Sending Thai Baht To Australia

If you have the option, consider transferring the funds to Australia in AUD . Current rates on BBL website show a sell rate of 31.4725. which would give you 9,532.13. A buy rate of Thai baht from the NAB website will be .0297 giving you 8910. There probably is not a big market for Thai Baht in Australia which is reflected in the rate the Banks are offerring.

Edited by Daveroc

:whistling:

Again I'm not an expert on these matters but:

1. I believe you will get a better exchange rate at your bank by converting the Baht here (buying foriegn currency) and then transfering that amount (as Austrailian) as a foriegn exchange transfer at your bank.

They will charge you fee for the transfer, and give you a lower exchange rate for converting here to Aussie dollars.

But since the Baht exchange rate in Austrailia is going to be less than that here in Thailand, if you send a signifigant amout of Thai Baht you usually save on the total cost by converting it here in Thailand first.

2. Of course, you can document the source of the funds, can't you? That will make the Thai tax people as well as the income tax people in Austrailia very happy.

Otherwise, they won't be happy.

:D

Thanks everybody for the advice looks looks like buying AUD in thailand will save about 20000 baht but it will have to be hand delivered.

If you are looking to transfer through the banking sysyem please PM me and we can discuss if options available. (BBL employee)

Thanks everybody for the advice looks looks like buying AUD in thailand will save about 20000 baht but it will have to be hand delivered.

If you are looking to transfer through the banking sysyem please PM me and we can discuss if options available. (BBL employee)

Thanks for the Offer Dave now I have it sorted.