Wikileaks founder Assange loses appeal against extradition to Sweden

News_Editor

Doesn't bode well for him to get any assistance when the PM has already made up her mind.

Well even if Australia's Prime Minister doesn't go out of her way to help him, thank goodness for some decent

journalists like Guy Rundle of the Sydney Morning Herald who in this article reveals some very

interesting facts about the condom and some rather intriguing ' relationships ' between the accusers and individuals from the Swedish

authorities that I have never seen covered in the mainstream media before :ph34r:

http://www.smh.com.a...1001-1l2lt.html

How interesting, that article now appears to have been taken down. It obviously touched a few raw nerves.

if you are referring to Guy Rundle's article I just clicked the link and it worked ok for me? :unsure:

You should keep trying because that article has everything to show what a farce the whole thing is :rolleyes:

It has worked now after many attempts. Great article. What a very messy situation.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well even if Australia's Prime Minister doesn't go out of her way to help him, thank goodness for some decent

journalists like Guy Rundle of the Sydney Morning Herald who in this article reveals some very

interesting facts about the condom and some rather intriguing ' relationships ' between the accusers and individuals from the Swedish

authorities that I have never seen covered in the mainstream media before :ph34r:

http://www.smh.com.a...1001-1l2lt.html

How interesting, that article now appears to have been taken down. It obviously touched a few raw nerves.

if you are referring to Guy Rundle's article I just clicked the link and it worked ok for me? :unsure:

You should keep trying because that article has everything to show what a farce the whole thing is :rolleyes:

It has worked now after many attempts. Great article. What a very messy situation.

personally I think the word ' murky ' is more appropriate ? :whistling:

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

On the 24 November 2011 the British Parliament will hold a debate on extradition. Members of the public have been writing to their local MPs to urge them to raise the 1st point of law regarding ’judicial authority’ in the Julian Assange appeal. This point is particularly relevant for parliamentary discussion because the judgement against Julian Assange goes against parliamentary intention behind the 2003 Extradition Act.

Should anyone happen to be interested in watching/listening to this debate it can be seen live

at this link starting at 2:30 PM UK time ( 9:30 PM Thailand time ) tonight.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=9420

...and exactly who created the messy, murky situation in the first place? :jap:

well I would certainly say the person who decided to introduce a condom as being the prime exhibit

but which has no DNA on it certainly must carry some of the blame :jap:

well I would certainly say the person who decided to introduce a condom as being the prime exhibit

Unzipping one's pants is a conscious, voluntary action. :thumbsup:

It was also a " conscious, voluntary action "when the accuser took off her clothes and got into bed :thumbsup:

As Geoffrey Robinson QC said "If Sweden were to say sucking toes without washing them first is rape, then that would be an extradition offense? No," :clap2:

Edited by midas

It was also a " conscious, voluntary action "when the accuser took off her clothes and got into bed :thumbsup:

As Geoffrey Robinson QC said "If Sweden were to say sucking toes without washing them first is rape, then that would be an extradition offense? No," :clap2:

His accuser isn't wanted for questioning for breaking a sexual law, is she.

As usual Assange's attorney makes a ridiculous claim. However, having said that, if it were a law in Sweden that no unclean toes be sucked, then I would suggest Assange not break the law by sucking on any.

I haven't read the extradition treaty between the UK and Sweden. Perhaps toe sucking is a non-extraditable offense. :D

As usual Assange's attorney makes a ridiculous claim. However, having said that, if it were a law in Sweden that no unclean toes be sucked, then I would suggest Assange not break the law by sucking on any.

I haven't read the extradition treaty between the UK and Sweden. Perhaps toe sucking is a non-extraditable offense. :D

She may well yet see the tables turned on her if she has committed perjury.

The claim by Assange's attorney is not half as ridiculous as pursuing a case where much of the supposed prosecution evidence has now been leaked and plastered all over the Internet so the whole world knows they don't really have a case which probably explains the absence of charges. :D

I pity help young people in Sweden who are held to these standards going forward. Maybe in future couples in Sweden will need a chaperone inside their bedroom who can help both parties with a checklist of sexual manoeuvres as they develop? :crazy:

Edited by midas

well i hope the Swedish police crack on and show equal enthusiasm in prosecuting other alleged offenders :blink:

" The statistical survey by the Swedish organization BRÅ showed that of that five or ten percent of rapes that resulted in reporting -- fewer than thirteen percent resulted in a police decision to start any legal proceedings at all. :o "

http://ferrada-noli.blogspot.com/2011/04/swedens-serial-negligence-in.html

So the UK Supreme Court will look into whether an Aussie accused of a crime in Sweden can be extradited?

" Julian Assange, as he was was living in London on a six month visa at the time of his arrest, was therefore subject to the EAW for his alleged crime in Sweden regardless of his country of birth or official country of domicile. "

http://www.telegraph...annot-beat.html

I wonder if he is still staying in that 10-bedroom mansion? Not a bad place to be stuck a few months while lawyers battle it out over legal details.

Well we are about to see soon whether Julian Assange is receiving true justice or not or

whether the plot to get him to Sweden is all a rigged game. :ph34r:

If anyone saw the live debate in UK Parliament last night Thailand time, UK Members of Parliament

on both sides of the House and even minority parties agreed that there were significant defects

in the European Arrest Warrant system. About five MPs gave instances where their own constituents

had been extradited to other European countries and suffered hardship in jails there until in most cases

they were subsequently released but months or even years later.

