Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramintra in front of Foodland almost impassable now. The soi next to Foodland is flush with the parking lot....must be over a meter deep. Water now about 25-30 cms in front of Narasiri at Watcharaphon.

Edited by tominbkk

The water level in Lat Krabang, which was only on the fields, has receded!!! :blink:

Chao Khun Tahaan a connection between Rom Klao and Chalongkrung (on which the Ind. estate is located)is free of water where last week is was just passable for regular cars

Guess it's time to put the snorkel back in the suitcase

The water level in Lat Krabang, which was only on the fields, has receded!!! :blink:

Chao Khun Tahaan a connection between Rom Klao and Chalongkrung (on which the Ind. estate is located)is free of water where last week is was just passable for regular cars

Thanks for the good news, but the question is: Why is the water receding?

If it is because some water gates have been opened or closed, the trend can reverse at any time.

I am asking because I have business in Lat Krabang Industrial Estate (currently abandoned), and I want to know when I can get back in. I think I'd better wait a little longer.

If it is because some water gates have been opened or closed, the trend can reverse at any time.

I am asking because I have business in Lat Krabang Industrial Estate (currently abandoned), and I want to know when I can get back in. I think I'd better wait a little longer.

No need to wait, you can get in, the gates were never closed.

Our company is one out of 23 of 225 that decided to stay and for the past three weeks have not regretted this decision. The Estate Authority keeps us informed on a daily bases, of course we know that the information varied between 50 cm, 3.0 meter, LK will be flooded residents and companies are advised to move and the latest LK is safe...

Nobody knows, it's a gamble and for the past three weeks it paid out..

I think the governors 'decision' to let the flow past the west was a help and than of course the airport being next to Lat Krabang, they are pumping like crazy to keep it dry that must be of some influence.

I, living in Ayutthaya, am still convinced the water that has receded in Ayutthaya and surrounding areas over the past weekend still has to go somewhere and I am sure the west cannot handle it all.

Anyway what will happen nobody knows and neither do I, but looking at the current situation keeping in mind that Suvarnabhumi is around the corner I do not expect the IE to see any serious water..

No need to wait, you can get in, the gates were never closed.

Our company is one out of 23 of 225 that decided to stay and for the past three weeks have not regretted this decision. The Estate Authority keeps us informed on a daily bases, of course we know that the information varied between 50 cm, 3.0 meter, LK will be flooded residents and companies are advised to move and the latest LK is safe...

Nobody knows, it's a gamble and for the past three weeks it paid out..

I think the governors 'decision' to let the flow past the west was a help and than of course the airport being next to Lat Krabang, they are pumping like crazy to keep it dry that must be of some influence.

I, living in Ayutthaya, am still convinced the water that has receded in Ayutthaya and surrounding areas over the past weekend still has to go somewhere and I am sure the west cannot handle it all.

Anyway what will happen nobody knows and neither do I, but looking at the current situation keeping in mind that Suvarnabhumi is around the corner I do not expect the IE to see any serious water..

Thanks for the info and for your assessment. Very much appreciated.

As of 7:30 a.m. this morning, the road from the intersection next to the Taling Chan District Office going toward the railroad tracks was flooded.

Did not appear that small cars could get through.

The railroad tracks and parallel road were dry.

However the road leading from the tracks to the Taling Chan police station was also flooded and impassable for small vehicles.

<br />Ramintra in front of Foodland almost impassable now.  The soi next to Foodland is flush with the parking lot....must be over a meter deep.  Water now about 25-30 cms in front of Narasiri at Watcharaphon.<br />[/quotebr /><br /><br />

Thanks for the update Tom. I know the soi beside Foodlnand well as my wife has a business in that soi. The shopfront is up over road level but we did nothing to protect it. I now fear the ground floor of the shophouse must be flooded or close to being flooded. You say the water outside your moo baan is now 25-30 cms, are you going to leave? I'm glad i moved to a downtown condo and my kids are not near the flood. We are ready to flee downtown if i see even 1 inch of water as I don't want my kids exposed to any of it.

By the way is anyone experiencing very slow internet speed? For the last 2 days my speed has dropped tremendously. Before my rapid fire adsl was fine now it is as slow or slower than old fashioned dial-up connections.

OHCANUCK, I have also noticed a significant drop in internet speed over the last couple of days on my TOT ADSL line. Not quite to dial up speeds, but streaming video which was ok is now unwatchable. With the number of people who have left Bangkok, the speeds should have actually increased as more bandwidth should've been available tot he remaining users. But, then, this is Thailand. BTW, I am in the Sukhumvit 93 area.

Thanks for the update Tom. I know the soi beside Foodlnand well as my wife has a business in that soi. The shopfront is up over road level but we did nothing to protect it. I now fear the ground floor of the shophouse must be flooded or close to being flooded. You say the water outside your moo baan is now 25-30 cms, are you going to leave? I'm glad i moved to a downtown condo and my kids are not near the flood. We are ready to flee downtown if i see even 1 inch of water as I don't want my kids exposed to any of it. By the way is anyone experiencing very slow internet speed? For the last 2 days my speed has dropped tremendously. Before my rapid fire adsl was fine now it is as slow or slower than old fashioned dial-up connections.

There's a little water in my village now, but it's because of a broken pump, which they are trying to fix, or are going to replace, soon.

My internet is blazingly fast, nobody else close to me using it right now I guess, lol.

I'll be taking off to Town in Town if things get much worse....

Report from my travels this morning, using Bus 63 from Pantip Ngamwongwan to TMB Bank via Phahonyothin.

Again Phongphet and Chinnakhet areas well flooded, a little bit of water further up outside Khlong Prem Prison. Over the bridge to Kasetsart, on the other side it is flooded quite badly but only on one side of the road, the side where Kaset is. At the junction to turn into Phahonyothin Road in the direction of Major Rachayothin there is some water, down to Soi 36 but no further at the moment.

Realized last night that have to do 90 day report on Monday 7th. Anybody know a good way to go to Immi Div 1 now that Cheang Wattana is flooded? I cannot do by post, different address, post service possibly flooded etc.

Or is it better to go to Chamchuri Sq? Allowed according to this:

edit: no, cannot. have to go to Suan Phlu. Thai spouse.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

impressive pictures, thanks!

Thought I would share what Pinehurst Golf Course (North Course) looks like these days. I took these from a small boat a few days ago. Gonna be a while before we can play there again.

http://www.taladthai.com/pinehurst/

...don't think that water trap is PGA regulation. Also on topic, only one official is commenting on the water mass from Sukothai, almost large as that from Ayuttayah, and predicts flooding in western Bangkok, including our Bangbon and Bangkhae""The water is flowing down to the western zone without any flood barrier," Plodprasob said. He believed that the house of Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung, which is in Bang Bon, would be flooded as well.". Yesterday, several flooded spots in Bangbon as reported. Today, some ankle deep near Pekasem and Bangbon 3.

Edited by FangFerang

OHCANUCK, I have also noticed a significant drop in internet speed over the last couple of days on my TOT ADSL line. Not quite to dial up speeds, but streaming video which was ok is now unwatchable. With the number of people who have left Bangkok, the speeds should have actually increased as more bandwidth should've been available tot he remaining users. But, then, this is Thailand. BTW, I am in the Sukhumvit 93 area.

I have True landline internet, and it has been sluggish from time to time. There have been times when this board wouldn't load.

My wife was able to call Switzerland using Fring on my cheap little Chinese tablet. The call was fine.

I just came from Villa and tried using my California debit card. It processed for over one minute before approval came through.

Report from my travels this morning, using Bus 63 from Pantip Ngamwongwan to TMB Bank via Phahonyothin.

