Foreign Transaction Fee Class Action Suit

Remember that class action suit against the credit card and Debit/ATM card issuers? This was for not openly reporting foreign transaction and currency conversion fees, for years 1996 thru 2007. Anyway, we just got our checks. We'd reported approximately $98,000 -- and our two checks totaled $643.00. I quite frankly never expected anything.

There were 10 million claims, so they say checks will not end being issued until the end of the year.

Go to: www.ccfsettlement.com for further info. Especially if you have an address change to report.

Oh, sounds like we're automatically enrolled in a follow-on class action suit involving the same thing. Wow, the money just keeps rolling in....

Easy to see why all my credit card and ATM card statements now clearly indicate the foreign transaction fee.

I guess lawyers are worth something -- sometimes.

You reported $98,000. You got back $643. Who do you figure got the rest?

The $98k was the basis for the 1% foreign transaction fees not reported. That I got $643 of the $980 in question ain't too bad, especially with this proviso: "All refund amounts are reduced because the full amount of all the claims exceeds the amount in the settlement fund."

But, yeah, the lawyers' new yachts look impressive.