Dns Problem

stats

Hey guys need help here,

Windows: XP SP2

Internet Conneciton : Hutch Cable Internet

The problem is ..I edited my website and upload it to my Web hosting but it seems that it never show the edited site : But my friends says its updated.. somehow i cant seems to see the updated site from my Computer...

cleared everything Chache,Internet Temporary files and i even reinstall my Windows XP..

I think the problem is DNS...

HOW DO I CHANGE THE DNS USING HUTCH

Tytus :o

Edited by tytus

Tytus,

Try clicking on the refresh button a few times (quickly, like 5 times in 1 second) while simultaniously holding the shift key down.

This should force both your browser and your ISP's proxy to go and fetch the latest version from your website server...

Hi Monty

Well there is no improvement :o still the same website im seeing... When to the internet cafe but the site is an updated one...

Anyway there is still another 2 months of warranty for my notebook ...

Anyone here knows where i could sell them off ??? Pantip ? Or anywhere with good price ?

I bought the Notebook 10 months ago for 49k Thai Baht..

Belta Mini Mollis

Intel Centro Mobile

HD 40 Gig, 512 DDR

12 Inch screen

Please do let me know where can i sell them off as i think its better to get a brand new Notebook

Edited by tytus

Guest DragonStar

In IE, click menu 'Files' and look at option 'Work Offline'. If it has a checkmark - click it so the checkmark disappears.

If there's no checkmark, you'll have only three options (I can think of) to watch you updated page:

1) Click menu 'Tools-->Internet Options-->General-->Delete Files

2) Buy a new computer

3) Go somewhere else

tried everything :o still the same) found this at the XP The Help and Support

Netsh commands for Interface IP

You can use commands in the Netsh Interface IP context to configure the TCP/IP protocol (including addresses, default gateways, DNS servers, and WINS servers) and to display configuration and statistical information.

You can run these commands from the Windows XP command prompt or from the command prompt for the Netsh Interface IP context. For these commands to work at the Windows XP command prompt, you must type netsh interface ip before typing commands and parameters as they appear in the syntax below. To run these Netsh commands on a remote Windows 2000 Server, you must first use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a Windows 2000 Server that is running Terminal Server. There might be functional differences between Netsh context commands on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

Deletes an IP address or a default gateway on a statically configured interface.

Syntax

delete address [name=]InterfaceName [addr=] IPAddress [[gateway=]{DefaultGateway | all}]

Parameters

[name=]InterfaceName

Required. Specifies the name of the interface for which you want to delete address and gateway information. The InterfaceName parameter must match the name of the interface as specified in Network Connections. If InterfaceName contains spaces, use quotation marks around the text (for example, "Interface Name").

[addr=]IPAddress

Required. Specifies the IP address to delete.

[gateway=]{DefaultGateway | all}

Specifies whether to delete one default gateway or all default gateways. If only one default gateway should be deleted, DefaultGateway specifies the IP address of the default gateway to be deleted.

What do i actually type at the netsh command promt ?

Simple solution..

when you have www.websute.com/webpage and it doesnt update (annoying when testing published sites) try simply adding ?1234 or other random chars after the ? to have www.website.com/webpage?1234..

I believe this then forces a new page due to processing it as a cgi request but not absolutely certain on that.. always works for me..

Well ok got the answer to all my question...

My domain now is lost in space ......

According to namecheap there have been an error while registering nameserver ns1 & ns2 ... It is mixed up with my ISP and also error during dns set up...

the best part is that my domain name is named cyberworldspace LOL

And now its really lost in space . LOL

Namecheap is now trying to get back information and hope that the domain will resolved to my nameserver in 72 hours..

Just sold my Belta Pentium M Centrino to Global co.ltd at Pantip for the price of 25K Thb .LOL good bargain..

and now i have bought the new Toshiba Satellite.. :o

Edited by tytus