Complacent Bangkokians Will Have To Suffer In Turn

webfact

Best post I've ever read on TV.

Of course it is.

Before too long, all the forum's red sympathisers will be along with their own personal endorsement of the, "let's spread the blame" message.

Why do you feel the need to post totally useless and irrelevant replies. You hate the current government, everyone knows that. You think they are incompetent, corrupt etc etc etc etc etc - fine. Start a thread where you and your fellow supporters can get your rocks off posting insults and criticisms that the rest of us (yes, there are other posters on this forum) are not interested to read about, not because you think we are red apologists of sympathisers but because it is sooooooo tiring reading the same kindergarten stuff over and over again.

In fact, would you do me a great favour and not respond to any of my posts, beginning with this one? Thank you in advance.

This is a free, open and public forum. We all express whatever we wish to, of course within the bounds of the rules and guidelines set out. If you don't agree with what i post, fine, respond in the way that you wish to. Or report me.

Don't however try and dictate who should be writing about what or who should be responding to whom. I post whatever i wish to, and i respond to whomever i wish to, and the only people who have any say in that are the mods, of which you are not one.

Now with that said, the problem here is that whilst the red sympathisers had plenty to say about the failings of the last administration - some comments deserved, others not - now that their own chosen party is at the helm, suddenly any criticism of the government, is twisted into anti Thai sentiment, or kindergarten stuff, or anti-democratic. Criticising the government is none of those things. The only thing it could possibly be is unwarranted. Now if you think that, and if you think that criticising Yingluck for the job she is doing managing this crisis is uncalled for, then tell us why, and tell us why you think she is doing a good job. Because all that is being said is that she is not doing a good job. Not that she could have prevented all the flooding, or that she is solely responsible for it happening in the first place, just that she has mismanaged and failed in leading the country at a time when it needed a strong-minded quick thinking decision maker; all qualities she has yet to display.

And finally, if my responding to your posts really troubles you that much, i suggest you put me on ignore, because no, i'm not going to do you any favours, not at least when they include curtailing free speech.

very interesting post. Nobel sentiments on freedom of speech.

There exists a pack of hysterical right posters - who in defense of free speech and their rights to criticize the gov't - do a wonderful job of crushing free speech on this forum with the combined tactics of "shouting-down" and then "piling-on". The result I have witnessed in the last 6 months has been to drive away a certain group of posters, leaving a core of like-minded posters, with a chorus of unified insulting & whining about the PTP, Red Shirts, and blaming Thaksin for everything.

My short-take on your "spread the blame" reply was that it was a good trolling effort... see, it worked.

Just my $0.02 of free speech B)

(edit for a PS: Rixalex, I should add that this is not a personal blanket attack on your posts, IMO, you often do post well-thought out, informed, and insightful posts... Obviously some I disagree with but others which I agree with or which add perspective.)

Edited by tlansford

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the moderators:

The amount of venom and frankly, inappropriate posts on practically all the threads are getting way too ridiculous. An internet forum is supposed to be a vehicle to exchange opinions and thoughts and to debate but what we have here is just a sh*t slinging contest, from only one side. You must have read enough from other posters (who are neutral and even some saying that they don't like the current government) saying that enough is enough. When will you put a stop to it?

One other thing; even as a foreigner, I am frankly disgusted by the way "guests" in this country insult and belittle the government and the Thai people. The fact that the authorities have not clamped down on this forum is a good example of free speech (regardless of the party in power) but it would not surprise me it they do, when it comes to their attention.

I suggest you visit some Thai language forums - you'll see that it's not only foreigners and the UN calling out the current administration for their deplorable mishandling of this crisis.

post-56035-0-19212600-1319205908_thumb.j

In poll after poll the Thai people have voiced their disgust at the way the FROC has

Headlines such as

"Froc skirting the truth",

"Soldiers get top marks over floods",

"Relief centre gets resounding thumbs-down",

"Govt slammed for lack of boats, relief",

"Poll: Flood centre fails in PR"

etc paint a clear picture of the Thai people's disgust in the current administration's poor performance and mismanagement that has, for many Thais and expats alike, turned a crisis into a disaster.

The last two polls that included the up country flooded areas gavce the government a score of over 8/10. The much publicised BKK Post one that surveyed BKK and surrounds gave under 4/10. Obviously people have different opinions but the polls dont say what you are saying they do. Interestingly the ones that covered nationwide flood affected areas gave the opposition a lower score than the government

Of course it is.

Before too long, all the forum's red sympathisers will be along with their own personal endorsement of the, "let's spread the blame" message.

I am not saying that it is a case of sockpuppets, but it is fun how a very small selection of users always have to quote another users long post and merely add 'Good post' etc - and looking over their history this either is or is close to the majority of their input in this subforum.

You are right of course, "penismightier"

need I add anything else ??

Is that two words or three?

To the moderators:

The amount of venom and frankly, inappropriate posts on practically all the threads are getting way too ridiculous. An internet forum is supposed to be a vehicle to exchange opinions and thoughts and to debate but what we have here is just a sh*t slinging contest, from only one side. You must have read enough from other posters (who are neutral and even some saying that they don't like the current government) saying that enough is enough. When will you put a stop to it?

One other thing; even as a foreigner, I am frankly disgusted by the way "guests" in this country insult and belittle the government and the Thai people. The fact that the authorities have not clamped down on this forum is a good example of free speech (regardless of the party in power) but it would not surprise me it they do, when it comes to their attention.

I suggest you visit some Thai language forums - you'll see that it's not only foreigners and the UN calling out the current administration for their deplorable mishandling of this crisis.

In poll after poll the Thai people have voiced their disgust at the way the FROC has

Headlines such as

etc paint a clear picture of the Thai people's disgust in the current administration's poor performance and mismanagement that has, for many Thais and expats alike, turned a crisis into a disaster.

The last two polls that included the up country flooded areas gavce the government a score of over 8/10. The much publicised BKK Post one that surveyed BKK and surrounds gave under 4/10. Obviously people have different opinions but the polls dont say what you are saying they do. Interestingly the ones that covered nationwide flood affected areas gave the opposition a lower score than the government

Another poll beside BKK Post and which also included areas outside BKK have results which would seem to "say what he is saying" to a pretty large degree...

In the Abac Poll, 79 per cent said the government's support was insufficient and not distributed efficiently; and 68.6 per cent said the flood relief supplies themselves did not sufficiently meet victims' needs. The poll surveyed 1,012 community leaders and local officials in 10 flooded provinces.

As much as 86.2 percent of the respondents still have no clear understanding as to whether their areas are flood-prone even after the updates, while 89.2 percent find the updates confusing. About 87 percent don’t trust the information from the FROC.

and

Do you have links for the other two polls you mentioned?

There exists a pack of hysterical right posters - who in defense of free speech and their rights to criticize the gov't - do a wonderful job of crushing free speech on this forum with the combined tactics of "shouting-down" and then "piling-on". The result I have witnessed in the last 6 months has been to drive away a certain group of posters, leaving a core of like-minded posters, with a chorus of unified insulting & whining about the PTP, Red Shirts, and blaming Thaksin for everything.

My short-take on your "spread the blame" reply was that it was a good trolling effort... see, it worked.

(edit for a PS: Rixalex, I should add that this is not a personal blanket attack on your posts, IMO, you often do post well-thought out, informed, and insightful posts... Obviously some I disagree with but others which I agree with or which add perspective.)

I think those apparently missing posters are not yet lost to TV. Alas their red star is fading and this situation makes it difficult for them to contribute more than the "Act of God" point of view but they are here waiting for the next opportunity to add their point that "no one can stop the floods" and "If the USA and Australia etc can handle floods so badly, why blame the Thai Govt for achieving similar levels of incompetence" or simply "It's the BMA's fault" arguments. They are here, waiting in the wings ... a couple of them using several brand new handles will probably appear here in the coming days, if not tomorrow, posting 200 - 400 posts a day if Robert Amsterdam has been his usual efficient self.

