Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I am following North-Eastern side of Ratchada - Suttisarn closely as I live near by

The sois straight east of Chao Phraya Hotel on Ratchadaphisek Rd toward Latprao 48 are slowly flooding, I drive the sois every morning and evening to monitor.

The flooding increase stadily but not with more than 7-8 cm per 24 hours since Friday morning. Monday morning 3-4 cm up compared to Sunday evening

from the north west:

if anything water at the PY subway entrance may have dropped a scintilla

water on Lad Prao between Rachada and Phahon Yothin may be up a scintilla

water on my soi (Soi 8) was knee deep at the mouth around 4 this afternoon (that's up!)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[attachment=150242:2011-11-07 16.38.12.jpg

i am standing right under the number 9 , looking up khu bon if you keep going you would get to ramintra, khu bon is closed,

my school is now the one with the problem and the water is heading towards fashion, but still has about 1 km to go before it gets there,

on a personal not , i am getting p... off with all this, just a bad day for me. good luck every one, opps ps i think it was Sheryl asked about the 305, to nakyon niyok , tonight coming back on the number 9 , the road was clear to carry on to the 305,

Yep, it was me, thanks!

From a still dry part of Bangkok, khet Dusit:

Walking along PhiChai rd. over khlong SamSen (still low level, flow a bit faster than normal maybe), turn into Sukhothai rd. till SamSen rd. turn right. Over khlong SamSen again (at this point a meter or two higher things wouldn't flood, but a bit further inside maybe). Sukhothai Palace looked as normal, no flood defences to be seen, also not through the slightly opened gates. Shops on the river site of SamSen seem to have much less private, hastily build floodwall than on the other site. Quality of walls varying from solid, meter high to nothing at all. This being Thailand I may be excused to wonder how the backside looks.

Turning into NaknonChaisri rd. towards Payap pier along the river. Close to the river the first wet spots, water pumped from soi SiKhan (?) into the drains. Approach to the pier is higher, pier itself slightly flooded and floating part way up.

Back along NakhonChaisri past SamSen rd. Life as normal. Lots of people walking, sitting along the road eating (about 6PM). Also as usual in my one hour walk I don't think I've seen another farang.

Back home, now wet feet to cool them and a beer :)

Edited by rubl

Flooding now at Bang Bon behind Central Rama II.

How far Behind Central Rama II?

100 meter? 1 km? 5km?

Can anyone confirm? Because Rama II is the last link between BKK & the entire South.

Should have taken Thaksin advise and built the over-the-sea elevated road from BKK all the way to Phetburi (BangKhunTian to ChaAm if I remember correctly). We don't have to worry now.

It is still about 2 km from Central Rama 2. It hasn't crossed Ekachai yet, from what I can see, although it has crossed Kallaprapruek.

Bonobo - where has it crossed Kallaprapruek? Is Kallaprapruek now completely blocked to traffic?

It was still passable this morning. Most of the flooding to the south was crossing the road via the klongs, then spreading out. However, reading some of the other posts, it looks like that may no longer be the case.

Just returned from Keha Rom Klao (inbetween Minburi & Latkrabang) I wondered what the hold up with the traffic was, while filtering thru i noticed a huge crane on the bridge that crosses the khlong there, the Government were lowering a huge cargo container into it! I'll pop back tomorrow and take a photo. It's a desperate attempt at stopping the water passing thru to the Latkrabang area, it's industrial estates and of course Suvanabhumi airport.

The water level has steadily been rising beside Rom Klao Road and along Minburi's main road for the past week and within the last two days water has started to inundate Keha Rom Klao again (Rom Klao Village) which is somewhat higher than poor Minburi and Suwintawong Road.

Edited by karlos

Just returned from Keha Rom Klao (inbetween Minburi & Latkrabang) I wondered what the hold up with the traffic was, while filtering thru i noticed a huge crane on the bridge that crosses the khlong there, the Government were lowering a huge cargo container into it! I'll pop back tomorrow and take a photo. It's a desperate attempt at stopping the water passing thru to the Latkrabang area, it's industrial estates and of course Suvanabhumi airport.

The water level has steadily been rising beside Rom Klao Road and along Minburi's main road for the past week and within the last two days water has started to inundate Keha Rom Klao again (Rom Klao Village) which is somewhat higher than poor Minburi and Suwintawong Road.

That makes sense ... If Big Bags work well then Big Containers will work better. Next we'll see them dropping Barges on the roads!

hello everyone, we have to go from Pattaya to Sukothai this Thu with 2 4WD pickups, thanks to Jumbo we know that up to Ayuthaya it seems to be ok, does anyone know how is the Road 32 between Ayuthaya and Angthong?

Thanks for your kind information

Mag&Uli

Get a Thai speaker to call 1664 or 1193 and ask for a safe route to your destination. The Highway Dept. (Police?) has a call center where the operators have up-to-date information about which roads are passable and which are flooded. If you want the Highway numbers, 304, 11, etc. you will need to ask for them specifically, otherwise they will just give you a list of destinations as shown on the Highway signs (Chonburi to Chachoensao to Bang Whatever to Nakhon Nowhere, etc...)

many schools are scheduled to re-open December 6 now. It went like this from first hand info via sms, November 21 and five minutes later December 6.

The way my school is flooded and the way the water recedes, it is very doubtful that my school can open on the 21st. December 6th is more realistic.

Re: the Most Inner of Inner Bangkok

Just walked up and studied the San Saeb canal as it goes under soi 3 Nana. It is raging, do it's best to carry all that west Pathum Thani/Lumluka run off westward to the Chao. About 18 inches below where it would flood. River tax running.

From a still dry part of Bangkok, khet Dusit:

Walking along PhiChai rd. over khlong SamSen (still low level, flow a bit faster than normal maybe), turn into Sukhothai rd. till SamSen rd. turn right. Over khlong SamSen again (at this point a meter or two higher things wouldn't flood, but a bit further inside maybe). Sukhothai Palace looked as normal, no flood defences to be seen, also not through the slightly opened gates. Shops on the river site of SamSen seem to have much less private, hastily build floodwall than on the other site. Quality of walls varying from solid, meter high to nothing at all. This being Thailand I may be excused to wonder how the backside looks.

Turning into NaknonChaisri rd. towards Payap pier along the river. Close to the river the first wet spots, water pumped from soi SiKhan (?) into the drains. Approach to the pier is higher, pier itself slightly flooded and floating part way up.

Back along NakhonChaisri past SamSen rd. Life as normal. Lots of people walking, sitting along the road eating (about 6PM). Also as usual in my one hour walk I don't think I've seen another farang.

Back home, now wet feet to cool them and a beer :)

Many thanks, rubl, for the account of your walk. Just before reading it I was on the phone to my wife who's cooling her heels in Pattaya. She's from Soi Si Kham off Nakhon Chaisri and is keen to relocate there to spend time with her family.

She evacuated herself from our housing estate in Phra Rama V in Nonthaburi 2 weeks ago and is very "bon" (i.e. bored). Her family is encouraging her to return saying that there's no water in their soi, so off she'll trot in another day or two. She thinks that the water has somehow been held back as a result of the palace being just around the corner. Surprising to hear that no flood defences have been erected there.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation that Talat Sriyan is a dry area. I'm in Bahrain so hardly in a position to check the conditions there for myself. I've learnt over the years to take her family's observations of situations with a grain of salt or two, so the account from an independent set of eyes is very welcome.

I know tollways are currently free, but can motorcycles go onto tollways at the moment?

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing last week, or will we have to continue to use flooded pothole riddled road to get to our destinations?? :(

I live on Kallapapruek and it's NOT flooded...There is about 30 cm of water in soi Kamnanmen though.

Thanks.

It wasn't flooded this morning, but another poster wrote a boat would be needed to get down the road.

I live on the road as well, and I will try to get into town in the morning, so I will report then what I find.

nor sure if this is help to anyone. Found this quote from a person re journey north from airport. This is not me but from a person travelling last night

'I just drove back north on the motorway from Suvabhumi Airport. At the Lam Lukka Rangsit toll booth traffic was backed up for over 2 hours. The water was do deep at the tollbooth that it went inside the doors of my truck. 100's of vehicles flooded and stranded, people walking on the highway in the dark. NOT ONE POLICEMEN to warn motorists the water was too deep for passenger cars to drive in. NO WARNING SIGNS, NOTHING. This is just plain poor crisis managing. No lights at all either.'

Edited by Scott
format

Sorry for the quality...

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=ULv

Mo Chit BTS, Ratchada MRT and Pahonyotin MRT stations. Sat 05 Nov around 3-4pm.

Going again today, will post another video tonight. Curious to see how much more water got there.

This is Sunday 06 Nov, 2-4pm. Same locations.

Monday 07 Nov, 11am-1pm. Same area.

Might get to go on a boat today and see north of there...

