Hilton Hotel Buffet

ciaociao

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't really surprise me as it has always seemed busy in the evening when I have been and we are just coming to high season.

:whistling: When I phoned the Montein hotel last week inquring about the buffel they told me 800bt and 900bt. Now in the Pattaya Mail they advertise 850bt and 995bt?? Confusing :unsure: Will phone again,but who knows

Cant understand your mentality ,come to live in Thailand and eat at European style overpriced buffets , f----- maddness.

you are not alone, many fail to understand me but who really cares what you think........?

You must at least a little or you would'nt have replied :)

Cant understand your mentality ,come to live in Thailand and eat at European style overpriced buffets , f----- maddness.

you are not alone, many fail to understand me but who really cares what you think........?

not really, i felt i had to acknowledge your comment so you can justify your own existence as having some meaning

it was a response made in the spirit of pity rather than actually caring..........

its 400 on seafood lunch Fridays now

Presumably that has also increased by 50B.

that is correct Darrel

seafood day was always 50 baht dearer than other days

I thought that it used to be 300B every day except Friday (seafood) when it was 400B and Sunday (expat pig-out day?) when it was 1200B or something equally silly.

So if the regular price has gone up to 350B I would expect the Friday lunch to now be 450B. If it hasn't increased then that can only be a good thing.

its 400 on seafood lunch Fridays now

Presumably that has also increased by 50B.

that is correct Darrel

seafood day was always 50 baht dearer than other days

I thought that it used to be 300B every day except Friday (seafood) when it was 400B and Sunday (expat pig-out day?) when it was 1200B or something equally silly.

So if the regular price has gone up to 350B I would expect the Friday lunch to now be 450B. If it hasn't increased then that can only be a good thing.

sorry Darrel, you are correct

when it was first opened it was 300 baht for the lunch every day except Sunday

then the price for the Friday seafood buffet rose to 400 Baht around March/April i think

the price rose by 50 baht on October 1st to 350 baht for everyday but Friday and Sunday

so its still 400 baht on Fridays

i stand corrected

still great value though..........

as long as you don't order a soft drink (b100) and no more free water.

you would be looking at it from a frugal point of view i expect

free water is of American origin and whilst many Americans apparently complained that Hilton was an American company and free water should be provided as per American tradition

Hilton saw fit to ignore them and applied a charge

personally i thought was a bonus and to their credit they did it for some 6 months with no charge

presumably they did it until it was noted that cheap charlies were guzzling gallons of free water instead of buying a 100 baht drink

anyway its still only 25 baht for a bottle of Minere

try getting a bottle of water for 25 baht in the royal cliff, sheraton, etc

maybe you could get tap water for that

anyway, i think its great value, its my favorite place in Pattaya,

i say that having visited every restaurant of any note over the last ten years

i go at least a couple of times a week and frankly the view and general ambiance is worth the 300 baht

i am looking forward to the Skybar opening..........

not really, i felt i had to acknowledge your comment so you can justify your own existence as having some meaning

it was a response made in the spirit of pity rather than actually caring..........

Pity? you are joking ,your the ones on here in paradise ,discussing the merits of some overpriced European buffets and their relative prices ,you might as well have stayed at home and gone out to the local carvery (our one used to do a great one for four pounds ninety five (specials for O.A.P :D

what a sad lot .

Most people over-eat at buffets... whether just being fat greedy lumps or trying to get more bang for their buck...

just look at the average farang about Pattaya....over-weight, sweating and panting, lumbering about the place, just as well the Hilton has AC.. :jap:

just a load of stereotypical observations presented by folks who find it easier to look no further than that

its a TV topic that just keeps on giving........

Pity? you are joking ,your the ones on here in paradise ,discussing the merits of some overpriced European buffets and their relative prices ,you might as well have stayed at home and gone out to the local carvery (our one used to do a great one for four pounds ninety five (specials for O.A.P :D

what a sad lot .

the special would be for you then?

Free drinking water is hardly limited to American culture. Go the typical Thai street restaurant and there is ... free water. Guzzling water? Are you kidding?

At an all you can eat BUFFET of any price level, my feeling is that free drinking water is totally expected all over the world. You are saying the Hilton really doesn't offer that? That's sleazy.

Edited by Jingthing

But Rimmer old chap ,we are discussing the overpriced European style buffet ,that some of our members have travelled half way round the world to live and then end up eating at,instead of good Thai food at a reasonable price ,if you wish to eat at such places why not stay in the West? :)

Free drinking water is hardly limited to American culture. Go the typical Thai street restaurant and there is ... free water. Guzzling water? Are you kidding?

At an all you can eat BUFFET of any price level, my feeling is that free drinking water is totally expected all over the world. You are saying the Hilton really doesn't offer that? That's sleazy.

Not that many years ago everywhere that did food offered free water, delivered by van in those big plastic containers.

These days only the cheaper Thai places seem to have free water (and that in itself is somewhat bizarre), as do the breakfast buffets, and that often comes out of the reverse osmosis machines. Everywhere else, including lunchtime and evening buffets, seem just to do small plastic bottles and charge accordingly. Just part of the general milk-it-for-what-you-can trend, I suppose.

The bottled water at the Hilton is fairly cheap, as mentioned, when compared with the prices of other drinks there.

I remember some 30 years ago going into the lobby of one of the 5* places on Beach Rd every morning to read the newspaper, for free, and always being given a glass of ice water complete with slice of lime, also for free. They dont do that these days either!

Ha ha, you leave this threads open long enough and they ALWAYS end up in arguments!!

I have heard that The Hilton does a buffet one evening where there is flow wine and beer for 1200 baht, is this true, anyone been?

Thanks

Bigjimmy

I remember some 30 years ago going into the lobby of one of the 5* places on Beach Rd every morning to read the newspaper, for free, and always being given a glass of ice water complete with slice of lime, also for free. They dont do that these days either!

wow.. they must have loved to see you strolling down the street everyday :whistling: ....