But however dim it may be now, no doubt their star will shine again ..... perhaps with a snap election where big brother will graciously donate to the poor of Issan with another flood of 500 baht notes and democracy will once again vindicate the Thaksin clan and their followers and prove to the doubting world that Thailand truely loves Khun Yingluck and FROC will be awarded for their outstanding performance during the great flood of 2011 caused by Mark & Co.

Don't worry .... they will return.

About comments on moderation, well, it's hard to be everywhere to moderate everything, we do have lives to live as well, there is the report button to report abusive posts. On another note, you can send an email to support-at-thaivisa.com to discuss the "lack" of moderation. As for my lack of moderation duties this evening, well, I was informed at 17:30 that the sluice gates were opening at 04:00 tomorrow morning, (in the Klongsamwa/Minburi area),so I've been busy battening down the hatches so to speak.

As per forum rule:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

Thanks

Hey Met, you've been doing a crackerjack job for days, deal with what you must.

To the moderators:

Headlines such as

Another poll beside BKK Post and which also included areas outside BKK have results which would seem to "say what he is saying" to a pretty large degree...

In the Abac Poll, 79 per cent said the government's support was insufficient and not distributed efficiently; and 68.6 per cent said the flood relief supplies themselves did not sufficiently meet victims' needs. The poll surveyed 1,012 community leaders and local officials in 10 flooded provinces.

As much as 86.2 percent of the respondents still have no clear understanding as to whether their areas are flood-prone even after the updates, while 89.2 percent find the updates confusing. About 87 percent don’t trust the information from the FROC.

and

I posted them previously. One Abac. One Nida. Dont expect the English language media to highlight them. Old BKK Pundit has links too. The poll mentioned in the bkk post was BKK and surrounding areas. The others were flood affected areas across Thailand

Edited to add: you need to be able to read Thai too

Edited by hammered

I think those apparently missing posters are not yet lost to TV. Alas their red star is fading and this situation makes it difficult for them to contribute more than the "Act of God" point of view but they are here waiting for the next opportunity to add their point that "no one can stop the floods" and "If the USA and Australia etc can handle floods so badly, why blame the Thai Govt for achieving similar levels of incompetence" or simply "It's the BMA's fault" arguments. They are here, waiting in the wings ... a couple of them using several brand new handles will probably appear here in the coming days, if not tomorrow, posting 200 - 400 posts a day if Robert Amsterdam has been his usual efficient self.

But however dim it may be now, no doubt their star will shine again ..... perhaps with a snap election where big brother will graciously donate to the poor of Issan with another flood of 500 baht notes and democracy will once again vindicate the Thaksin clan and their followers and prove to the doubting world that Thailand truely loves Khun Yingluck and FROC will be awarded for their outstanding performance during the great flood of 2011 caused by Mark & Co.

Don't worry .... they will return.

Quite possibly true and we will be blessed yet again with a gang of totally incompetent and insincere ministers and hangers on.

Headlines such as

and

I posted them previously. One Abac. One Nida. Dont expect the English language media to highlight them. Old BKK Pundit has links too. The poll mentioned in the bkk post was BKK and surrounding areas. The others were flood affected areas across Thailand

Edited to add: you need to be able to read Thai too

Oh ok. So one of the two polls you were citing is the Abac Poll I quoted above. Its results would seem to lend credence to BigBikeBKK's assertions.

I'll go on to Nida's website to look at their poll.

Edited by Buchholz

Oh ok. So one of the two polls you were citing is the Abac Poll I quoted above. It's results would seem to lend credence to BigBikeBKK's assertions.

There are two abac ones. One that is BKK and surrounds and one that is flood affected areas nationally. And there is a NIDA one that is flood affected areas nationally. Three polls. The Abac one quoted in the post is the under 4/10 one and the other two correlate tightly around 8/10. The army also come out well in both national ones too

Oh ok. So one of the two polls you were citing is the Abac Poll I quoted above. It's results would seem to lend credence to BigBikeBKK's assertions.

There are two abac ones. One that is BKK and surrounds and one that is flood affected areas nationally. And there is a NIDA one that is flood affected areas nationally. Three polls. The Abac one quoted in the post is the under 4/10 one and the other two correlate tightly around 8/10. The army also come out well in both national ones too

As this flooding drags out for another six weeks, it will be interesting to see what the polls will reveal after, say a month of it.