Again Phongphet and Chinnakhet areas well flooded, a little bit of water further up outside Khlong Prem Prison. Over the bridge to Kasetsart, on the other side it is flooded quite badly but only on one side of the road, the side where Kaset is. At the junction to turn into Phahonyothin Road in the direction of Major Rachayothin there is some water, down to Soi 36 but no further at the moment.

Attached are pix from the saphan in front of Infantry 11.

One is looking towards Saphan Mai, the other is looking back towards Kaset.

The water now extends beyond the start of the saphan over Sena. I'm sorry that I don't have a photo of Kaset.

Going the other way, it's passed 36 and was at 34 / whatever.

I assume you noticed that traffic was not good, and that one really should drive or take a taxi or minivan, not a bus.

I thought that the saphan was like a Stargate. One moment the water is higher than the bottom of the door to the van, then you start up the saphan and are dry, and come down onto dry streets. The contrast was that great.

What TMB branch do you go to?

post-32175-0-66797900-1320119351_thumb.j

post-32175-0-08369300-1320119353_thumb.j

Any news of Central lad Prao going down to Sutthisan past Thai Air//or direction Ratchadapisek MRT? I live Vipavadee Soi 16.

100% dry, nothing to worry about.

So now that the high tide has been and gone, masses of water are flowing out to sea as we speak? Is that the deal? Are they taking measures to increase the flow?

Self confessed flood non-expert here.

The PM announced yesterday that the worst is over. However, that related to flood created by the high tide.

The floods created by the runoff from the north will reach Bangkok next weekend or so. In my self-confessed non-expert opinion.

was it not 7 days ago Dong Muang get flooded

now its about 7 miles south so 1 mile a day from the north and from the west it go about half a mile a day

so slow but steady going and still many more water to come from the north

I'm afraid this will take long time and if not for end this month we get new problems cause the high tides then will be even higher then we had now.

One thing I've learned is that the water does not move at a steady pace. It dawdled at Big C and then Tesco Lotus. Then it jumped overnight all the way from Ramintra to Ngam Wong Wan and flooded Kaset. Now it's dragging its feet again and hasn't even reached Sena.

This is still Halloween in parts of the world, so I'll paraphrase H.P. Lovecraft: It's not what [the floods] have done (arrive); it's what they're going to do (rise)!

I'm no longer concerned about when my feet will get wet so much as when/if I'll have to wear shorts.

Fortune tellers, your time has come!

Can someone give me an update on Nonthaburi please, my gf lives on 6 Soi Tansamrit 14, Tiwanon road. She says she is ok, but I think she is being generous as I have current health issues and she does not wish to put me under any more stress. Had to cancel my flight in November due to these issues.

Would really appreciate the feedback.

If every one could update this map of thier own areas and journeys- it should help all know exactly the state of play ..

now on facebook too:

apps.facebook.com/bkkflood/

or

as-int.com/flood/

Edited by metisdead
Font resized.

was it not 7 days ago Dong Muang get flooded

now its about 7 miles south so 1 mile a day from the north and from the west it go about half a mile a day

so slow but steady going and still many more water to come from the north

I'm afraid this will take long time and if not for end this month we get new problems cause the high tides then will be even higher then we had now.

One thing I've learned is that the water does not move at a steady pace. It dawdled at Big C and then Tesco Lotus. Then it jumped overnight all the way from Ramintra to Ngam Wong Wan and flooded Kaset. Now it's dragging its feet again and hasn't even reached Sena.

This is still Halloween in parts of the world, so I'll paraphrase H.P. Lovecraft: It's not what [the floods] have done (arrive); it's what they're going to do (rise)!

I'm no longer concerned about when my feet will get wet so much as when/if I'll have to wear shorts.

Fortune tellers, your time has come!

"is not dead what forever sleep" ...not sure of the translation in english as i read translated versions...but HP lovecraft definitly known what had to happen..Soon the mighty Cthuluh will rise to trample Bkk...By the way Lad Phrao 87 and Town in Town still dry

maybe signal travels slower when wet?