Evacuation Order For Chatuchak, Lat Yao, Sena Nikom, Chandrakasem

webfact

Don't worry about it lads!

You can believe every word Yinglunlucky says, you CAAAANN.

IF YOU'RE SAFE - then you're safe! Simple as~

If next day there's an iota of a little change, then the public and army and police interrupted her BKK Governor's plans. It wasn't she.

If you get wet in BKK, don't worry about it - it'll be a swift clean up.

Water in Pahtum, Band Pa-in/Bang Pun/Rangsit and Don Meuang? Sod them - they aren't a part of the infrastructure of the inner city! B.S.

We'll have that 8 months of stagnant water from bewteen 3 and 4m in our troughed homes for at least 2 months........ followed by Cholera, Typhoid, Leptoscrirosis, in creaed malaria and E-coli.

While the dambusters fail to realise it will get you anyway.

Don't believe it is coming to you, whilst eating your croissant outside of Siam Paragon.

One day you might get a little shock.

-m.:(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not happy about this flood and how is being handling,what you dont know why not ask people that know it to help you?

i am not happy cause your post above is hard to decipher, why not edit it and put it in readable format!!!!!!

I am personally glad you got what we have had since the beginning of July....we are now just starting to clean up...and it is going to take weeks if not months to clean up this mess ...you are only just getting the water...and in 2 months time you also several months to clean it up..enjoy

NAKHON SAWAN....we will over come

What nice brotherly spirit.

Including the weekend market or not?

I am suppose to pick up some items this weekend there.

Weekend Chatuchak Shopping list:

1) Green Mamba Anti-venom

2) Crocodile Net, Heavy Duty

3) Chest-high Wading Boots

4) Portable Toilet

5) Water Purification Equipment

6) 10 Cu Mtr/sec Water Pump (diesel)

7) Flotation Device for Automobile

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

11) Boat Big Enough for All of the Above (except the Jet Ski)

Re item 6). Perhaps you could check whether the pumps thaksin ordered from Korea have arrived, maybe there now on sale at Jatujuk?

Well Thaksin bought pumps for the Thai Government (so most probably his money) and China just donated pumps.

Transfer money to Thaksins new Korean company.

Put a sticker "with love from Thaksin" on the Chinese pumps.

Problem fixed

Once this mess is finally over, perhaps those who took money to vote in the current government, will consider moves to oust them, and finally elect a government made up of people who really care for the Thai population.

And whom would that be? A Thai Democrat who studied for his degree at Oxford or Cambridge? Personally I don't much see the point in that, and if you did then I have to wonder why you aren't back in sunny old England?

Well a Democrat or the next monkey from the coconut tree would be a better premier than the current one.

Once this mess is finally over, perhaps those who took money to vote in the current government, will consider moves to oust them, and finally elect a government made up of people who really care for the Thai population.

Hardly, since the population that voted them in don't either...

i am not happy about this flood and how is being handling,what you dont know why not ask people that know it to help you?

i am not happy cause your post above is hard to decipher, why not edit it and put it in readable format!!!!!!

He may not be a native speaker of English but he is trying to communicate and I can understand the meaning without too much work.

Glad to see new members sharing their perspective.

Much sympathy to all members and non-members who are suffering. Very sorry to see how bad it is for so many people.

Sure would be nice if the army was allowed to restore order and safety and sanity and we get on with the solution.

Does anyone know if I can drive from Samutprakorn down Rama11 road to the by pass road and on to Pattaya on the above motoway.

Im driving from Satun and I dont expect trouble till this area.

you could rent the jet ski in pattaya or pucket there very cheap and 100% insured,:jap: say i send to them,lol, and next week there will be a water shortage in bkk :ph34r:

F... me dead.... we have deadly snakes all over Oz. Snakes will normally "run". Crocs are more of a worry

Now THIS sounds like my kind of a place; what with 'deadly snakes all over and just to add to the fun and games 'Crocs'. Yes, I think that I will up sticks and move to this delightful place! Oh, hang on a minute I've just remembered I don't like flies in my throat, nose and eyes. Lucky I remembered that in time. Yes, stick with the floods and green mambers etc and stick it out.

It is a pretty big mess. The Bangkok "only listen to me" governor overruling the Central Government time after time and some other uneducated hotshots show time after time that they are incompetent. THey should have let the river flow anyhow, it is political suicide to protect yellow <snip> areas and flood the poor.

The BMA is speaking sense and is being mostly logical and doing the best they can; the FROC government run centre is the one giving out totally contradictory advice and failing to manage the locals, with sabotage and negotation about water management now a new thing in Thailand (as opposed to actually running things properly with a clear plan)!

No idea why you think there are some 'yellow shirts' areas being protected; it is quite clear you are trying to make this into some sort of prai vs. amartaya debate...it isn't. Water is coming in, BMA attempts to evacuate and manage, FROC runs around like a headless chicken.

The uneducated simpletons failing to do a decent job...mostly/almost all on the FROC side. Remember 1000 motor boats; Bangkok safe; Bangkok will be flooded for a month; raising the flood gates up to 1.5m at Klong Sam Wa; rebranding donations; turning down donations of clothes; failing to hand out donations; attempted muzzling media control of NGOs; promising then failing to protect estates north of Bangkok; failing to provide basic information to citizens of Thailand? FROC/Government's filthy and mostly dry hands all over that incompetence.

For every viewpoint there is an opposite one, for every argument there is a counter argument, for every accusation a counter accusation. This is the Thai style of politics, and it seems that many farangs have become naturalised into adopting the same style.

One thing is clear the Governor of Bangkok has much to answer for, just as much as many PT members, to deny this is taking political loyalty too far. This is a land where everyone with a smidgin of power is on the make regardless of their political affiliations, to say it is the sole domain of the PT is cloud cuckoo land, which is where many writers seem to live.

I call BS on this, no one with knowledge of this situation has said anything like this worthy of considering (a couple who know better have said just about everything/anything.) Who are you that I should consider your opinion, a newbie with three posts and five random keyboard strokes for a name?

Jeez, what a sad post indeed!

All of us we were newbies once. I have lived continuously in Thailand for 20 years (anniversary on 28th of this month) and I have only about 100 posts to my name. So, is my opinion worth anything to you?

Also, perhaps "Pjhjr" is Rumanian for Peter ............you never know!!!! blink.gif

It is a pretty big mess. The Bangkok "only listen to me" governor overruling the Central Government time after time and some other uneducated hotshots show time after time that they are incompetent. THey should have let the river flow anyhow, it is political suicide to protect yellow <snip> areas and flood the poor.

The BMA is speaking sense and is being mostly logical and doing the best they can; the FROC government run centre is the one giving out totally contradictory advice and failing to manage the locals, with sabotage and negotation about water management now a new thing in Thailand (as opposed to actually running things properly with a clear plan)!

No idea why you think there are some 'yellow shirts' areas being protected; it is quite clear you are trying to make this into some sort of prai vs. amartaya debate...it isn't. Water is coming in, BMA attempts to evacuate and manage, FROC runs around like a headless chicken.

The uneducated simpletons failing to do a decent job...mostly/almost all on the FROC side. Remember 1000 motor boats; Bangkok safe; Bangkok will be flooded for a month; raising the flood gates up to 1.5m at Klong Sam Wa; rebranding donations; turning down donations of clothes; failing to hand out donations; attempted muzzling media control of NGOs; promising then failing to protect estates north of Bangkok; failing to provide basic information to citizens of Thailand? FROC/Government's filthy and mostly dry hands all over that incompetence.

The last paragraph in my opinion totally sums up Thai government officials. Thai politicians are not elected for the people, they are elected for their own benefit. I mean if I spent 300 million baht for a minstry position I would expect some return right? For anyone to think that a government official is there to help is crazy, they love disasters as it is the perfect way to steal money with very little checks or authorisation. They have been given a blank chequebook to spend. How can anyone expect a PM to lead a nation when they have no experience. This is no different actually to what happens in most western countries now days as capitalism and materialism become the sole drivers of economic prosperity.

One more item, the gov needs to display a facade that they are normal.

With all of this flooding in BK and so on I have not seen or read anything about the underground rail system.is it still running or is it flooded?Like to hear from someone in Bk at the moment.

At he present rate, soon to be flooded.

With all of this flooding in BK and so on I have not seen or read anything about the underground rail system.is it still running or is it flooded?Like to hear from someone in Bk at the moment.

It's still running, and the more vulnerable stations have got substantial aluminium flood walls installed at the entrances.

He's right I was on it yesterday (Thurs. 3rd) on my way to the old Suan Plum Immigration center. It's working perfectly, fast and efficient, even better than the BTS. I wondered when they built it how they would keep it from flooding in a tropical rainforest without properly qualified engineers for the most part here in Thailand...I guess they figured it out.

Sounds like an advertizement for MRT.

Chieng Mai is flooding with people and traffic :ph34r:

Errrr no it isn't I've just walked around the moat (yes all of it) and traffic is nomral. Bookings up but that is to be expected. Still loads of empty accomodation around town but of course that could (and probably will) change soon.

sound like another disgruntaled yellow shirt elitest , the flood was gods work blame god stop talking and go out and help your family or friends that are suffering use your energy more wisely

I hope God smack you for blaming him for something that clearly was a man-made cluster-f*ckup.