Daily Flood Locations Nov. 18Th & 19Th

cdnvic

thanks MaxYakov

just worry if this 29 cubic meter /second will make more trouble at Sukhaphiban 5 and Watcharapol area. I also find a short news ( in Thai ) on TPBS about controlling the situation.

http://news.thaipbs.or.th/video/ผบตรสั่งคุมเข้ม-13-จุดที่มีปัญหารื้อคันกั้นน้ำ

will watch the comprehensive TPBS news soon !!

I missed the TPBS news last evening ( Nov 17, 2011 ). on MaxYakov's image #5 ( or the the TPBS Thai map

http://www3.thaipbs.or.th/flood54/infographic.asp?newsid=C0002141

) I spotted on the breach of BBB at Sai Mai / klong Hok Wa. is it 2.9 CMS, or 29 CMS ? that makes a big different :-(

I need stronger reading glasses :-)

it was 29 CM/sec but I saw some video today that indicated the Sai Mai breach may have been closed.

Hey all,

I live and work around Prachinwet 1 / Wat Samiennari area. It was flooded, but now is dry for the most part around Khlong Prapa. There is still water at the other end near the temple.

Tomorrow I need to drive from Wongsawon to Kaset Nawamin, any ideas? I usually will drive up Ngamwongwan to Nawamin all the way to the big apple and turn left. As far as i know that is not possible in my small toyota....Changwattana also i assume. Could try going up Ratchada and turn left towards Kaset? Im not that familiar with other routes.

Thanks for all ideas!!!!

Edited by joeyswags

Yesterday did this route from Hua Hin to Bkk [NOT Rama 2 route] and found no problems at all only traffic, will try tomorrow to go home.

Anyone know Bang Yai and San Noi water conditions ?

both the Yai and Noi have been good ta go for a while now. Neither breached the walls. Cops made the owners clear their parked cars on the bridges of Thanon Itsaraphap and Arun Ammarin, so that's a good sign.

Today for the 1st time in a month, my trusty ScooterSteed was able to go over the Pinklao bridge, go down Thanon Somdet Phra Pinklao (on the correct side of the road) and make a left on Charon Sanitwong to get to Bangkok Noi without any worries!! Quite the 'earthy' smell tho.

Wee bit'O'water between the PATA pedestrian bridge and the beginning of the flyover for Charon Sanitwong but as long as you hug the median, it's only 10c-ish.

Some of the business' are even open along the way. Must of been a tough cleanup. My guess is the old Tesco in the basement of PATA is a total loss.

Yesterday did this route from Hua Hin to Bkk [NOT Rama 2 route] and found no problems at all only traffic, will try tomorrow to go home.

both the Yai and Noi have been good ta go for a while now. Neither breached the walls. Cops made the owners clear their parked cars on the bridges of Thanon Itsaraphap and Arun Ammarin, so that's a good sign.

Today for the 1st time in a month, my trusty ScooterSteed was able to go over the Pinklao bridge, go down Thanon Somdet Phra Pinklao (on the correct side of the road) and make a left on Charon Sanitwong to get to Bangkok Noi without any worries!! Quite the 'earthy' smell tho.

Wee bit'O'water between the PATA pedestrian bridge and the beginning of the flyover for Charon Sanitwong but as long as you hug the median, it's only 10c-ish.

Some of the business' are even open along the way. Must of been a tough cleanup. My guess is the old Tesco in the basement of PATA is a total loss.

Managed to get home, at 6pm yesterday, still about 30 cm in the Village...

No idea where the 'both the Yai and Noi have been good ta go for a while now. Neither breached the walls.' news came from ?

From BKK more or less followed the BTS to the Mo Chit Market ALL fine only heavy traffic, likewise to Nonthaburi...... 4.5 hours and 50 km...... Then the fun started, I have a Hi-Racer pickup, did not see any normal pickups as water would have been to deep, Bang Yai in very slowly passing, appeared only boats, construction they are busy with sandbags and big concert barriers on the main road...... 1st turn the new wide road by 'Koncept' cannot pass, only boats and big Army Trucks, the next road just pass 'Isuzu' pass with care, only high pickups and Army Truck were on this road.

Bang Yai, Index, Tops, Big C and Big C Extra were closed at 5p when passing, underwater., in using my turn towards Sai Noi 4x 7/11 along this road were still closed, as was Tesco Express and 108 Mini Mart that is now 7 weeks.

The bridge over the empty main road coming down to Bang Yai can see a long way towards BKK nothing not even big trucks on that part. Forget is this Route 302 ? The odd big truck going the other way had to turn off towards Nonthaburi,,,,on the side of the road just before Bang Yai 2 cars parks the water was 1/2 way up there windows, so still about 1.5 m deep...

Edited by ignis

yesterday did Lat Krabang - Ayutthaya via Kanchanapisek #9, great ride till the tollgate at Rangsit

Stuck there is slow driving traffic for an hour, the road is a total mess there..