To the moderators:

Headlines such as

Add, science ministers' great contribution is to order a govt. agency to build 10,000 bamboo rafts.

<snip>

Headlines such as

Add, science ministers' great contribution is to order a govt. agency to build 10,000 bamboo rafts.

Add, public health ministry's condoms for flood victims project

Edited by Buchholz

What do you guys suggest they do with 12 billion cubic meters of water? It won't go away. Bangkok has been spared at the cost of most of central Thailand's industrial centres. Its time the water was released so that those who've been up to their necks for as long as three months in some cases can get a part of their lives back. Talk of the economic damage if Bangkok is flooded in no longer relevant as most of the economic damage has already been done. Hundreds of thousands of people are affected - no homes, no jobs, no income, very little food and water. The residents of Bangkok are complacent and indifferent to the suffering on their door steps - there's been wingeing about Tesco and Big C running out of a few items - some people are barely getting enough food to survive in the flood zones. If a a few government ministers had their homes flooded in a meter or two of water, something would happen very quickly.

Would you like to see another 10 million people suffer as well? You're comments abount Bangkok residents being indifferent to the suffering of others are just stupid. Grow up.

You know this whole idea that somehow the north and south (Bangkok) are somehow unrelated is a very blinkered perspective as there is the investment of many northern folk who have paid everything the have into the education of their children just so they could come south to earn a good living to help support the family back home. By further hampering that they are just as well taking money out of their own pocket and causing even further hardship on themselves..

As this flooding drags out for another six weeks, it will be interesting to see what the polls will reveal after, say a month of it.

Doesn't really take much working out what the initial knee jerk reaction will be..........but this is a great opportunity for the government to make massive improvements where they are so obviously required.......let us see if they make them.......then have a poll.....in about 4 years.......:) .

Rather a stunning blow to the government that a foreign news source publishes pictures detailing the harsh reality of the current situation .

Rather debunks the robotic statements we keep hearing from assorted government spokespersons currently holding the one brain cell being passed around in their party game of pass the responsibility parcel by the government

Don't let people see what is happening they will think (know) we lie when we say. ''Everything is under control no need to worry."

Pity the Muppet puppet and her inept cronies are not so open as to what the reality of the floods are and the impact on the Thai people and Thailand in general.

Thanks for the link Scorecard.

Total agitprop BS. At least three of my Thai TV channels are showing exactly the same types images or even more dramatic. I've been watching and recording it for days. The only difference with the linked source is that the image quality is better than possible on TV.

It's easy to see what your agenda is, but you should at least base your agitprop on something not as easily refutable.

Edited by MaxYakov

To the moderators:

Headlines such as

Can you site a reference for this order for us, please? The last thing I saw in this regard was a Thai TV segment that was showing how to build water bottle rafts as a DIY project.

Of course it is.

I am not saying that it is a case of sockpuppets, but it is fun how a very small selection of users always have to quote another users long post and merely add 'Good post' etc - and looking over their history this either is or is close to the majority of their input in this subforum.

Good Post! Wonderful most excellent post! After that post must have cigarette!

Can you site a reference for this order for us, please? The last thing I saw in this regard was a Thai TV segment that was showing how to build water bottle rafts as a DIY project.

http://www.thaivisa....ot-tell-people/

More strikingly perhaps, the Thai science minister Virachai Virameteekul said he had ordered the construction of 10,000 bamboo rafts to "help the people".

edit: a later correction ... The science minister is Plodprasop.

Edited by whybother

There is an irony in all of this for the Thai people that voted in this Government. If you vote people in to Government who have no experience, who are crooked, corrupt and self serving, then when the sh*t hits the fan, you have leaders with no experience, who are self serving and who will take advantage of the people and the situation. This country has the quality of Government it deserves, that is the one they voted for. I guess right now the few thousand baht made by red protestors last year and the money given to villages (on loan) by Thaksin doesn't really make up for the misery of the people in the North now.