Does anyone know about the status of highway 9 between Bang Pa In- Pak Kred Highway and Bang Pa In intersection or Highway 347??

I’d like to find an alternate route to Ayutthaya

Or the status of Kanchanapisek exit Ram Intra heading Bang Pa In, is the through traffic still blocked?

Update on Lat Krabang Industrial Estate;

Water has shown up on the back entrance (being reinforced) just 20 cm but Friday there was no water in sight. Part of Chalongkrung between the entrance of the estate and Suwinthawong/Nong Chok are under water 5-20 cm, coming out from the drainage/sewer and depending on exact location

The rice paddy’s adjacent to the road are all peaking at the road and need a few cm

to run over…

It’s a matter of time I guess…

nor sure if this is help to anyone. Found this quote from a person re journey north from airport. This is not me but from a person travelling last night

[/font]

'I just drove back north on the motorway from Suvabhumi Airport. At the Lam Lukka Rangsit toll booth traffic was backed up for over 2 hours. The water was do deep at the tollbooth that it went inside the doors of my truck. 100's of vehicles flooded and stranded, people walking on the highway in the dark. NOT ONE POLICEMEN to warn motorists the water was too deep for passenger cars to drive in. NO WARNING SIGNS, NOTHING. This is just plain poor crisis managing. No lights at all either.'

Wow, I have passed that tollgate on the other side 3 times the past 1,5 week and to me it seemed the water was subsiding other than increasing....passenger cars?? haven't seen any of them as well because water is around 20-30 cm or perhaps more in that area in some parts

Another warning for people who want to drive on Highway's 9 and 32, a lot of people (and wandering dogs) still have temp housing on these roads, especially near elevated parts like bridges and fly overs and the road narrows significantly at these points. Also lots of parked cars and some against the central part of the road!!!

And street- or road lighting is not functioning on huge stretches...

Be careful out there!!

[/font]

Wow, I have passed that tollgate on the other side 3 times the past 1,5 week and to me it seemed the water was subsiding other than increasing....passenger cars?? haven't seen any of them as well because water is around 20-30 cm or perhaps more in that area in some parts

Another warning for people who want to drive on Highway's 9 and 32, a lot of people (and wandering dogs) still have temp housing on these roads, especially near elevated parts like bridges and fly overs and the road narrows significantly at these points. Also lots of parked cars and some against the central part of the road!!!

And street- or road lighting is not functioning on huge stretches...

Be careful out there!!

morning all

it was all getting a bit much for yesterday , so day off work me thinks today.

anyway good news lam luk ka khlong 4 down again 2 cm yesterday thats 12 cm in 6 days, can almost ride my super scooter out of the complex now.

but i still went this morning to take my friend to fashion island, down the number 9, flooding is coming on to the motorway now, but easy to go round it , ie not bad ,

at fashion all seems normal , but lots of people waiting at the bus stops , so maybe there is a problem up the ramintra road,

bad news that post about ransit toll, that is direct north of me. but i will have to wait and see.

have a good day every one, be careful.

I know tollways are currently free, but can motorcycles go onto tollways at the moment?

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing last week, or will we have to continue to use flooded pothole riddled road to get to our destinations?? :(

Not all tollways are free. on-ramp at Raminthra was free yesterday, but interchange to Rama 9 tollway and interchange headed to din daeng are collecting tolls. We were driving from Raminthra to Ploenchit and back. I recall seeing no motorcycles on the tollways during the trip.

If any body have updates about Flood level in the drainages system please we want to know if still rising where does all the water go.

cause for now it seems they are lucky with low tides and manege to pump most of it away from the effected area's so it not flood more then all ready did.

here in soi lat phrao 94 no increase in under ground drainage system in last 2 day.

GM Link - Best Estimate

post-120659-0-54719700-1320715570_thumb.

:whistling:

Here in Lad Prao on Ladprakhao Road soi 42 today is the first day I woke and could actually see the road outside not just water there. Of course I'm about 100 meters from the main road, and maybe 15 to 20 centimeters higher here than other places in this soi...but it is nice to see dry land again.

First time in 4 days I've seen that soi road dry in front of my house.

Water never did actually get into my house...and now I'm hoping it won't.

Most we had in front of the house was 2 days ago, when it was maybe 30 cm. high.

About 200 meters down the soi...where it is lower...they had waist high water briefly.

Water definately went down here last night...hoping that tomorrow there won't be any immeadiately outside my house.

Time: 08:30 a.m. November 8, 2011

:lol:

Edited by IMA_FARANG