Daily Flood Locations Nov. 15Th

cdnvic

Hi ETA,

Have you had any news about our moo baan Noble Geo Watcharaphon? Do you know if the water is down and is it possible to reach there by car?

I have not had any info since last week nd I cannot reach the village management.

I would greatly appreciate a reply if you have any up to date news on the village and neighbourhood.

Not sure if it is the same at your village, but at Narasiri the village is now about 1/2 dry. They were really able to pump it out a lot in the last few days. W. Road is still too high for normal cars though. Hopefully that will be down by next weekend or next week. You're pretty close to me, so I suppose it will be quite the same.

Hopefully is the word of the day. I'm not rushing to go back and have my kids live around that stinking polluted mess, I fear there will be afteflood problemsm my daughter has already once had dengue and I won't want to risk her getting it again. We plan to take the opportunity to have the ground floor completely renovated and we've actualyy signed a 6 month lease where we are staying now downtown.

It would be nice though to have it dry up at home and have some kind of certainty going forward. I am concerned that the breach in the BBB will make things turn for the worse, if it does so be it as others have suffered much worse.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We want to go to Kanchanaburi later today..apparently the only way is out to Samut Sakhon, then take the 3094 to Nakhon Pathon and onwards. However are a little worried about getting back in a day or two as reports say Samut Sakhon is next for the water.........any views/advice please

I think you mean the 3097. Don't take this road there are major roadworks (unrelated to the flooding) and it's single carriageway in lots of places.

Go to Samut Songkram and take the 326 via Damnoen Saduek. It comes out on Petchkasem close to the road to Kanchanaburi.

Thanks..saw this too late...yes I ment the 3097.....we saw the Bangkok - Kanchanaburi Van...should have followed it!!!

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment 14 Nov 2011, Dr Seree Supharatid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara got another 5 minutes of programming time covering the Bang Chan and Lat Krabang Industrial Estates situation.

Max, it looks like they can't pump water near the Bang Chan industrial estate fast enough to areas south of it. Where the water level last night was 17cm, it is now 55 cm in the same location and rising. This is a fast increase and indicates it is being pumped directly at us. Watch out Samut Prakan, because it will go through us, underneath Bangna, and will be coming to a theater near you, soon.

Where was that increase measured? Maybe they should put those early Dutch days in Ayutthaya pumps online that jumbo had mentioned. No, that was Lat Krabang. Have they completed the upgrade of those Ayutthaya pumps from wind to diesel yet, jumbo?

Anyway, Dr. Seree has given a 7-day disclaimer last night.

Did I say 55 cm in my last message? Now, as measured by the BMA, it is 68 cm! That is a 51 cm increase in one day for water that Dr. Seree said travels at 3 km each day. Clearly, the BMA is pumping it right at us (just east of the King's Park - Suan Luang Rama IX). You can see it yourself via the BMA's map on Bangkokgis.com. I think, with all the talk about how everything has improved, they are feeling pressure to actually make things improve. They tried to pump the water further east of us (we were one of those districts expected to escape the flooding), but that failed. Now, it is a matter of just pumping it as hard and as fast through the existing klongs through Prawet to Samut Prakan and into the ocean. Also, from Onnuj, down to Sukhumvit (a lot of reports of them working on Sukhumvit's drainage) to the Rama IV superdrain.

A positive for Richard Barrow (whose tweets I read religiously), he won't have to go far in a few days to find the flooding.

If this is what it takes to move it out of Bangkok to the ocean, then I am all for it, even though it means it will come right through us.

That is a lot of water! Hope we won't get too much of that here in Saphan Soong. The water went up quite fast last week at Krungthep Kreetha, but for the last few days it has only risen a bit. One strage thing is that they have managed to keep Moo Baan Nakkila dry. A few days ago, the water almost started running into Nakkila around Krungthep Kreetha 32, but the it stopped and dried up, while Krungthep Kreetha got more water... Now they have been sealing all the electric boxes in Moo Baan Nakkila and started to deliver truck loads of sand and and bags, so now I wonder if we will get more water, but the try to keep it away for a few days so people can prepare better.

I have some great news. One of my roommates went to my home today and the water is no longer on the inside. A little mud remains on the floor and that's about it. The level inside was less than 30cm and no huge damage appears to have happened. Nothing looted either. Outside, the soi is about 45cm in water and dropping. This is near Klong 3, Rangsit.

I do have an update regarding Nakhon Nayok rd. and it was translated from Thai:

"Update today situation by Future Park Society

Rangsit-NakornNayok Road From Sapan Daeng Klong 1 to Klong 2, water level is at 20 - 40 cm. Klong 2 bridge up and down, a bit flood.

Klong 3, going down for 200 mtr. (opposite of Bueng YeeToo Municipal) water level is at 30 cm.

From Klong 1 - 7, recommends to pass by using ordinary van (pick-up van)"

Klong 1 and 2 markets are open selling fresh veggies and meat with many stores and shops open as well. Future Park will open this Friday.

For those of you flooded I sincerely hope your home will be like mine. Minimal damage and not a lot of water.

I've looked around in the forums and could not find this information so I hope this is the right place for my question.