The only saving grace is that this is not occurring under the Dems. My reason for sauying that is simple as there would likely follow a civil war when the likes of Juttaporn would be whipping the reds up in to a frenzy of violence with stories of how the elite are dry while the poor are left to suffer (I doubt Juttaporn has his wet suit on now!)

Maybe voting in a Government next time will, people will consider more than clearly impossible promises and bullsh*t. This Government is giving the Thai people all it has got .....nothing. I think the only man that can hold his head up higher because of his honest communications and warnings to the people is the Governor of Bangkok.

Jatuporn with his buddy nattawut is everyday on red tv, many times wearing a nice suit, and telling his audience that it' s all the democrats fault this is happening.

Can I refer to the two persons above as 'Born Rat' and 'What a Nut!' without my post being deleted? IMO that would be a 'Tacky' thing to do.

Seriously though, I would be writing up a script and signing up Nicholas 'The Hamster' Cage for a disaster movie set in Bangkok (he's broke so he'll do anything - even try acting) if that was my business.

Imagine for a moment if you will, the Towering Inferno with a twist - Baiyoke Tower 2 simply falls through a hole in its foundations (at about the speed of the WTC 911 collapse) to the sound of rushing air - then a giant splash - then silence (a baby cries) - then a giant hissing sound ('Anaconda 3' ?) - then a plume of superheated steam (can you smell what's cookin'?) - then...OMG...Red Hot LAVA !!!

Edited by GazR

There is an irony in all of this for the Thai people that voted in this Government. If you vote people in to Government who have no experience, who are crooked, corrupt and self serving, then when the sh*t hits the fan, you have leaders with no experience, who are self serving and who will take advantage of the people and the situation. This country has the quality of Government it deserves, that is the one they voted for. I guess right now the few thousand baht made by red protestors last year and the money given to villages (on loan) by Thaksin doesn't really make up for the misery of the people in the North now.

The only saving grace is that this is not occurring under the Dems. My reason for sauying that is simple as there would likely follow a civil war when the likes of Juttaporn would be whipping the reds up in to a frenzy of violence with stories of how the elite are dry while the poor are left to suffer (I doubt Juttaporn has his wet suit on now!)

Maybe voting in a Government next time will, people will consider more than clearly impossible promises and bullsh*t. This Government is giving the Thai people all it has got .....nothing. I think the only man that can hold his head up higher because of his honest communications and warnings to the people is the Governor of Bangkok.

Jatuporn with his buddy nattawut is everyday on red tv, many times wearing a nice suit, and telling his audience that it' s all the democrats fault this is happening.

Can I refer to the two persons above as 'Born Rat' and 'What a Nut!' without my post being deleted? IMO that would be a 'Tacky' thing to do.

Seriously though, I would be writing up a script and signing up Nicholas 'The Hamster' Cage for a disaster movie set in Bangkok (he's broke so he'll do anything - even try acting) if that was my business.

Imagine for a moment if you will, the Towering Inferno with a twist - Baiyoke Tower 2 simply falls through a hole in its foundations (at about the speed of the WTC 911 collapse) to the sound of rushing air - then a giant splash - then silence (a baby cries) - then a giant hissing sound ('Anaconda 3' ?) - then a plume of superheated steam (can you smell what's cookin'?) - then...OMG...Red Hot LAVA !!!

Crikey! They must've all died laughing.

Rather a stunning blow to the government that a foreign news source publishes pictures detailing the harsh reality of the current situation .

Rather debunks the robotic statements we keep hearing from assorted government spokespersons currently holding the one brain cell being passed around in their party game of pass the responsibility parcel by the government

Don't let people see what is happening they will think (know) we lie when we say. ''Everything is under control no need to worry."

Pity the Muppet puppet and her inept cronies are not so open as to what the reality of the floods are and the impact on the Thai people and Thailand in general.

Thanks for the link Scorecard.

Total agitprop BS. At least three of my Thai TV channels are showing exactly the same types images or even more dramatic. I've been watching and recording it for days. The only difference with the linked source is that the image quality is better than possible on TV.

It's easy to see what your agenda is, but you should at least base your agitprop on something not as easily refutable.

wrong thread :burp:

Edited by rogerdee123