4 Month Overstay, Caught By Cops, Paid Tea Money

Hi guys,

This came into my mailbox from a Gino1. I am not well versed on overstay stuff so I hope someone can help the guy... I guess he just signed up and is not able to post topics yet(?) All I know is that you will pay a max of 20k to immigration when you are leaving the country.

"TheWalkingMan,

gino1 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "need info".

gino1 said:

======================================================================

hello im in big trouble in thailand i have a british pasport i have overstayed by4 months the police saw my visa in the morning i have payed them a bribe do they come again to my hotel and said come police station tomorrow and they will stamp my pasport is this true or are they going to nick me i dont knwo how to start a topic i relay need advice asap"

Any advice for the guy would be appreciated.

Thanks!

well move hotel would be an option.... go to the airport and leave would also be an option...Go to the police station and take it from a man ...oops sorry take it like a man is another option...

also he may think that you are a nice fella and will lend him the money he needs to pay the BIB. :rolleyes:

Edited by thaicbr

First question: Who has Gino1's passport?

IF Gino1 is still in possession of his passport he can purchase a ticket home and go straight to the airport along with the B20,000 overstay fine.

IF the police are carrying his passport. Gino1 should purchase a ticket home and have B20,000 at hand, he should expect for the police to liaise with immigration and arrest him, then deport him. Having his own ticket and the fine will smooth this process and limit his time in detention.

Gino1 wrote the same message under comments on his profile page.

Gino1, now that the topic has been started for you, you can click on "Add Reply" and post the information that is still missing, ie the answer to the question who has your passport at the moment.

There is something wrong with this message, as the English is not correct for someone from the UK.

I think its the start of a scam, first this one followed by "can you help me" money troubles etc.

"do they come again to my hotel" is definitely not something a Brit would say.

( He states British passport, but its feasable he's not actually British I suppose).

Edited by CharlieH

^^^^^^ Quite easy to get it wrong when using a smart phone with predicted text. I do it all the time. :)

Where does it say it was sent via a smart phone? Maybe I missed that. Also predictive text would have picked up Pasport in the original message instead of Passport. Predictive test spells the words not the Grammar, and the grammar is not that of a true English person.

With a name like Gino, maybe of Italian decent, but still the grammar is sh*t.

The next text the OP will get is to ask for the money, any bets?

Edited by beano2274

^^^^^^ Quite easy to get it wrong when using a smart phone with predicted text. I do it all the time. :)

Where does it say it was sent via a smart phone? Maybe I missed that. Also predictive text would have picked up Pasport in the original message instead of Passport. Predictive test spells the words not the Grammar, and the grammar is not that of a true English person.

Does everyone in the UK speak perfect English? Are there no immigrants?

Does everyone in the UK speak perfect English? Are there no immigrants?

Sure but with basic words and prepositions they should be getting it right or is it write?

Passport is something you must know how to spell, it asks for the passport number on most documents required to enter a country.

Maybe he is an English Teacher, who is down on his luck!!!!!!

Sure but with basic words and prepositions they should be getting it right or is it write?

Passport is something you must know how to spell, it asks for the passport number on most documents required to enter a country.

In Australia there's probably a million or so immigrants who couldn't put together a decent English sentence. I'm sure it's no different in the UK with a much larger population.

Edited by tropo

In Australia there's probably a million or so immigrants who couldn't put together a decent English sentence. I'm sure it's no different in the UK with a much larger population.

Very true perhaps, but predictive spelling would have picked up some of the errors in the message, but if not predictive then I would be thinking of a scam.

I'll bet that Gino1 is reading this topic.. :rolleyes:

I'll bet that Gino1 is reading this topic.. :rolleyes:

Then best he supplies more information, so that we can see if it is a scam or not 555

Let's stay on topic and assume the OP is not a fraud. I think he has his answers and needs to give a few more details if he wants more information.As to a possible money scam, as said, let's presume he is genuine. Asking for money is not allowed per forum rules and any such requist should be reported so we can act upon it.

Let's stay on topic and assume the OP is not a fraud. I think he has his answers and needs to give a few more details if he wants more information.As to a possible money scam, as said, let's presume he is genuine. Asking for money is not allowed per forum rules and any such requist should be reported so we can act upon it.

Indeed - some posters are extremely pedantic over a minor issue and consequently side track the thread completely.

I am interested where this goes.

A friend of mine who works for the BIB is sometimes tasked with following and investigating Westerners. How he deals with them depends purely on their attitude. One guy was picked up while returning home from a Jog. According to my friend this mans attitude was terrible, his passport was checked, his visa was out of date, they didn't even let him shower, he was sent straight to the deportation centre at immigration. Others are dealt with much more favorably when polite and humble.

Gino1 is in a situation, which if he handles well he will get through relatively unscathed, albeit with a flight home. Alternatively, without the correct attitude and plans he can find himself in a very sticky situation. Or, as some posters have already pointed out, this could be a poorly conceived scam.

Why say "I have a British passport" :unsure:

Maybe the OP made it up cos he's OS'd himself.

Nope. I just relayed what appeared in my mailbox on the oft chance that it could be true. btw - I am sh*t scared of overstaying in any country. I think here in Japan if you overstay and turn yourself in, you spend 2 weeks in the immigration jug while they check out your history to ensure that you have no criminal problems. Once the all clear is given, you are punted out and banned from entering Japan for 5 years.

If gino is a member why has he or she not replied to the topic at hand?

If I wanted someone to post something for me, then I joined and was in a bad situation I certainly would be commenting.

There have been many scams on TV before now including those in the classified sections, and never been picked up by Mods but picked up by other posters wanting more information on the objects for sale.

I recall the Yorkshire terriers guy apparently was in Thailand, but hey presto he was in an African country and wanted money up front for shipping.

Edited by beano2274

]actually this is a problem I have been putting off for years and now it has come to crunch time.

I have a 4 year overstay and need to sort this out.

Every bit of advise differs from the last so I keep avoiding the situation..........is it really possible to turn up at the airport with 20,000 and a ticket or is this a myth.

Can I fly to singapore or malaysia and then return to Bangkok or must I fly back to Ireland.?

Some serious suggstions from people in the know would be useful thanks.

]actually this is a problem I have been putting off for years and now it has come to crunch time.

I have a 4 year overstay and need to sort this out.

Every bit of advise differs from the last so I keep avoiding the situation..........is it really possible to turn up at the airport with 20,000 and a ticket or is this a myth.

Can I fly to singapore or malaysia and then return to Bangkok or must I fly back to Ireland.?

Some serious suggstions from people in the know would be useful thanks.

I think you are likely O.K. on both accounts (not a myth). Look here:

Ben,

Dont worry too much. I used to have a 1 year overstay and my friend was on a 3 year overstay. We showed up at the airport at 5am in the morning, paid our fine, flew out the country and returned THE SAME DAY on a 30 day visa on arrival without a problem.

It was right after the news about the "crack down" on overstaying, so we were both scared as hell. Turns out its business as usual and i wouldn't be worried to be much now.

Just clear it up now, course you never know if the rules might change. The current people in charge might be in for swift changes..