Using Scb Debit Plus Card For Purchases Online

Hi. Has anyone successfully used a Siam Commercial Bank Debit Plus Mastercard for an online purchase?

I have the said card but was issued the one without my actual name on it so it just says "Debit Plus" where "Your Name" should usually appear at the bottom of the card. I thought maybe this is the problem since I not seen debit cards with the VIsa or MC symbol without a named person before ...............but then my other Bangkok Bank Visa card, which also doesn't have a specified name on it, works fine for an online purchase.

The rep at the bank when my account was opened said that it works online. They didn't understand what I was saying when I asked how it could work if the online form says "name of cardholder, exactly as it appears on the card" - I have tried both my name and also "Debit Plus" - doesn't work. The only thing I can think of is maybe my gf's address is in Thai but online I input the address in english so maybe it doesn't match during processing? But then why does the Bangkok Bank Visa card wok?!

So before I move all my cash from SCB to Bangkok Bank.....has anyone had similar problems? Or is it that that type of debit card cannot be used online?

Thanks for any advice!

CT

Wow. That's a good one. Kind of similar to the "suggestion box" at work. Write suggestion in the space provided. |_|. In your case, read back the name as indicated: ____________________

Apologies. I don't understand your reply? You mean I have to put in my name? There's no name on my debit card, it just says "Debit Plus".