How Soon To Book Flights From Bangkok - Ko Samui For Christmas?

alt

Hi folks,

We're booked into Ko Phangan for 22nd Dec, staying until 2nd Jan.

How soon should we book flights from Bangkok to Ko Samui? I fear they could book out.

Second question, can anyone recommend a particular Airway? Or a website where we'd get best prices. We're looking at budget flights as it isin't exactly long-haul!

Thanks

Bangkok Air have a monopoly on that route and they are far from budget.

If you want budget fly Air Asia to Surat and get the bus and ferry to Samui/KPG.

You need to book now whatever option you choose.

yep, only one airline that fly that route, and they are the most expensive short haul airline in the world, plus the 1 km journy from the airport to the ferry pier would also make the top 10 most expensive taxis in the world ..

so in a nutshell, its expensive, !,

if you are looking to do it on the cheap, or under 200 USD one way , book with Air Asia which will take you to the mainland ( surrthani ) , and then get a boat to KPG, it will cost 1/5 of the price of Bangkok air, alternativly, you could take the VIP bus, and its not that bad !

Edited by Boater

just book it now mate,flight prices only go up up up.

i've seen flights i've decided to take but went all 'kik ee et' (?) mode and thought i'd book it tomorrow....hey presto!..flight gone up a 1er !!

always angry with myself,but continue to do it!!

We've decided we'll fly 'Pattaya' - Samui as we'll be coming from Cambodia anyhow.

3560 baht per person not cheap, but its convenient I guess. When we're done in Phangan we'll be making our way back up the Thai coast over 4 weeks so we'll see plenty then.

We also have our accommodation booked so we're now sorted for Christmas.

We'll worry about what we'll do after Christmas, over the Christmas period... now I just need to concentrate on my trip from Bangkok - Chang Mai - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - 'Pattaya' Airport

One question I should ask though... after I come over the Cambodia border, can anyone recommend:

1) The best way to get to 'Pattaya' Airport

2) Somewhere to stay over-night the night before. Our flight is at 11am so we'd prefer to stay close-by the night before and just get a quick taxi to the airport the next morning. Have a budget of about $50 US for this over-night accommodation

Edited by alt

We've decided we'll fly 'Pattaya' - Samui as we'll be coming from Cambodia anyhow.

3560 baht per person not cheap, but its convenient I guess. When we're done in Phangan we'll be making our way back up the Thai coast over 4 weeks so we'll see plenty then.

We also have our accommodation booked so we're now sorted for Christmas.

We'll worry about what we'll do after Christmas, over the Christmas period... now I just need to concentrate on my trip from Bangkok - Chang Mai - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - 'Pattaya' Airport

One question I should ask though... after I come over the Cambodia border, can anyone recommend:

1) The best way to get to 'Pattaya' Airport

2) Somewhere to stay over-night the night before. Our flight is at 11am so we'd prefer to stay close-by the night before and just get a quick taxi to the airport the next morning. Have a budget of about $50 US for this over-night accommodation

will you be exiting from the poi pet border? , i think you will need to get a bus from the border to Bangkok and then from Bangkok to Pattaya...

Hope you do realise, Pattaya airport isnt really in Pattaya, but an 800 THB Taxi Ride to an Army Base ?, and i am not to sure if there are even hotels near that airport????

flying from Pattaya airport, might have ended up cost you more money then flying from Swampy...

If you had used NokAir ( sorry should have told you before ) , it is only - 2,140.00 THB one way on the 22nd including high speed boat to KPG , maybe you still have time to cancel BKK air ? , as this would still work out well over half of what you are paying now

• 2 weeks later...

Every day pass and you not making reservation , u loose money.

Book fast flight and hotel...

You can check about flight to surat thani and a boat from there.

Can check airasia or nok air.

Takes a bit longer, but much cheaper.