening/night. I tend to ignore them by now. Anyway check the news, twitter and the like, seems a bit more reliable.

Oohps, forgot: still dry here along NakhonChaisri/PhiChai.

Edited by rubl

Anyone know if Rama 2 Bankhuntien area is in for a major inundation?

Locals and family all think it's unlikely we will be badly affected but who knows.

Any advise is appreciated.

PNM

I took a look at Klong Prakanong at Onnut Soi 17 at 5.30pm today and it was about 60cm from the top, the same as two days earlier. Current quite fast but no different from before. Hopefully that means the huge pumping station at the end of it is working well and conteracting the high tide. My moobaan backs on to the klong.

A friend wants to get a normal "van" from Victory M to Saraburi (a relative is sick).

I am presuming that the direct route north out of town is dicey. My friend says that Army trucks give free rides in flooded sections, but it seems to me that Saraburi would mean going through Rangsit and Ayutthaya and so would be impossible by bus or "van".

Any advice? Does anybody know this trip? Are any vans running north from VM?

(I am also concerned that my friend could be stranded and unable to return in 2-3 days)

Thx

Eddy

I don't think your friend can get there that way to begin with.

Best (maybe only) option is to take Motorway to 314 (just before Chonburi) then onto 304 east at Chachengsao (turns into 319) into Prachinburi, dead ends at 33, from there, head west intoi Nakhion Nayok and onward to rt 1 and Sarab uri.

If he is reliant on public transport (as it sounds like) his best bet is to go to the airport (Swampy) public transport center and from there, they may have buses routed to end up near where he wants to go, if not, will certainly have buses to Chonburi, and from Chonburi can get buses onward although probably have to change several times.

Locals and family all think it's unlikely we will be badly affected but who knows.

PNM

Well, Nonthaburi and Thonburi is just north of you. Look at a map.

I'd say there is a good chance you will see water. How much? Who knows?

Buddy of mine lives on Rama II as well. Not sure where. He put his car on 80cm blocks and the land is 1meter above street level.

PNM

The map presented by Dr Seri of Rangsit U Disaster Prevention Dept shows Bang Khuntian as having a risk of 50 to 100 cm of flooding.

post-23829-0-56916100-1319640619_thumb.j

Just went along Vip-Rangsit (from Din Daeng direction) to the U-turn at Don Muang. Not one bit of water to see.

The Army are outside IT Square right now.

Klong Plem just starting to flood when I went up there today. By the VW Showroom on Vibhavadi.

DM tollway now free because of closures on Vibhavadi. .

A friend wants to get a normal "van" from Victory M to Saraburi (a relative is sick).

I am presuming that the direct route north out of town is dicey. My friend says that Army trucks give free rides in flooded sections, but it seems to me that Saraburi would mean going through Rangsit and Ayutthaya and so would be impossible by bus or "van".

(I am also concerned that my friend could be stranded and unable to return in 2-3 days)

Thx

Eddy

Best (maybe only) option is to take Motorway to 314 (just before Chonburi) then onto 304 east at Chachengsao (turns into 319) into Prachinburi, dead ends at 33, from there, head west intoi Nakhion Nayok and onward to rt 1 and Sarab uri.

If he is reliant on public transport (as it sounds like) his best bet is to go to the airport (Swampy) public transport center and from there, they may have buses routed to end up near where he wants to go, if not, will certainly have buses to Chonburi, and from Chonburi can get buses onward although probably have to change several times.

I just nioted that there is a bus from Swampy to Nong Khai, sure to pass through Korat and from there he can easily get a bus or van to Saraburi.

Bus number r 825 SA call 02-576-5599 for info

I live near big c on Soi 26 and Rama 4. Fireworks have been going off sporadically in the last half hour. Is this a flood warning?

I am on Thong Lor and I just heard fireworks too. Only two small bangs.

I have since found out that the firewords are for a Divali celebration. Apologies if I spelled that incorrectly.

Appreciate your suggestion - yes should have looked at a map.

Our place is about 1.8m above street level so the cars should be safe.

It is going to be an interesting few days, weeks, months (blink.gif) ahead.

All the best to everyone.

PNM

PNM

Well, Nonthaburi and Thonburi is just north of you. Look at a map.

I'd say there is a good chance you will see water. How much? Who knows?

Buddy of mine lives on Rama II as well. Not sure where. He put his car on 80cm blocks and the land is 1meter above street level.

If it is of interest: the square Narathiwas/ Surawongse/ Lumpini/ SalaDaeng (aka Patpong) ...still dry!

Good luck everyone...I don't know about you, but I am strangely kind of "reliefed" that the wait may be over....

Edited by DocN

Much Appreciated.

I've been saying to the wife that we will be covered by 1m of water - have been considered an alarmist.

Well Bangkhuntian will be rather wet.

PNM

The map presented by Dr Seri of Rangsit U Disaster Prevention Dept shows Bang Khuntian as having a risk of 50 to 100 cm of flooding.

post-23829-0-56916100-1319640619_thumb.j

Thx

Eddy

Thanks Cheryl

I just nioted that there is a bus from Swampy to Nong Khai, sure to pass through Korat and from there he can easily get a bus or van to Saraburi.

Bus number r 825 SA call 02-576-5599 for info

THX AGAIN, will check it out, but I think it may be a long haul to go into Isaan and then come back down. I think that part of the plan is to go into Ayutthaya to collect another relative, although I have advised against that! Edited by pauleddy

22.19 Water fastly overflows Klong 2 water gate in Sai Mai lockerz.com/s/150445809 (via @Kitti3Miti & @momtum ) #thaifloodeng

those living at south of Sai Mai and the Watcharapolians, my mo baan security just informed that water would come after midnight :-( they will close the gate of the mo baan with sandbag, if anyone considers to leave, RUN NOW.

it matches to the TV live update #171 quoted above, and I checked the road drain ( sewage drain ) water level just raised from -20cm below yesterday to -10cm below now.

let's prepare and good luck !!

I just drove from Pratunam to Pattaya via Motorway (7pm to 9pm). Not much traffic. All dry. Also, even though the hotel staff greeted me with "also fleeing from the water?" when they saw my home address is Bangkok, the city looks empty. I guess most people took a flight somewhere.

We want to run tonight, as well. Anybody know what the situation is with taking Kanchanapisek East to SOuth/Petchkasem?

Is Huahin and/or Cha-Am full? Alternately Kanchanaburi?

Kanchanapisek from Borom to PetchKasem is fine, north of Borom is blocked.

PetchKasem south looks fine just came from there however there was some traffic because cars were parked all over the bridges.

If going south I recommend taking Kanchanapisek all the way to Rama II.