Learned From Thaivisa

mr78

What have you learned from Thaivisa? Mods can feel free to move the thread if it's placed wrong.

Here are some of the things i've learned from Thaivisa.

*Expats are way richer than average people! Most expats seem to earn my yearly wage in a month or so.

*Expats girlfriends/wifes have never set foot in a bar, they are all bussiness women from bkk or something similar.

*When a Thai looks upon a farang, what they see is not a person but an ATM.

*All Thai people are out to scam expats, they like nothing more than to get their hands on the wealthy expats wallet.

*The harder a post is to understand, the smarter are the person who wrote it.

*Relationships with bargirls allways end in tragedy.

*Starting a bussiness and generate an income from it in Los is close to impossible.

Im sure there are many more lessons to learn, feel free to add your's

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Computer literacy is not literacy.

Any looser can use a computer to there harts' contend.

A lot of what I learn from Thaivisa I learn while checking my facts on wikipedia when I am posting - generally regarding historic rugby league scores, to be fair, so possibly not a great deal of use in day-to-day living in Thailand...

SC

I have learned various ways to obtain visa's, make more "profit" through farming. Also there are a never ending supply of Thai visa expert expats that are purely negative yet have never had the gumption to try and do anything other than prop up the bar.

I must be feeling positive today :)

Good post, your dead right, their are many keyboard warriors on here. I especially like the non-drinkers who make out people who like a beer are all raving alcoholics and just because my girlfriend joins me for a drink it means she is an ex-bar girl who is either stealing all my money now, or will do in the future whistling.gif

I've learnt that many ex-pats have serious mental health problems.

+1

I was suprised to learn how many enbittered expats with chips on their shoulders are married to Hi-so Thai/chinese wives, who have at least masters/doctorates and whose family are well connected in the goverment/military/police (tick the applicable)

I am always amused by posters that can't, somehow, use spell-check.

Somebody mentioned to me recently that if you want to make a small fortune in business in Thailand - start with a big one! whistling.gif

I've been here for many years, but next year I am going to give the Philippines a go. I'm sure that the 'negatives' will be there also, but hey-ho, it's still better than living in UK.

Somebody mentioned to me recently that if you want to make a small fortune in business in Thailand - start with a big one! whistling.gif

I've been here for many years, but next year I am going to give the Philippines a go. I'm sure that the 'negatives' will be there also, but hey-ho, it's still better than living in UK.

that all depends how miserable your existence was in the U.K :whistling:

I learned that people whose lives revolve around access to prostitution believe everyone else is here for the same reasons.

why,,,,,,

all thai girl say,

i never go farang before , many sure.

:jap:

economic eric, i cant afford to live in the civilised world . :annoyed:

I was surprised to learn how many people on this forum HATE SO MUCH THINGS ABOUT THAILAND, Thai people, Thai weather, Thai baht, Thai airways, Pattaya, Pattaya beaches, Bar girls, Traffic, Lack of "american style pizza", Houses, Condos, Land, Real Estate in general, Immigration, TOT, AIS, DTAC, Spohon cable, Pattaya newspapers, Government, Hua Hin, Police, Street food, Price of Eggs, Price of Beer, 7/11 Staff, Tesco, Big C Extra, Price of new cars, Price of second hand cars, Price of just about everything, Quality of Fish & Chips/Steaks/Mexican food/Itallian food/The ammount of tourist traps in Thailand, Dangerous driving, Soi dogs, Drainage, Lighting, Electric cables, English style pubs, Irish style pubs, Cracks in the footpaths, Holes in the roads, Traffic lights not working, too much traffic lights, Not enough traffic lights, Shop opening times, Shop closing times, People,Places and Things in general .................................. Add infanitum,...... Yet they still remain here bashing away at their keyboards HATING everything in an attempt to make themselves look good or feel better!!

Rant over!! :crazy:

I don't use spell check, there are enough people on here to correct me and it gives them a sense of importance. :D

Well, Since im Swedish i own a computer with Swedish software and Swedish spell check, also i have a large amount of faith in the readers of this thread and do not doubt, even for a second that they are able to process what i am writing, spell check or not.

I was surprised to learn how many people on this forum HATE SO MUCH THINGS ABOUT THAILAND, Thai people, Thai weather, Thai baht, Thai airways, Pattaya, Pattaya beaches, Bar girls, Traffic, Lack of "american style pizza", Houses, Condos, Land, Real Estate in general, Immigration, TOT, AIS, DTAC, Spohon cable, Pattaya newspapers, Government, Hua Hin, Police, Street food, Price of Eggs, Price of Beer, 7/11 Staff, Tesco, Big C Extra, Price of new cars, Price of second hand cars, Price of just about everything, Quality of Fish & Chips/Steaks/Mexican food/Itallian food/The ammount of tourist traps in Thailand, Dangerous driving, Soi dogs, Drainage, Lighting, Electric cables, English style pubs, Irish style pubs, Cracks in the footpaths, Holes in the roads, Traffic lights not working, too much traffic lights, Not enough traffic lights, Shop opening times, Shop closing times, People,Places and Things in general .................................. Add infanitum,...... Yet they still remain here bashing away at their keyboards HATING everything in an attempt to make themselves look good or feel better!!

+1

and thanks for that, you saved me a lot of typing.

But you did miss out on the facts that

Every second farang in Thailand is connected to Don Corleone, Tony Soprano or the Krays

By Ex-Pat law you must obsess about Thaksin and the current state of politics in Thailand

There are at least 14 squadrons worth of Ex-SAS soldiers in Thailand, or maybe just in Pattaya alone?

in udon , we have the youngest war vets ever.

i will never forget that day , of active service.

:jap:

I learned that people whose lives revolve around access to prostitution believe everyone else is here for the same reasons.

That really is the truth.

And the very same folk are usually experts in Thai women.

And the very same folk are usually incapable of seeing that it is they and not the majority of ex-pats who are socially inadequate.

+1

and thanks for that, you saved me a lot of typing.

But you did miss out on the facts that

Every second farang in Thailand is connected to Don Corleone, Tony Soprano or the Krays

By Ex-Pat law you must obsess about Thaksin and the current state of politics in Thailand

And that was just this week!!:lol:

That ex-pats are mostly wholesome decent folk. Go to church every Sunday, never leave the sides of their wife`s and kids and are safely tucked up in bed before 10.00 every night in preparation for the next day when they will make the wife breakfast and complete all the household chores.

And those who visit bars, like a drink and a bit of debauchery now and then are sinners, the lowest of the low and should be eradicated from Thailand.