5Ft Black Dish C-Band

kwestroc

With thhe Vid set at 306 the audio is actually Thai, but they don,t mute the english announcers, they just reduce the volume. if you adjust the volume to hear the english, when the Thai announcer comes on you are blasted out of the room. The printout that I was able to get shows that 406 is the setting for english, but when I try 406 or any other number there is no audio. I've e-mailed gmmsport but don't really to expect an answer

I found (accidently) that on my box I could select whether the sound is stereo or mono. On Mono, the left speaker had the Thai commentary and the right, the English commentary. By selecting the right speaker, the Thai was gone.

I think you've got it! In frustration I used another unused channel and I inputed the same parameters and it was in English. Now I have two channels, one in Thai and one in English, both set to AUD PID 306, still have no audio with 406. I just went and checked, the one in Thai is mono connected to the left channel and the one in English is stereo. By the time we get this all figured out they will either cancel or encrypyt the transmission. Thanks.

With thhe Vid set at 306 the audio is actually Thai, but they don,t mute the english announcers, they just reduce the volume. if you adjust the volume to hear the english, when the Thai announcer comes on you are blasted out of the room. The printout that I was able to get shows that 406 is the setting for english, but when I try 406 or any other number there is no audio. I've e-mailed gmmsport but don't really to expect an answer

I found (accidently) that on my box I could select whether the sound is stereo or mono. On Mono, the left speaker had the Thai commentary and the right, the English commentary. By selecting the right speaker, the Thai was gone.

I just verified that with the AUD PID set to 306, the left channel is Thai, The right channel and stereo is English. All the published BS about 306 and 406 is a "crock of FROC"!

I think you've got it! In frustration I used another unused channel and I inputed the same parameters and it was in English. Now I have two channels, one in Thai and one in English, both set to AUD PID 306, still have no audio with 406. I just went and checked, the one in Thai is mono connected to the left channel and the one in English is stereo. By the time we get this all figured out they will either cancel or encrypyt the transmission. Thanks.

I just went and checked, the one in Thai is mono connected to the left channel and the one in English is stereo.

I thought that antiquated "bilingual" system had been abandoned long ago?

It was introduced on the terrestial channels back in the late 80's.

A simple solution in days of analogue tranmission, but totally un-necessary

in the digital age. :bah: