1993-1994 Yamaha Gts1000

Kwasaki

Sat on one of these in Thailand yesterday and got the chance to give it a bit of a spin today minus the 3 consumed bottles of Chang.

Weird front feel but OK, take some getting use to for someone like me, never tried the BM's with this set up but the BM's set up is not really the same.

Rare machine can't say I ever saw one in UK, very heavy machine but low down weight, was quite impressed, anybody owed one here, or even seen one come to that.

post-87530-0-50156500-1320680845_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki

Looks interesting. How does it handle?

Surprising well, it's quite an experiance, feels like you can float over the bumps all day and not know it, would of liked to do some twisty road on it, wide bars and low down weight, felt good, did a U turn easy.

It was a much better ride than the CBR1000F I once had which was top heavy, picture bottom left, UK 1970 on an ' H ' plate.

A rare one indeed. Looks a bit hefty, but beautiful... cool suspension... So how does it handle?

As " BJS " reply, armchair comfort and right it is heavy some 251 kg but the motor still pulls very strong, Genesis engine a nice one.

I like the look of it. Had a friend in the UK who owned one but got rid of it as they hated the way it handled.

Yeah !! I guess the ride is hate it or like it, would take some getting use to after a sports bike, I would still prefer a 1200 bandit.

Mine was like this but with a twin headlight conversion and a fly screen.

post-87530-0-59623200-1320729127_thumb.j

post-87530-0-36943500-1320731866_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki