Learned From Thaivisa

mr78

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to learn how many people on this forum HATE SO MUCH THINGS ABOUT THAILAND, Thai people, Thai weather, Thai baht, Thai airways, Pattaya, Pattaya beaches, Bar girls, Traffic, Lack of "american style pizza", Houses, Condos, Land, Real Estate in general, Immigration, TOT, AIS, DTAC, Spohon cable, Pattaya newspapers, Government, Hua Hin, Police, Street food, Price of Eggs, Price of Beer, 7/11 Staff, Tesco, Big C Extra, Price of new cars, Price of second hand cars, Price of just about everything, Quality of Fish & Chips/Steaks/Mexican food/Itallian food/The ammount of tourist traps in Thailand, Dangerous driving, Soi dogs, Drainage, Lighting, Electric cables, English style pubs, Irish style pubs, Cracks in the footpaths, Holes in the roads, Traffic lights not working, too much traffic lights, Not enough traffic lights, Shop opening times, Shop closing times, People,Places and Things in general .................................. Add infanitum,...... Yet they still remain here bashing away at their keyboards HATING everything in an attempt to make themselves look good or feel better!!

Rant over!! :crazy:

Brilliant post Lenny W; just about sums up this forum perfectly.

The amazing number of TVF members who would have trouble ordering a beer in Thai, and yet are very knowledgeable about Thai politics.

The only place I've ever had trouble ordering beer was Japan; in the end we gave up and got some from a machine outside seven-eleven.

And, I suppose, sometimes when I've been too successful, the world over, and needed a carry-out...

SC

I am always amused by posters that can't, somehow, use spell-check.

Somebody mentioned to me recently that if you want to make a small fortune in business in Thailand - start with a big one! whistling.gif

I've been here for many years, but next year I am going to give the Philippines a go. I'm sure that the 'negatives' will be there also, but hey-ho, it's still better than living in UK.

Well good luck, its more expensive, dont know what the safety aspect is like, but you will have the benefit of the "reciprical agreement" re pensions although I dont know if anyone noticed the UK plc is trying to change the place they get the annual incease from and pay 4.5% instead of 5.2%, so yes better than the UK.

Edited by nong38

I have learnt that there are alot of people with time on there hands and are now in a position to solve not only your problems but the worlds! The world is still waiting though.

That we have a good moan about Thailand is not surprising, we had good moan about where we called home every day whilst there, but of the two we choose to stay even though we here that time honoured phrase "well if you dont like it you can leave" I have not ever, as yet, considered that option and what would thaivisa do if everyone did?

Well, Since im Swedish i own a computer with Swedish software and Swedish spell check, also i have a large amount of faith in the readers of this thread and do not doubt, even for a second that they are able to process what i am writing, spell check or not.

It's not your writing mate it's what your lot say that's the problem! :D

mo ippai biru onegai shimasu.

The amazing number of TVF members who would have trouble ordering a beer in Thai, and yet are very knowledgeable about Thai politics.

The only place I've ever had trouble ordering beer was Japan; in the end we gave up and got some from a machine outside seven-eleven.

And, I suppose, sometimes when I've been too successful, the world over, and needed a carry-out...

SC

What have I learned from reading TVF?

Thais are stupid and only exist to rip off foreigners.

Rich Thais obtained their wealth by being bent.

Isaan people are stupid, red shirt supporting, rioting thugs who would sell their mother for a few hundred baht.

All red shirts are terrorists who would hang you from the nearest lampost if you so much as said " That Khun Abhisit he's got nice teeth"

Being selective about the westerners I associate with was a good decision.

No matter what you buy, even if it were the latest Rolex watch or Ferrari 458 Italia, there'll be somebody out there who'll call your decision " crap" because only the things they buy are worth buying. Everything else is just so much <deleted>.

If one Thai does or says something wrong then their behavior automatically encompases every single Thai person on the planet.

Edited by mca

mo ippai biru onegai shimasu.

SC

"mo ippai biru onegai shimasu."?

I enjoy having my sensitive nipples nuzzled by my grandfather? What's that got to do with beer mate? :D

Well, Since im Swedish i own a computer with Swedish software and Swedish spell check, also i have a large amount of faith in the readers of this thread and do not doubt, even for a second that they are able to process what i am writing, spell check or not.

It's not your writing mate it's what your lot say that's the problem! :D

:cheesy:

What have you learned from Thaivisa? Mods can feel free to move the thread if it's placed wrong.

Here are some of the things i've learned from Thaivisa.

*Expats are way richer than average people! Most expats seem to earn my yearly wage in a month or so.

*Expats girlfriends/wifes have never set foot in a bar, they are all bussiness women from bkk or something similar.

*When a Thai looks upon a farang, what they see is not a person but an ATM.

*All Thai people are out to scam expats, they like nothing more than to get their hands on the wealthy expats wallet.

*The harder a post is to understand, the smarter are the person who wrote it.

*Relationships with bargirls allways end in tragedy.

*Starting a bussiness and generate an income from it in Los is close to impossible.

Im sure there are many more lessons to learn, feel free to add your's

Hmmmm,

Learnt from Thai Visa ... don't think so.

I'll go through your points ...

1. Maybe, for the short to middle term. Plenty of super rich Thais around.

2. For some, no. For many yes. (btw, wifes should be wives - business only has one inital 's')

3. <deleted>

4. More <deleted>

5. "The smarter are the person who wrote it". Hmmm. Speaks volumes.

6. Have any stats? (btw, always - only one 'l')

7. Yet more <deleted>. (btw, spelling again!)

.... and to answer your question; plenty of lessons to learn throughout life. One I did learn a long time ago was to never 'tar the same group/s of people with the same brush' .... better to keep your ignorance to yourself.

;)

What have you learned from Thaivisa? Mods can feel free to move the thread if it's placed wrong.

*Expats are way richer than average people! Most expats seem to earn my yearly wage in a month or so.

*Expats girlfriends/wifes have never set foot in a bar, they are all bussiness women from bkk or something similar.

*All Thai people are out to scam expats, they like nothing more than to get their hands on the wealthy expats wallet.

*Starting a bussiness and generate an income from it in Los is close to impossible.

Hmmmm,

2. For some, no. For many yes. (btw, wifes should be wives - business only has one inital 's')

3. <deleted>

4. More <deleted>

.... and to answer your question; plenty of lessons to learn throughout life. One I did learn a long time ago was to never 'tar the same group/s of people with the same brush' .... better to keep your ignorance to yourself.

;)

Instead of worrying about spelling,look up the word sarcasm.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm,

3. <deleted>

4. More <deleted>

;)

Instead of worrying about spelling,look up the word sarcasm.:rolleyes:

Indeed, couldn't work out whether he/she was taking the mickey or not ..... maybe I bit! :)

:thumbsup:

Nothing amazing about it at all, two very good English language newspapers in Bangkok and Channel 3 weekday evening news with English soundtrack too, all cover Thai politics comprehensibly.

As for ordering beer, just how difficult is it to say Leo,Singha et al??

whistling.gif

I was surprised to learn how many people on this forum HATE SO MUCH THINGS ABOUT THAILAND, Thai people, Thai weather, Thai baht, Thai airways, Pattaya, Pattaya beaches, Bar girls, Traffic, Lack of "american style pizza", Houses, Condos, Land, Real Estate in general, Immigration, TOT, AIS, DTAC, Spohon cable, Pattaya newspapers, Government, Hua Hin, Police, Street food, Price of Eggs, Price of Beer, 7/11 Staff, Tesco, Big C Extra, Price of new cars, Price of second hand cars, Price of just about everything, Quality of Fish & Chips/Steaks/Mexican food/Itallian food/The ammount of tourist traps in Thailand, Dangerous driving, Soi dogs, Drainage, Lighting, Electric cables, English style pubs, Irish style pubs, Cracks in the footpaths, Holes in the roads, Traffic lights not working, too much traffic lights, Not enough traffic lights, Shop opening times, Shop closing times, People,Places and Things in general .................................. Add infanitum,...... Yet they still remain here bashing away at their keyboards HATING everything in an attempt to make themselves look good or feel better!!

Rant over!! :crazy:

+1

and thanks for that, you saved me a lot of typing.

But you did miss out on the facts that

Every second farang in Thailand is connected to Don Corleone, Tony Soprano or the Krays

By Ex-Pat law you must obsess about Thaksin and the current state of politics in Thailand

And that was just this week!!:lol:

+1. And it all just gets WORSE AND WORSE daily! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

whistling.gif

Very difficult for 90% of the expats I meet LOL ...... they pronounce it totally wrong.

W

Indeed.

Heavy stress on the second syllable of Leo.

And Sing.

Said that without moving my lips, no pm jokes please.

Edited by mahtin

whistling.gif

Very difficult for 90% of the expats I meet LOL ...... they pronounce it totally wrong.

W

Indeed.

And Sing.

I guess it depends where you live. Without fail when I have ordered a Sing in Pattaya, the waiter confirms it by "correcting" me by saying Sing-HA. Hilarious, eh? (So why bother.) Edited by Jingthing

Hmmmm,

3. <deleted>

4. More <deleted>

;)

You are the only one missing the point in this thread, maybe instead of scanning posts for poor spelling you should focus on the meaning of the posts.

:thumbsup:

Nothing amazing about it at all, two very good English language newspapers in Bangkok and Channel 3 weekday evening news with English soundtrack too, all cover Thai politics comprehensibly.

whistling.gif

I just learned that the two English language papers in Thailand are 'very good', along with Channel 3 weekday news, and they alone suffice to cover Thai politics comprehensibly [sic].

whistling.gif

W

Indeed.

And Sing.

I guess it depends where you live. Without fail when I have ordered a Sing in Pattaya, the waiter confirms it by "correcting" me by saying Sing-HA. Hilarious, eh? (So why bother.)

Official Name is indeed Sing-HA, but all Thai's also know it as Sing. (So the waiter was just .....)

Same thing with M-150 (M Roy Ha Sip) all Thai's know what you mean if you say M-100 (M Roy) or even M-300 (M Saam Roy, if you want 3 bottles :lol:

Edited by MJCM

I learnt that she was only a cashier at the bar where I met her, and it was her first night there after arriving in Pattaya that day from Mukdahan. And that she really loves me and is thankful that she has found a farang like me on her first day so she will never have to work as a 'cashier' again.

And that she likes Prada or Louis Vitton handbags.