The members of Parliament even said the European Arrest Warrant was being abused in some cases

because its main purpose when it was introduced was to fight terrorism and not alleged sexual assault offences.

Given the fact on 5 December the two High Court judges must rule whether the case raises a question

of “ general public importance ” , I cannot possibly see how after such deep concern has been expressed

by British lawmakers about the flaws in the arrest system that the judges could logically brush aside

these concerns and refuse to hear an appeal ?

Edited by midas

Mr. Midas:

Are you on Assange's defense team? :D

No indeed chuckd :D

In fact I don't particularly like Assange that much either.

But you know from my earlier posts what I firmly 100% believe this is all about.

And if this all goes the way I fear it will go if it is allowed to happen this way,

then the implications should be absolutely horrifying and shocking for everybody

because we would well and truly have reached an Orwellian moment.

Edited by midas

Believe it or not, Assange is not the victim here. It is the ladies in Sweden who have made the complaint. Should the complaint be found to be spurious, then Assange may be a victim, but at this point, he is not.

you are incorrect! It is not the ladies that are bringing the complaint.

It is the state of Sweden.

You need to check your facts first before posting.

Believe it or not, Assange is not the victim here. It is the ladies in Sweden who have made the complaint. Should the complaint be found to be spurious, then Assange may be a victim, but at this point, he is not.

The state of Sweden has not brought a complaint against Assange yet. They only want him for questioning - because the ladies in question have made a complaint against him

You need to check your facts first before posting

Edited by MikeyIdea

The state of Sweden has not brought a complaint against Assange yet. They only want him for questioning - because the ladies in question have made a complaint against him

You need to check your facts first before posting

MikeyIdea it so tedious endlessly correcting your mistakes and misinterpretations :rolleyes:

- The fact that the complainants did not go to the police to press charges but to inquire about ways to compel Julian Assange to get tested for STDs after they both discovered they had slept with him;

- That SW had felt railroaded by the police and others around her when a criminal investigation started;

- That AA did not feel she had been subjected to abuse and had no intention of reporting the events (she had gone to the police station to accompany SW).

http://www.swedenversusassange.com/High-Court-Appeal,5

This Guardian article says differently.

In her interview with Aftonbladet, Ms A said: "The charges against Assange are, of course, not orchestrated by the Pentagon. The responsibility for what happened to me and the other girl lies with a man who has a twisted attitude to women and a problem with taking 'no' for an answer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/24/assange-wikileaks-swedish-prosecutors-charges

This Guardian article says differently.

In her interview with Aftonbladet, Ms A said: "The charges against Assange are, of course, not orchestrated by the Pentagon. The responsibility for what happened to me and the other girl lies with a man who has a twisted attitude to women and a problem with taking 'no' for an answer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/24/assange-wikileaks-swedish-prosecutors-charges

but which conflicts with this.............

" Yet there were also problems with the allegations against Assange by Anna Ardin herself ( Ms A ) . During her interview, conducted by phone - also against police guidelines on sex crime cases - the day after Wilen's interview, Ardin had given an account of her encounter with Assange, from which two misdemeanour ''annoyance'' charges were made. That day, the senior prosecutor quashed the rape investigation commenced the day before during Wilen's interview." :blink:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/moment-of-truth-20111001-1l2lt.html#ixzz1eiR3XthH

There seems to be lots of conflicting reports, but I'm sure that the whole truth will come out at Assange's trial. :)

but after hearing what the British members of Parliament said last night I am feeling

more optimistic the two High Court judges will be obliged to grant leave to appeal :)

Unless of course as I said before it is all a preconceived setup :ph34r:

There seems to be lots of conflicting reports, but I'm sure that the whole truth will come out at Assange's trial. :)

but after hearing what the British members of Parliament said last night I am feeling

more optimistic the two High Court judges will be obliged to grant leave to appeal :)

Unless of course as I said before it is all a preconceived setup :ph34r:

I don't like Assange one bit. He is FOS, pretending to be about "openess" while being ultra secretive about himself. His reckless massive release of documents put lives in danger. On top of that, he plain looks like a creep. That said, my gut feeling is that this case is BS. Sounds more like "hell hath no fury like a woman (women) scorned" than anything else. BUT, he should return to Sweden to face the charges. Otherwise he just looks more and more guilty. Sweden isn't known for "kangaroo courts" and he should get treated fairly. And any talk about Sweden being controlled by the Pentagon or CIA is just ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...

5 December 2011 The UK High Court of Appeal has ruled that one of the two points raised by Julia Assange’s team are of "general public importance" and should be considered by the Supreme Court. The point that succeeded was the question of whether a partisan public prosecutor is a ’judicial authority’. The court considered this to be a point of general public importance that affect any person facing extradition to the EU

5 December 2011 The British Parliament has listed a historic extradition debate in Westminster all day on 5 December 2011, the same day that the High Court announces its decision on whether the court certifies the two points of general public interest for a Supreme Court Appeal.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by midas

Ludlam to back Assange at London appeal

" An Australian Greens senator will travel to London to attend the appeal of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to the High Court.

"Will the Australian Government prevent Mr Assange being further extradited from Sweden to the United States for doing what the media have always done, which is bring to light material that governments would prefer to keep secret?" :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8379502/ludlam-to-back-assange-at-london-appeal

Edited by midas