My GF is flying into Bangkok on Dec 30 and after about 3 days there we wanted to go south for a few days on a beach before turning back north. Does anybody know if these floodwaters are expected to cause trouble further south as they recede from the Bangkok area? A friend suggested we look at Cha-am as it is not quite the scene of other beaches and is relatively quiet but as I look at the map it seems to be close enough that it could be in the path.

Anyway, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

By that time I think it should be all right. Southern part of Thailand is getting plenty of rain during December, especially the East coast. But it is hit or miss anyway, it doesn't rain continuously so you might be lucky. Cha-am is a safe bet as it is not affected by rain or flood in that period. But the best sea during that time is around Rayong, Trad (Koh Chang). Just let her come, there shouldn't be major problems by that time.

Hopefully is the word of the day. I'm not rushing to go back and have my kids live around that stinking polluted mess, I fear there will be afteflood problemsm my daughter has already once had dengue and I won't want to risk her getting it again. We plan to take the opportunity to have the ground floor completely renovated and we've actualyy signed a 6 month lease where we are staying now downtown.

It would be nice though to have it dry up at home and have some kind of certainty going forward. I am concerned that the breach in the BBB will make things turn for the worse, if it does so be it as others have suffered much worse.

I've been very happy with my village mgt team. they have provided me a dozen pics or so every day of the village with comments in a mass email they send to everyone that has given them an email address...in Thai, but gmail translates it. They give the water measurements at several areas in the village and outside. Very nice, and they also have given me their phone number and the main guy speaks english well, though my Thai isn't bad so we can use either language. Thye were also fast to provide a truck shuttle service from Tesco over by Ramintra.

They have been cleaning since the water started falling, scooping the vegetable stew out little by little. As things dry up they are scrubbing the streets down, and they use some chemicals to keep the smell and stagnation down. I have to say that Plus Property Services have done a great job,and I will write a glowing review to the main office when things are done. We definitely pay a bigger village fee than most, but they are quite transparent, encourage a strong village government, and have been outstanding during this crisis.

I've been very happy with my village mgt team. they have provided me a dozen pics or so every day of the village with comments in a mass email they send to everyone that has given them an email address...in Thai, but gmail translates it. They give the water measurements at several areas in the village and outside. Very nice, and they also have given me their phone number and the main guy speaks english well, though my Thai isn't bad so we can use either language. Thye were also fast to provide a truck shuttle service from Tesco over by Ramintra.

They have been cleaning since the water started falling, scooping the vegetable stew out little by little. As things dry up they are scrubbing the streets down, and they use some chemicals to keep the smell and stagnation down. I have to say that Plus Property Services have done a great job,and I will write a glowing review to the main office when things are done. We definitely pay a bigger village fee than most, but they are quite transparent, encourage a strong village government, and have been outstanding during this crisis.

ha ha ha . . . I response quick since I have a completely different experience. although the maintence guys really do their best, the moo baan guys disappeared and not reachable.

the SMS updated getting less and less, think no news is a good news :-)

one silly incident - one soi get less water while other were 50cm+. twelve houses collected extra money and asked to buy extra pumps for that soi. holy . . . :bah:

That is a lot of water! Hope we won't get too much of that here in Saphan Soong. The water went up quite fast last week at Krungthep Kreetha, but for the last few days it has only risen a bit. One strage thing is that they have managed to keep Moo Baan Nakkila dry. A few days ago, the water almost started running into Nakkila around Krungthep Kreetha 32, but the it stopped and dried up, while Krungthep Kreetha got more water... Now they have been sealing all the electric boxes in Moo Baan Nakkila and started to deliver truck loads of sand and and bags, so now I wonder if we will get more water, but the try to keep it away for a few days so people can prepare better.

I have been watching the flooding at Krungthep Kreetha (KK)because it is so close to us (and I have played golf there). Clearly they are trying to keep you guys dry and your elevation is most probably why you didn't flood when KK road did. Since it hasn't flooded yet it will probably not be too bad, although there is a lot of water behind you (and me) waiting to come through.

Chalermprakiat 28 is starting to overflow by the khlong. This is a major cut through from Chalermprakiat (aka Udomsook or Suk soi 103) to Bangna,the outer ring road and the airport. This is surprising given the BMA has been working on the khlong for the past two months and also has rushed finishing the drainage systems, putting in new roads etc. They are still working on the khlong (their machinery has cut it down to one way traffic in this spot).

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I live in Chalermprakiat 28 (Soi Thungsetthi next to Ram2 University 13:40:13:55 N 100:41:20:79 E) and so far nothing on the street.

I just noticed that again the water in the sewer came up to just about 20 cm below street level. This was the case 3 days ago, but then it went down again for more than one meter.

Edited by zappalot

interesting clips on CNN http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/14/world/asia/thailand-floods/index.html?iref=allsearch

I keep finding doggies from my litters in good condition there too. It's half Yorkshire terrier and half poodle breed which I took from a vet who had no way to take care of all the dogs she had 10 years ago. There're about 150 of them around now which I gave away.

They seem to be very photogenic.

Edited by elcent

Does anyone have any info whether the Central Pier near Saphan Taksin is flooded?

Ideally I would like to catch the boat from there to the Chang Pier, which I also heard is somewhat flooded.

My plan is to get from the Central Pier to the Grand Palace via the Chao Phraya River.

Should I depart at the Chang Pier? Or another location?