Noticed the other ways seem thing, must have been Friday traffic

Thanon Aisa # 32 jammed/slow driving around HiTech Estate because they were cleaning up the road (during peak hour :unsure::blink:)

took another hour

All and all three hours that I usually do in one hour

all cars can pass...all roads I took

I thought I would agree with you about the old Tesco in the basement of PATA, but I don't see what the difference would be. It stunk to high heaven anyway and was horrible to be in, they won't have to do a lot to get it back to that level again ;)

Ed, what walls can Bang Yai breach ? Just out of curiosity i thought water was free flowing from there.

Here in our village 4km up the road from Big King towards sai Noi they are pumping the village dry. Personally i think its an exercise in futility as we are still flooded around us. I was happy with the 2 cm a day of progress that we were making.

Today they pumped out a lot of water but right onto the road (doubt it will make much difference for the road). But i dont see why they are doing it as long as water can come in through our drains. Also those pumps wont be active forever (think most will go back soon to other places)

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment, 18 Nov 2011, Dr. Seree Supratid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara covered their visit to various recent flooding locations: The Thanon Chantharu Beksa BBB breach, Khlong 2 and Sai Mai (images 11_18c,e,g,h). Some of these images were from the Thai-language segment.

The Thai-language segment, which preceded it, had a very similar presentation and similar maps: Central/Eastern Bangkok and a proposed future, multi-canal system (images 11_18k,n). His map does not show the Hok Wa BBB breach to be open. I'm not sure what the situation is.

View the entire English-language segment of 'Thailand's Worst Flood' 18 Nov 2011. The 17 Nov 2011 segment has apparently not been posted.

post-120659-0-02836700-1321695455_thumb.

post-120659-0-78571400-1321695518_thumb.

post-120659-0-03551500-1321695574_thumb.

post-120659-0-65173300-1321695696_thumb.

post-120659-0-73382700-1321695741_thumb.

post-120659-0-64502700-1321695830_thumb.

post-120659-0-42604100-1321696061_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Ed, what walls can Bang Yai breach ? Just out of curiosity i thought water was free flowing from there.

Here in our village 4km up the road from Big King towards sai Noi they are pumping the village dry. Personally i think its an exercise in futility as we are still flooded around us. I was happy with the 2 cm a day of progress that we were making.

Today they pumped out a lot of water but right onto the road (doubt it will make much difference for the road). But i dont see why they are doing it as long as water can come in through our drains. Also those pumps wont be active forever (think most will go back soon to other places)

My Bad...In my dyslexic predawn Leo-induced blurry eyed vision, I read BangKOK Yai instead of Bang Yai. Sorry for the confusion/delusion.

For all those who haven't glued da clues, I was referring to the forgotten side of the River...the Bangkok Yai/Noi/Arun Amarin/Pinklao side.

Early this morn, the Police were removing their checkpoint-queuing tents on either end of the Pinklao Bridge and opening up all lane to traffic. So it looks as tho this section is on the backside of the Flood of 11!

Still a lotta mud/dirt and debris in the road so careful driving out there ya'll, and remember, the mud is slick with slime so if your on 2 wheels, be extra vigilant.

Hubby is flying into Bangkok Dec 1. We usually stay for a night or two at Thong Ta Resort 1894 Lad Krabang Road, Lad Krabang, Bangkok, before continuing on to Samui. Can anyone tell me if this area was or is flooded?

thank you

Edited by careless

This flood map is great!

I don´t know if it has been posted

here before.

http://thaicrisis.ch.../CUMap/?lang=en

Blank display with my platform: Apple Intel Mac OS X 10.6 / Mozilla Firefox 3.6.24

I downloaded Google Crome, worked nice!

+1

It's Excellent........and thank you for sharing Sky Walker jap.gif

I, too, tried Chrome. Same symptoms. Could display the Home page and the 'Crisis Report' page OK, but the 'Flood Report' page was a white-out. This must be a Mac thing. Thanks much for the recommendation/updates, though.

An Aside: Took the opportunity to evaluate Chrome on my platform. On my Mac, compared to Firefox, it's both a memory-hog AND a CPU-thrasher with a large number of Tabs open (> 30). I loaded the same URLs into Chrome Tabs that I had open in my Firefox browser; A laborious process for 35 URLs/Tabs, but I wanted a good comparison.

The reason: Chrome does not use lightweight threads and appears to have a separate 'Google Renderer' process for each Tab as well as a separate Google Shock-Wave process. This is very inefficient from a process-scheduling and performance standpoint. This leads to excessive memory usage because each process (Tab) uses about 50 MB. With 35 Tabs open, Chrome used around 1.5 GB of memory, including the 200 MB-using Shock-Wave process. Firefox used < 600 MB for the same URL/Tab set.

On the plus side, the installation and Firefox bookmark import went very smoothly until it tried to install iChat and I didn't have the password.

I can't speak for the M$ platforms, but I'd be surprised if they implemented lightweight processes/threads on M$, but not on Mac. It's possible ... anything is. If I were running Chrome on a M$ platform (or any platform), I'd certainly be looking at its memory and process usage. The 1.5 GB of memory consumed on my Mac for 35 tabs was patently absurd (compared to Firefox).

What's this got to do with flooding? Not much, but it's marginally more interesting - flooded-out these days, figuratively speaking, of course. Both high and dry in Sukumvit.

Edited by MaxYakov