Giving Birth In Hua Hin

annouchka

Dear all,

I will be probably giving birth in Hua Hin end of next month and was wondering if anyone had an experience with hospitals/doctors/birth assistants (doulas) here. I have visited the BGK Hospital today and have a good feeling about it and Dr Kitti. But I am still in need of a doula to back up for my `initially planned` doula in a case the baby arrives earlier than planned.

Thanks for your advice!

Anna

We have been seeing Dr. Kitti for the last few weeks, seeing as we are stuck in Hua Hin. Normally we use Vibhavadi hospital in Bangkok, but it is flooded at the moment.

My wife is 41 weeks at the moment and will induce labor this week if baby doesn't arrive. So far Dr. Kitti seems fine and can speak good English (seems to speak more English than Thai).

Bangkok Hospital is very nice, everything is brand new and top of the line equipment; I was relived to find out it's about the same price as Vibhavadi (32000 for normal delivery).

Note that their billing system is pretty unreliable; on our first visit the check up cost 6000 (we figured it was just an expensive hospital and maybe they charges us for transferring records or something). The next week the checkup was only 800; turns out they had overcharged us by 4500 on the first visit for an IV drip that we never got. They did refund the money, but make sure you check your bills.

• 2 weeks later...